10 Years Ago Today Jay Z Dropped Another Mediocre Forgettable Album

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
lets call it what it is in less words;

he sold the fukk out.
Seriously. It's the ONLY Jay album besides the R Kelly albums that felt like a literal cash grab to keep him relevant. Kingdom Come, BP2, Vol. 3, Blueprint 3, and even the Linkin Park project felt more authentic than this.

At least Hov had more personality and skill on those albums. Hov sounded lifeless on most of MCHG and his rapping was at a low point.

Roxx the King

www.RoxxAlott.com
Daps
Reppin
Norfolk, VA
fukkWithMe
Part II (On The Run)
Crown
Beach Is Better
Oceans
F.U.T.W
Heaven
2nd part of Picasso Baby
Coli contrarian hyperbole aside, album was pretty solid. :ehh:
Ayo the streets loved this album. nikkas write think pieces up here trying to rewrite history on the internet. I was locked up and came home this Summer. Nobody cares about the artsy videos and all the shyt y’all criticized. This shyt had bangers on it and these joints were getting played all Summer lol.

Y’all hated Jay then and hate Jay now lol. But you can’t retconn impact. Samsung boys was up that Summer and the album was getting played EVERYWHERE. Shouts to my Samsung Note

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
I remember I had a solid team of producers working on my project at the time and I instructed them to make stuff in the vein of this

That was a mistake
Smh had you rode the Chief keef wave at the time and said "make some Chicago drill type beats" you'd have popped off :mjlol:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
worst album of all time

fake plats

It still sold, not shipped, but sold 1 million+ copies in real time. He was able to finesse a plaque, because technically 1 million people who accessed the album via Samsung was the same as 1 million units shipped to the store. No one has to actually sell a million copies to get a platinum plaque because it awards the amount of units shipped.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Nickels & Dimes is/was fuego, one Jay-z best songs post-1st retirement IMO
Oceans was cool too

rest of the album was always :russell: to me

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
It still sold, not shipped, but sold 1 million+ copies in real time. He was able to finesse a plaque, because technically 1 million people who accessed the album via Samsung was the same as 1 million units shipped to the store. No one has to actually sell a million copies to get a platinum plaque because it awards the amount of units shipped.
They didn’t count those Samsung numbers

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
fukkWithMe
Part II (On The Run)
Crown
Beach Is Better
Oceans
F.U.T.W
Heaven
2nd part of Picasso Baby
Coli contrarian hyperbole aside, album was pretty solid. :ehh:
yea i fukks with these songs too.

but with that said @Iverson_64 is dead on. the album has a commercialized, inauthentic, gimmicky stink that it cant shed and i think thats what diminshes it for most hardcore fans. hov is my rap idol and i even look at the album with a little bit of :scusthov::patrice: