[11/10] AEW Dynamite: Prelude to Full Gear '21 / Danielson vs Romero / Young Lio Dynamite debut

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
I have one question: Why did Don Callis put on the fake mustache/goatee when he was going to be wearing a face mask?

Same reason Sting wore a Sting mask

nFj5Z-pdKWeXRzJC_zUgetyXzrh31wZkZHeLYYz21hI.gif

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
That's wrestling. He did win it. The story is not being able to relish in the fruits of his labor. Having it stolen by another guy who's been in that same spot. Moose been on the cusp. He should've been champ there but it's better he didn't get it then because he's better now. He put in work and has actually become a main event talent. You ain't got to like it. And you shouldn't he's a heel

Nah. That was excellent booking. We got the Josh Alexander moment with his family. Then it was snatched away at the blink of an eye right in front of his wife and child. Moose looks demonic doing that shyt and Josh become an extremely over babyface.

You're not getting what I'm saying. You can't win the belt for the first time twice and you can't win the belt in front of your family and have it have the same effect twice either. And it was a moment where the homegrown guy just beat the invader and promised to not only bring the belt to Impact, but most importantly, bring the belt HOME to his family as well (which you also can't replicate). And he failed at that most important task IN FRONT OF HIS fukkING FAMILY. What the hell does that do for the guy that's supposed to be your next top babyface? He couldn't even keep a promise to his fukking family. That shyt matters, or at least should matter.

That type of booking doesn't make me want to watch Moose get beat. It reminds me of the old TNA and their endless heat and swerves, which just makes me not want to watch. Not to mention that I've never really cared about Moose and never wanted to watch him like that anyway.

Everything can't just be heat, especially when the most successful periods for companies have historically been spearheaded by strong babyface champions. That's how WWE bled away their audience over the years: constantly building heat and deferring satisfaction until people stopped caring about the endgame.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
"Jungle" Jack Perry with some facial hair and a maskless Luchasaurus could probably pull off some babyface HBK/Diesel vibes.
Jurassic Express as a concept has no long-term legs though. The sooner Jack is different from every other cartoon gimmick on the show and gets to be a fully-realized human being who competes and not something ripped out of an 80s saturday morning cartoon, the sooner he gets to where he should be.

Cuz needs a manager, tho, and Christian is not it.

Dude needs to learn how to cut a promo, whether he likes it or not. At least he seems to be working on his look a bit and bulking up.

Nice little contract signing there. Good show.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
You're not getting what I'm saying. You can't win the belt for the first time twice and you can't win the belt in front of your family and have it have the same effect twice either.
:gucci:THIS IS WHAT MAKES MOOSE LOOK EVEN MORE DEMONIC.

they create a mega babyface and a megaheel all in the same moment. we got the Josh Alexander moment. Believe it or not, you don't have to have full on title reigns for every wrestler. Josh's title reign would have been some basic babyface bullshyt if they went the predictable route.