12/14/24 PBC on PRIME PPV: Gervonta Tank Davis vs Lamont Roach (WBA Lightweight Title)

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
relax. That said I looked at the WBA Top 15, De Le Santos is the only one who made sense. Floyd Schofield is #2 after Zepeda but people would have complained he was too green, DLS is exciting and top 5, and from a story line they can use it as "This is how Shakr could have beat him if he was as good as Tank".

Roach is a legit champ and has height and reach over Tank, and they can sell the DC vs BMore thing in a Black City (Houston, since I believe there was a Hockey Game in the DMV area). So pretty much the Tank Fight can do numbers as it gives black folks a reason to get out the house, or already go to H Town to party and then the after party economics for the fight.

this fight damn sure better then that Joe Cordina bullashyt that nikkas aint have this same energy for

nikkas gone be in the house. I text my cousin, who text our other cousin to let him know about the fight. My family is certified hustlers down here and we're linked to another family going back damn near 40 years. Me and my brother are like the only legit ones of our generation. So the fight has already sold itself because that's Davis demographic.

I just don't like the fight because it looks funky for a guy of caliber to be fighting someone who has to move up in weight. Davis is at a point in his career where he needs to challenge himself. So the choices should have been to either clean up 135 or move up to 140.

And with the injury to Stevenson and Loma on extended hiatus, the choice was clear.

I'm a Stevenson fan and I shyt on the Cordina fight too. I hate he got himself hurt but I'm glad that fight got canned.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
nikkas gone be in the house. I text my cousin, who text our other cousin to let him know about the fight. My family is certified hustlers down here and we're linked to another family going back damn near 40 years. Me and my brother are like the only legit ones of our generation. So the fight has already sold itself because that's Davis demographic.

I just don't like the fight because it looks funky for a guy of caliber to be fighting someone who has to move up in weight. Davis is at a point in his career where he needs to challenge himself. So the choices should have been to either clean up 135 or move up to 140.

And with the injury to Stevenson and Loma on extended hiatus, the choice was clear.

I'm a Stevenson fan and I shyt on the Cordina fight too. I hate he got himself hurt but I'm glad that fight got canned.

This a stay busy fight though, it was clear Loma is who they were gunning for and Loma told us he didn't want the smoke, so I'm not really looking at this as a big deal.

Dudes is talking like Lamont is Rolly, and even Lamont like y'all got him fukked up lol. Like literally with the cards Tank was delt with Loma pulling out only fights better than this is DLS or Tank going for Boechick for the WBO but I can put money outside of it not being a big fight TR wants that belt on Keyshawn and he is getting it after his Nov fight.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
This a stay busy fight though, it was clear Loma is who they were gunning for and Loma told us he didn't want the smoke, so I'm not really looking at this as a big deal.

Dudes is talking like Lamont is Rolly, and even Lamont like y'all got him fukked up lol. Like literally with the cards Tank was delt with Loma pulling out only fights better than this is DLS or Tank going for Boechick for the WBO but I can put money outside of it not being a big fight TR wants that belt on Keyshawn and he is getting it after his Nov fight.

I get it. But fight someone in the division of this is considered a stay busy fight. This isn't Mayweather taking a couple of years off to come back and his first fight is Marquez.

Like I said, it looks weird fighting a guy in a lower division, even moreso if you're calling it a "stay busy" fight.

And that's no disrespect to Roach. He has the height and reach. But he's pillow fisted. Cat can't bust a grape.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I get it. But fight someone in the division of this is considered a stay busy fight. This isn't Mayweather taking a couple of years off to come back and his first fight is Marquez.

Like I said, it looks weird fighting a guy in a lower division, even moreso if you're calling it a "stay busy" fight.

And that's no disrespect to Roach. He has the height and reach. But he's pillow fisted. Cat can't bust a grape.

Outside of DLS none of these dudes have power like that lol. I need to watch more of Lamont but from what I see dude is skilled and has boxing pedigree, these are all things people claim should be an issue for Tank. If power is what people are seeking for Tank then go ahead and make Tank God of the division because nobody has it then. Frank was an athletic fighter with power and got slept lol now Tank fighting a skilled black fighter with experience. All of this is coming off of people saying tank scared of black fighters.

The fact is at this point nobody tank can fight will satisfy anyone because notice nobody is calling out the specific name that is available. I'm literally the only one who even mentioned DLS and if he fights him people will still complain since Shakur beat him

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
but no this fight is not it...at all...and for PPV on top of that....sheeeiiiiittt :heh:

i like roach..i respect roach but he is champion at 130 pounds...super featherweight not lightweight...this dragging a fighter up from another division shyt has to stop...seriously..there's a whole top 15 at 135 you can use if the matchmakers want to apply themselves
They have to want to fight :yeshrug: These guys are turning down career paydays to not fight Tank

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
It will be very entertaining to watch Tank stans talk up Lamont Roach into being some type of master boxer over the next month.
Who would you have liked to see Tank fight? Think he should move up to 140?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Who would you have liked to see Tank fight? Think he should move up to 140?

pick one of these dudes out of the top five of the sanctioning bodies, will be a better fight than this :manny: Pillow fisted dude at a LOWER weight who isn't a defensive virtuoso will have nothing for Tank

There are several options in his own division that would not draw as much side eyeing, and yea he could move up to 140 too.

I mean its w/e I won't be watching this one unless the undercard is amazing.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
So nobody in particular just anybody in the top 5.

pick one of these dudes out of the top five of the sanctioning bodies, will be a better fight than this :manny: Pillow fisted dude at a LOWER weight who isn't a defensive virtuoso will have nothing for Tank

There are several options in his own division that would not draw as much side eyeing, and yea he could move up to 140 too.

I mean its w/e I won't be watching this one unless the undercard is amazing.