[11/10] AEW Dynamite: Prelude to Full Gear '21 / Danielson vs Romero / Young Lio Dynamite debut

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
It feels forced lex lugar ish
family-guy.gif

Naw breh you trippin:heh:. Everybody ridin with hangmayne on some authentic shyt. People see themselves in hangmayne; cowboy is for the people.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
You're not getting what I'm saying. You can't win the belt for the first time twice and you can't win the belt in front of your family and have it have the same effect twice either. And it was a moment where the homegrown guy just beat the invader and promised to not only bring the belt to Impact, but most importantly, bring the belt HOME to his family as well (which you also can't replicate). And he failed at that most important task IN FRONT OF HIS fukkING FAMILY. What the hell does that do for the guy that's supposed to be your next top babyface? He couldn't even keep a promise to his fukking family. That shyt matters, or at least should matter.

That type of booking doesn't make me want to watch Moose get beat. It reminds me of the old TNA and their endless heat and swerves, which just makes me not want to watch. Not to mention that I've never really cared about Moose and never wanted to watch him like that anyway.

Everything can't just be heat, especially when the most successful periods for companies have historically been spearheaded by strong babyface champions. That's how WWE bled away their audience over the years: constantly building heat and deferring satisfaction until people stopped caring about the endgame.

Louder for those in the back.

+Rep

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
@TrueEpic08 I get what you mean. I disagree. Wrestling needs heat. A big problem today is the absence of heat. I do agree that we have been inundated with swerves over time but this wasn't that imo. It was done just well enough to work. Even the shot that allowed Moose to sneak in behind him was well executed. The family angle made it one of the more unique cash ins in recent times. Which is saying alot after 15 years of Mitb. You might be burned out and I get it. I take breaks every so often. If this shyt ain't fun it ain't worth it.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
:gucci:THIS IS WHAT MAKES MOOSE LOOK EVEN MORE DEMONIC.

they create a mega babyface and a megaheel all in the same moment. we got the Josh Alexander moment. Believe it or not, you don't have to have full on title reigns for every wrestler. Josh's title reign would have been some basic babyface bullshyt if they went the predictable route.

No they haven't :mindblown:

In fact, they just cut Alexander's nuts off for a guy who isn't really worth it.

I'm not saying every babyface title run needs to be hunky dory or that you can't majorly screw over a babyface from time to time. But there's a time and a place for that shyt, and your first show back touring AFTER two long invader title runs AFTER said babyface beats the invader and brings the title back to the home promotion is NOT that time. It's wasteful booking, just throwing valuable work away for no good reason.

We're probably not going to agree on this, so if it works for you, that's fine. :yeshrug: All I'm saying is that it definitely doesn't work for me, and I'm not sure it will work for Impact in the long run. If I'm wrong, so be it. Wouldn't be the first time.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
No they haven't :mindblown:

In fact, they just cut Alexander's nuts off for a guy who isn't really worth it.

I'm not saying every babyface title run needs to be hunky dory or that you can't majorly screw over a babyface from time to time. But there's a time and a place for that shyt, and your first show back touring AFTER two long invader title runs AFTER said babyface beats the invader and brings the title back to the home promotion is NOT that time. It's wasteful booking, just throwing valuable work away for no good reason.

We're probably not going to agree on this, so if it works for you, that's fine. :yeshrug: All I'm saying is that it definitely doesn't work for me, and I'm not sure it will work for Impact in the long run. If I'm wrong, so be it. Wouldn't be the first time.
Yes they did. Now Josh a personal vendetta with Moose. This man stood over his child. You have no idea what you're talking about. You wanted some predictable bullshyt....then you would have complained that it was predictable. Moose would have walked around for weeks telling us he's cashing in and the cash in would have been....predictable.

Do you not understand that the moment with Josh winning and celebrating with his family is all we needed to see. THAT'S THE MOMENT. You don't need these goofy PREDICTABLE drawn out standard runs everytime.

Nobody cares about this "invader" bullshyt with Christian. That's not even the angle they were running with. The invader was Kenny Omega. Christian brought the title back to Impact. It was face vs face with Josh vs Christian.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
@TrueEpic08 I get what you mean. I disagree. Wrestling needs heat. A big problem today is the absence of heat. I do agree that we have been inundated with swerves over time but this wasn't that imo. It was done just well enough to work. Even the shot that allowed Moose to sneak in behind him was well executed. The family angle made it one of the more unique cash ins in recent times. Which is saying alot after 15 years of Mitb. You might be burned out and I get it. I take breaks every so often. If this shyt ain't fun it ain't worth it.

Dude, there's WAY, WAY too much heat in major wrestling promotions these days. At the very least, WWE has been nothing but a heat filled heel promotion since at least 2013. And the only thing they learned from their initial foray into being that kind of promotion is to beat babyfaces over and over again. Which worked exactly one time and only because they did it with a top 10 wrestler ever. It's never worked since, from either a creative or commercial standpoint (check how RAW's ratings dropped from 2013 to 2016 if you don't believe me).

I'm not burned out on wrestling, just burned out on pointless, bullshyt swerves only meant to build heat. That's why I don't watch WWE anymore, and why I don't want that type of booking to infest promotions I actually do watch. Like I said in my other post, if it works for you, it works for you. It just doesn't work for me, personally.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
If you don't like Hangman that's cool but don't say bullshyt like this.

I swear its like some of you are watching a completely different product than everybody else.
Feels like they been forcing dude since day one but I just hate his character just very blah

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Man this was a really incredible show.

Not sure what the discussion direction going on in here hitting on…. But damn

Great build for the PPV and they don’t even need Rampage to close the deal.

If it wasn’t bought….. shyt was definitely bought off this ep