131 college scholarships put on hold or modified due to Texas DEI ban, documents show

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
The bolded is the most important question. Give me 3 examples and I can give you detailed answers.

Obama getting his initiatives stymied in the Federal judiciary has nothing to do with states packed with Republicans today doing dumb shyt. You are talking about two very different things, but like I said, give me examples and I will sit here and answer. A lot of things aren't simply "The Republicans can do it but not dems." Often times, especially if you check the Federal legislature, Republicans are doing nothing but making sure Democrat initiatives don't pass.
#Stricter voting ID requirements

#Only 1 in 5 National Park Service employees and visitors to U.S. national parks are Americans of color. However, the U.S. Department of Interior recently reversed an Obama-era strategic plan to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in its parks.

#Attorney General Jeff Sessions overturned so-called smart on crime approaches to criminal justice by directing prosecutors to pursue the harshest drug sentences possible, without consideration of an individual’s role in a drug conspiracy. This reversal will contribute to the overincarceration of African Americans, who remain more than twice as likely to be arrested for drug possession than whites.

#Attorney General Sessions reversed a DOJ plan to reduce its use of private prisons, which profit from the war on drugs and house a greater share of people of color than public prisons.

#President Trump supports cutting an additional $21 million from tribal law enforcement, despite the fact that there is a lack of necessary resources to address high rates of rape and murder on tribal lands.

#President Trump signed a bill taking away the right for people to take financial companies to court, a step toward weakening the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, which protects individuals—especially people of color—from wealth-stripping financial products and fights against discrimination in the financial industry.

#The Trump administration wants to eliminate the U.S. Commerce Department’s Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA), which provides business consulting services to people of color who wish to start or expand their own businesses. The MBDA is the only federal agency focused on the development and growth of minority-owned businesses.

#President Trump plans to merge the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, which monitors discriminatory practices among government contractors, with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, which holds all employers accountable for discrimination. The merger would decrease their combined budget by millions, making it more difficult to review and prevent discrimination in the workplace.

#In August, the Trump administration halted the implementation of the Obama-era Employer Information Report, or EEO-1 form, update, which would have confidentially collected pay data broken down by gender, race, and ethnicity. Pay data is critical to federal enforcement agencies in uncovering wage discrimination against women of color, who face some of the largest wage gaps across all industries.

when you finish with this we can go over the education , hate crime, housing, and immigration policies.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
aubree-butts-devin-oliver.jpg

For Richard Oliver, the night of June 3, 2014, was a parent’s worst nightmare.

His daughter Devin Oliver and her classmate Aubree Butts, players on the women’s basketball team at Texas A&M University at Commerce, were killed in a car crash in rural Paris, Texas. The community mourned and celebrated Oliver and Butts by creating a memorial scholarship.

“I appreciated the fact that that scholarship was targeted specifically for that demographic type — Black female athlete, and particularly basketball — because that’s who my daughter was,” Richard Oliver told The Dallas Morning News.

Now the Devin Oliver and Aubree Butts Memorial Scholarship — and 130 others across Texas — are frozen or being modified as the state’s public universities implement a new state law, according to documents obtained by The News through open records requests. The affected scholarships comprise 80 at Texas A&M University institutions, 45 at University of Texas-affiliated campuses and six at three other public universities.

Known as Senate Bill 17 and authored by state Sen. Brandon Creighton, R-Conroe, the law is a ban on diversity, equity and inclusion, or DEI, programs at public universities in Texas and went into effect Jan. 1.
I can only repeat myself: Racism out in the open and the rollback of integration! This is going to do wonders for the black family unit :blessed::troll::francis:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps

#Only 1 in 5 National Park Service employees and visitors to U.S. national parks are Americans of color. However, the U.S. Department of Interior recently reversed an Obama-era strategic plan to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in its parks.

#Attorney General Jeff Sessions overturned so-called smart on crime approaches to criminal justice by directing prosecutors to pursue the harshest drug sentences possible, without consideration of an individual’s role in a drug conspiracy. This reversal will contribute to the overincarceration of African Americans, who remain more than twice as likely to be arrested for drug possession than whites.

#Attorney General Sessions reversed a DOJ plan to reduce its use of private prisons, which profit from the war on drugs and house a greater share of people of color than public prisons.

#President Trump supports cutting an additional $21 million from tribal law enforcement, despite the fact that there is a lack of necessary resources to address high rates of rape and murder on tribal lands.

#President Trump signed a bill taking away the right for people to take financial companies to court, a step toward weakening the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, which protects individuals—especially people of color—from wealth-stripping financial products and fights against discrimination in the financial industry.

#The Trump administration wants to eliminate the U.S. Commerce Department’s Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA), which provides business consulting services to people of color who wish to start or expand their own businesses. The MBDA is the only federal agency focused on the development and growth of minority-owned businesses.

#President Trump plans to merge the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, which monitors discriminatory practices among government contractors, with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, which holds all employers accountable for discrimination. The merger would decrease their combined budget by millions, making it more difficult to review and prevent discrimination in the workplace.

#In August, the Trump administration halted the implementation of the Obama-era Employer Information Report, or EEO-1 form, update, which would have confidentially collected pay data broken down by gender, race, and ethnicity. Pay data is critical to federal enforcement agencies in uncovering wage discrimination against women of color, who face some of the largest wage gaps across all industries.

when you finish with this we can go over the education , hate crime, housing, and immigration policies.

Source:

Prodyson

All Star
Daps

Just from doing a quick scan, it looks like most, if not all, of these are Federal decisions/legislation. The topic of the OP is not federal, it’s at the state level.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
BUT BOTH SIDES...
That's the shyt that kills me. Then they'll tell you some bs "but the democrats should've...." as if the power to do something doesn't come down to their lack of voting for the very democrats they blame for being toothless.

Edit: And just like that....

Biden can't stop this?

:snoop:

Last edited:

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
He asked me for 3 examples of Trump getting racist shyt off the ground and said he will give me 3 detailed answers
Right but the context of that statement was based someone (I think you?) asking if Biden can do anything about this and you rebutting with Trump getting racist stuff off the ground. Biden can’t do anything about this because it’s state legislation and the stuff you mentioned are Federal. Now, in theory, Biden could do something about the stuff you listed (assuming he hasn’t already). But what you provided doesn’t really address the original question of what Biden can do about what’s happening in the OP.

What you provided is kind of another discussion

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Right but the context of that statement was based someone (I think you?) asking if Biden can do anything about this and you rebutting with Trump getting racist stuff off the ground. Biden can’t do anything about this because it’s state legislation and the stuff you mentioned are Federal. Now, in theory, Biden could do something about the stuff you listed (assuming he hasn’t already). But what you provided doesn’t really address the original question of what Biden can do about what’s happening in the OP.

What you provided is kind of another discussion
I understand what both of you are saying. But shyt like voter ID and other news laws will affect you locally. Some of this shyt goes hand in hand with local laws, but y'all are right... i'm on the wrong discussion. I just think the optics look bad. Every time some shyt get pushed for black folks "everybody hands is tied" like reparations. But they nikkas will pass a "stop asian hate" bill in heartbeat and give me resources. black folks been voting since we could, and all we get is "more of you should have voted". Then we do get something passed for us, the next person in office undermines it and shuts it down. This shyt is a battle just to get bare necessities from the government and it will be for every black generation after us . Fighting for acceptance and equality in a place that has always looked at us as help, property, or 1/3s of a man. I'm done rambling .. Salute to yall bruhs and stay strong

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
:manny:If I ever run into one of you "bothsides" "dei" "well it wasn't benefitting ADOS/FBA/Losers of Black America" Im beating yo motherfukking ass.

You fukking dorks will sabotage black potential and success because of some shyt you heard on a podcast by a bytch who lives in her parents basement at 50+ years old and another closet case with a white mom in law who lives in his house.

I don't give a fukk about jail, it's on sight for you and the crackas you dikk ride. On my GRANDfathers grave, I'ma make you bytches regret even walking outside

Nah breh aim your anger at the actual cacs pushing this. The brehs falling for these grifters are a symptom not the cause imo.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
:manny:If I ever run into one of you "bothsides" "dei" "well it wasn't benefitting ADOS/FBA/Losers of Black America" Im beating yo motherfukking ass.

You fukking dorks will sabotage black potential and success because of some shyt you heard on a podcast by a bytch who lives in her parents basement at 50+ years old and another closet case with a white mom in law who lives in his house.

I don't give a fukk about jail, it's on sight for you and the crackas you dikk ride. On my GRANDfathers grave, I'ma make you bytches regret even walking outside
White people blocking DEI programs makes this former Republican voter who probably helped put people into position to do this want to beat up other black people.

You can't make this shyt up. This is 100% what a c00n is. Quote your therapist don't quote me, c00n.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
White people blocking DEI programs makes this former Republican voter who probably helped put people into position to do this want to beat up other black people.

You can't make this shyt up. This is 100% what a c00n is. Quote your therapist don't quote me, c00n.
I was just about to say the same thing.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps

That's what they say about you types of nikkas. Here we have a story about white folks doing what they can to impede Black progress, and your answer is to look to get violent with other Black people.

Tell you one thing, I'm a "bothsider" and I'd hope to be the one you ran down on with that dumb shyt lol