11 year old confesses to killing former mayor & daughter In Louisiana

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Criminal justice is one of those fields where people think they can get by never studying any of it whatsoever and still have an expert opinion with confident certainty.

In 95% of the world, juveniles who commit crimes like this are rehabilitated and released on a regular basis. "Life without parole" isn't even a legal sentence for minors anymore. Without knowing very much about the child, it's impossible to say more about this specific case, but in most cases it's easier to rehabilitate children than it is to rehabilitate adults (in a few specific circumstances, it's harder but still possible). There is literally nothing that could possibly be wrong with him that would cause an expert in the field to say "He's beyond hope", because at 11 years old there is so much brain growth and brain malleability left that could shape him in a new direction.

Never claimed to be an expert.

My opinion is just that...an opinion.

I also think that the American criminal justice system is a hypocrisy...and its design is not to help Black people liberate and heal themselves.

The kid, after murdering two human beings will never be right.

That's a reasonable opinion.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Never claimed to be an expert.

My opinion is just that...an opinion.

You didn't express it as an opinion, or even as an uncertainty. You expressed it as a fact.

I also think that the American criminal justice system is a hypocrisy...and its design is not to help Black people liberate and heal themselves.

The kid, after murdering two human beings will never be right.

That's a reasonable opinion.

If you admit that it's an opinion and based on knowing virtually nothing about the kid and nothing about childhood crime and mental problems, then yes, it is "reasonable" that you would think that way.

It's not a reasonable assumption to make if you're educated on the relevant issues though. Anyone who has spent time studying child criminality knows that there are numerous possible explanations, many of which have nothing to do with each other, and with completely different potential prognoses depending on the issue. Some diagnoses would suggest a very difficult life ahead, and some would suggest rehabilitation is very plausible.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
You didn't express it as an opinion, or even as an uncertainty. You expressed it as a fact.

If you admit that it's an opinion and based on knowing virtually nothing about the kid and nothing about childhood crime and mental problems, then yes, it is "reasonable" that you would think that way.

It's not a reasonable assumption to make if you're educated on the relevant issues though. Anyone who has spent time studying child criminality knows that there are numerous possible explanations, many of which have nothing to do with each other, and with completely different potential prognoses depending on the issue. Some diagnoses would suggest a very difficult life ahead, and some would suggest rehabilitation is very plausible.

Let's agree to disagree.

Estarossa

Rosé Gold
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
The child needs to be euthanized and erased from society… there’s no rehabilitating someone capable of doing this especially at such at young age. Get rid of him.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Criminal justice is one of those fields where people think they can get by never studying any of it whatsoever and still have an expert opinion with confident certainty.

In 95% of the world, juveniles who commit crimes like this are rehabilitated and released on a regular basis. "Life without parole" isn't even a legal sentence for minors anymore. Without knowing very much about the child, it's impossible to say more about this specific case, but in most cases it's easier to rehabilitate children than it is to rehabilitate adults (in a few specific circumstances, it's harder but still possible). There is literally nothing that could possibly be wrong with him that would cause an expert in the field to say "He's beyond hope", because at 11 years old there is so much brain growth and brain malleability left that could shape him in a new direction.

fukk. That. Kid.

I'm not a judge so my statements don't need to be rooted in academia and studies. If this little shyt head killed your wife or children would you be bringing studies to court in defense of his rehabilitation? Also, I don't believe in cruel and unusual punishment. Everything should be on the table. Besides, an 11 year old knows right from wrong. It's not like the average 11 year old is committing a double murder. Get the fukk out of here.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Notice how some of you mafukkas will ignore the parents that raised a 10 yr old that killed 2 people. The people that raised him more guilty than he is. They are adults and the 1s responsible.

Some of you pieces of shyt have kids yourself. :wow: :wow:

The parents of these kids like this deserve to be stoned to death.

concise

Veteran
Daps
In 95% of the world, juveniles who commit crimes like this are rehabilitated and released on a regular basis. "Life without parole" isn't even a legal sentence for minors anymore.

:patrice:

What countries have pre-teen killers who weren't forced into being child soldiers by rebel militias or drug cartels?

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I believe that due to his age the most they can do to him is incarcerate him until he’s 21

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do we know the boy wasn’t brainwashed by agents of the police to take out the mayor?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:patrice:

What countries have pre-teen killers who weren't forced into being child soldiers by rebel militias or drug cartels?

Every country does, though obviously it's way more common in places with easy access to guns.

fukk. That. Kid.

I'm not a judge so my statements don't need to be rooted in academia and studies.

Why does someone have to be a judge in order to inform their opinion with facts?

If this little shyt head killed your wife or children would you be bringing studies to court in defense of his rehabilitation?

Yes, I live out my values because I believe in them.

Also, I don't believe in cruel and unusual punishment. Everything should be on the table.

You sound proud of that stance.

Besides, an 11 year old knows right from wrong.

Odd statement coming from someone who wants to fry an 11-year-old. I would suggest that you're a grown man and YOU still don't know right from wrong.

He almost certainly knew that what he was doing was "wrong", but we all do things we know are wrong sometimes. The question (well, one of them) is how well he was able to weigh and understand the full ramifications of his decision - and it's scientifically proven that the brains of children don't weigh those long-term ramifications as well as adults do.

It's not like the average 11 year old is committing a double murder. Get the fukk out of here.

What does that have to do with anything? Of course we know that there was either something unusual about the kid or unusual about the experience. So we should try to figure out what happened and move from there. Trying to make permanent verdicts on someone's eternal fate while knowing literally nothing about the kid or what's going on is immature and most of the world left that behind centuries ago.