10 year old Texas boy confesses to murder. Can not be charged cuz of age

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That boy threatened to kill another child.

If my child shot someone I would get them help immediately. Sending him out into the world like nothing happened is gross negligence.

Also by pawning the gun they were ok with someone else purchasing a firearm used in a murder and not disclosing that is a felony.
Yes it is gross negligence, but apparently you can't hold the parents/guardians responsible for the kid's actions .

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That boy threatened to kill another child.

If my child shot someone I would get them help immediately. Sending him out into the world like nothing happened is gross negligence.

Also by pawning the gun they were ok with someone else purchasing a firearm used in a murder and not disclosing that is a felony.

What type of help are you taking about? Maybe you lucky enough to afford this said “help” but I don’t see what this has to do with the conversation because obviously the kid is disturbed. Grandpa pawned the gun to try to get rid of the evidence. That’s what family is for…. Oh, and btw…. Kids threaten kids everyday

LadyJ2

Superstar
Daps
Yes it is gross negligence, but apparently you can't hold the parents/guardians responsible for the kid's actions .
I mean you can hold them responsible but it’s hard to do so criminally.

I doubt they have any assets but you can definitely sue them for wrongful death and have their wages garnished until the day they die and that is what I would do.

And even if they try to live off the grid I would find them.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Give me the legal grounds for gross negligence. What would be argued in a court of law?
I am not a judge so don't ask me. In theory it seems like to me if you knew or should have known some shyt and you took steps to conceal that knowledge and later on that kid does some more heinous shyt along those same lines that it was reasonable that you should have foresaw his actions based upon that kid's past behavior.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean you can hold them responsible but it’s hard to do so criminally.

I doubt they have any assets but you can definitely sue them for wrongful death and have their wages garnished until the day they die and that is what I would do.

And even if they try to live off the grid I would find them.
If the parents guardians took steps to conceal a crime of that kid then that makes them accessories after the crime.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here’s the thing…. Not too long ago, millions of kids grew up around easily accessible firearms….. in the 80s, it was nothing to see granddaddy’s rifle\shotgun in the corner or over the mantle piece… or to see your father’s handgun on the dresser in his bedroom once we were like 10 to 13 years old… The firearms stayed locked up around babies/toddlers of course, but we started hunting at 9 or 10 years old where I’m from and was taught how to respect and use firearms. Charging the grandfather is avoiding the real issue here. If this 10 year old stole a neighbor’s car that had the keys left in it and ended up killing someone in a car crash, do you believe the neighbor should be held responsible. I’m not comparing apples to apples perse, just curious as to what your answer is going to be
He committed the murder when he was 7 though

LadyJ2

Superstar
Daps
What type of help are you taking about? Maybe you lucky enough to afford this said “help” but I don’t see what this has to do with the conversation because obviously the kid is disturbed. Grandpa pawned the gun to try to get rid of the evidence. That’s what family is for…. Oh, and btw…. Kids threaten kids everyday

Therapy. And for children it can be free in Texas. Lots of charities and nonprofits offer therapy and counseling. Also if they weren’t complete fukking idiots they would have known the kid couldn’t be charged.

Now Grandpa will be facing a charge, the little terrorist is locked up, and the state now gets to call all the shots.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Therapy. And for children it can be free in Texas. Lots of charities and nonprofits offer therapy and counseling. Also if they weren’t complete fukking idiots they would have known the kid couldn’t be charged.

Now Grandpa will be facing a charge, the little terrorist is locked up, and the state now gets to call all the shots.

If that is the case. Grandpa held it down for the family….. and what you stated isn’t policy, so more than likely this kid ain’t getting none of that bullshyt stated

LadyJ2

Superstar
Daps
If the parents guardians took steps to conceal a crime of that kid then that makes them accessories after the crime.
Kid couldn’t be charged but I agree, the grandfather hid evidence of a crime by pawning the gun. Also lied on the pawnshop paperwork which is a felony.

We have a friend who is an HPD detective and he said idiots pawn firearms used in crimes all the time and use their IDs and everything. Grandpa would have been better off burying it somewhere tbh.