14 Carribbean nations sue Britian, Holland and France for slavery reparations

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not quite in respects to this discussion, but you know how many times we invaded those countries, pulled underhanded crap to try to manipulate their politics (all the way up to attempted assassinations), and screwed them over economically for our own political or corporate reasons?

The question of reparation for cac schism is for another day. Today we are talking about reparation for slavery. Within the context of OP's topic--the original topic, not the strawman you and the c00nes have created to deflect--the USA does not owe Haiti, the DR or Cuba anything.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Comical. The money will go right back into their hands.

Money that flows into black countries doesn't simply "end up in cac's hands". This is a ridiculous and wrong oversimplification. Money that flows into black economies generally improves the lives of the people, notwithstanding corruption, same as in Russia and China. Y'all don't know shyt about economics. The black economy isn't just a black hole that goes back to cacs.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Probably, yes somehow. But same thing would happen here if black people got reparations. But you still want your check, dont you? :usure:
The strategy shoukd not be just to get money. The strategy should be to build infrastructure and increase the standards of living in black majority countries that rival western countries.

Blacks have a right to reparations but I don't trust these governments to utilize this money for the benefit population...due to their track record.

mismanagement had long been a problem with black leaders/politicians/governments. It's time that black citizens hold their leaders accountable and not think they can't be screwed over aas easily by someone in black face especially when dealing with money.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Japanese and jews are self sufficient...very enterprising and have power and influence. Blacks have neither!

What does Japan, Jews and your opinion of self-sufficiency , power, competency have to do with whether blacks should get reparations? There is no objective predetermined level of "sufficiency" and "competency" which somehow removes, justifies or mitigates anything with respects to insults and damages. A man making 150k might be more "competent" than me by way of his education and job, but that has no bearing on whether I should receive injury damages, irrespective of the fact I only make 60. Similarly The Japanese and Jews' state of affairs are irrelevant to whether blacks should receive reparations. Your idiocy is unbearable.

if blacks can't run their countries with what they have...tgrowing money at the situation will just make it worse. it is not to say that blacks don't deserve reparations.

What? Blacks run countries as we speak and of course more money helps the situation, the same as more money flowing into French coffers helps France. You are an idiot.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The strategy shoukd not be just to get money. The strategy should be to build infrastructure and increase the standards of living in black majority countries that rival western countries.
Which requires money.

Blacks have a right to reparations but I don't trust these governments to utilize this money for the benefit population...due to their track record.

Well it is up to them to fix their country and not for you to question their right to reparations.

mismanagement had long been a problem with black leaders/politicians/governments. It's time that black citizens hold their leaders accountable and not think they can't be screwed over aas easily by someone in black face especially when dealing with money.

Sure, but mismanagement questions about current governments have little to do with whether people deserve reparations.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The question of reparation for cac schism is for another day. Today we are talking about reparation for slavery. Within the context of OP's topic--the original topic, not the strawman you and the c00nes have created to deflect--the USA does not owe Haiti, the DR or Cuba anything.

Come on now. WTH would I want to deflect from anything? Hell yeah the Europeans should pay reparations, France to Haiti more than anything. I just posted pro-reparations material on another thread earlier today. Everyone who profited from slavery should pay reparations. Why you gotta be accusing me of some sort of conspiracy just because I wanted to make sure nobody forgot that the US has messed with those little nations too?

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
OK, you are demand whatever else you want if that's your wish. If you think nothing can help reconcile your loss of culture, religion, etc, then so be it. But why should your opinion have any bearing on others' and their bids to receive compensation? Take nothing if that's what you want.

Moving on, richer black people are better than poorer. If Jamaica gets richer, or Haiti gets richer, or both get rich but Haiti is still poorer than Jamaica, blacks will be better of.

As respects your question as applies to Indians (there are almost no Chinese or Indonesians in the Carribeans), the answer is no, they aren't eligible to receive any reparations. Their ancestors chose to migrate to the Carribean for work and they served as indentured servants and voluntary quartermasters for the cacs. I won't advocate they receive anything like I won't advocate the Irish serve anything for doing the same work in the USA.

Contrary to what you think, money is only a piece of the puzzle. This isn't a "money" and "complete forgiveness" thing. It's a "money" and "it is what it is" thing.

I have no qualms with your opinion and your arguments are solid.I don´t know where you are from(or your parents),but i would guess that we don´t have the same experience and look at things different.I never said that money would not help,but it would not bring us one step closer to reclaiming what has been lost.If you value the above mentioned to the degree that they mean as much to you as money then you are 100% correct.As far as contract workers go,where i am from the creolen(descendants of slaves)(,javanen(indonesia),hindoestanen(india) and chinese are coexcisting and bloodlines are intertwined throughout.That makes it a bit more difficult as far as real world solutions.When I ask a question it is not to build my own ego up so I can elate my fellow Coli brethren with being a knowitall,sometimes a question is just that,so thanks for answering...

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Last edited:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Haitians are the realest of the Caribbean diaspora :mjcry:
Meh. Personally I dont believe this will ever happen even if some courts were to rule in our favor. There is an old saying in Haiti that says "konstitisyon se papyé. Bayonèt se fè." Translates to "Constitutions are just paper. Bayonets are steel" alluding to the fact that military strength always prevails. I personally believe that until black nations better arm themselves enough to strike enough fear in the hearts of these bigger nations we'll remain at the bottom.
But there's alway hope. :manny:
I'm just skeptical because as i always tell you all "i dont believe in revolution without violence".