10 Overrated Life Decisions

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
What I've learned from these conversations over the years is that some people just like to rent. :manny:

Personally, I can't imagine still paying rent in my 40's, 50's, and 60's. And I love having a rental property of my own, but some dudes just like the ease and freedom of letting someone else take the risk.

Pretty much where I stand. Plus, unless it's an apartment, I would have an issue with paying someone else's mortgage, especially when I'm older.

I think the area where you live has a lot to do w/ the rent/own argument. Where I am in Northern VA, if I want a decent apartment at least, it's going to run $1500 and up easily, that's my mortgage. :manny:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
What I've learned from these conversations over the years is that some people just like to rent. :manny:

Personally, I can't imagine still paying rent in my 40's, 50's, and 60's. And I love having a rental property of my own, but some dudes just like the ease and freedom of letting someone else take the risk.

I think it's more because most people never really sat down and did financial planning. Unfortunately in our community, we're financially illiterate.

When you're 65 years old, on a fixed income, and your cost of living is higher than it is when you're in your 30s plus you're probably making less money; it makes no sense to have to pay an additional $1000/mo for the rest of your life in rent.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
3 is the only one i disagree with. Most north americans are fat as hell. If anything we need to be promoting a healthier culture.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
the average person can barely get a mortgage loan let alone a loan to buy a ferrari or maserati. Getting married and having kids is what the government and marketers want, it causes you to spend more and more.

A single bachelor is happy just living in a apartment or buying a modest condo or house, taking the bus or driving a used car, keeping his debt low, and travelling enjoying life.

Don't argue with these blue pill trolls. Just wait until they implement a bachelor tax and then they will really see whats up.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what: what bank requires 720? No bank like chase or wells fargo thats for damn sure, yall must be going through a credit union? Banks only require 710 never heard of this 720 business and I sold cars and worked at chase after that

Bank of America. Could be because it's an associate loan (meaning I get special rates because I work for them). Not sure.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I agree with everything except retiring and more excersixing. Too many fat fukks out here breh

yea but when you think about it that's mostly just an issue here in america

if you notice after someone travels overseas for a long time when they come back here and see a fat person they hit the :ohhh: :wow: like they forgot what obesity looked like

Roadie pipeher

From the embers
Daps
The value of a college degree has been diluted because we as a society have begun treating a college education as a right, not a privilege. If less people went to college it would a) be less expensive and b) actually mean something.

i take it you are opposed to an educated citizenry?

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's more because most people never really sat down and did financial planning. Unfortunately in our community, we're financially illiterate.

When you're 65 years old, on a fixed income, and your cost of living is higher than it is when you're in your 30s plus you're probably making less money; it makes no sense to have to pay an additional $1000/mo for the rest of your life in rent.

Eh, I'm not gonna call someone financially illiterate just cause they made a different choice than me, but I would definitely advise lifetime renters to weigh the options.

In theory. You still have to pay taxes, insurance, utilities are generally much higher in a house vs. apartment. You are responsible for all repairs. If the neighborhood suddenly turns to shyt, you are stuck there unless you willing to wash rinse and repeat. Since the neighborhood is shyt, you not gonna getr what u believe the house to be worth and a houses worth is only what someone is willingly to pay, not the appraisal value.

Lets be clear. Is ownership more expensive than renting? Absolutely, yes. But to look at it from the perspective of "monthly expenses" is a little short-sighted, imo. Think of homeownership not only as a way to live, but it's a tremendous investment.

Think about it like this.

Lets say we're both 25 years old right now. Lets say you decide to continue renting, and I decide to go the route of homeownership.

When I'm 55, I'll have 2 paid off properties, (hopefully) $800,000 in equity between those properties, rental income during retirement, a nominal monthly liability (probably a few hundred in taxes and insurance between the two homes), and my own house to live in.

When you're 55 you will have spent maybe $200k less than I over that time period (assuming I spend $555 a month more on home-maintenance / upkeep / utilities), but you'll still have a monthly obligation around $2500 (inflation)...and a 2-3 bedroom apartment. Not only that, but you'll continue paying indefinitely, such that by the time we're both 61, your continued payments will wipe out that $200k difference, with absolutely nothing to show for it.

Imo, homeownership is a no-brainer.

NVME

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Completely agree with relocating for a new job... don't take that decision lightly.

Daps
The exercise one doesn't ring true to me.... Cardio will help keep you alive. With heart attacks killing amerians at an alarming rate I don't think the concept of excercise is overrated at all. It's our number one killer in America

That's like saying seatbelts are overrated