10 Overrated Life Decisions

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I agree with Voting. Every since Al Gore won the popular vote and still lost the election I was like, so whats the point if everything is gonna be determined by the Electoral vote?

Especially living in Texas where its always gonna be Red State, if My popular vote isn't going to determine who gets in office whats the point???

Now I still vote because their are alot elections here locally and Props to vote on but where I used to encourage people to vote now I'm kinda like :ehh:

The other ones listed, it just depends on what type of person you are and what you value.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
:wtb:

I got pre-approved for a $400k house in AZ, and I had to have a 720 and $80k to put down. $400k in Cali won't go anywhere near as far as it does in AZ. Do they have different requirements out there or something?

With all these foreclosed homes, you don't need 400k to buy a house. It's hard as hell to buy a house right now. Rationing out these distressed properties is a great idea though. In Patterson, they have 3000 Sf homes for under 200k. Incredible market! I copped, 791 monthly. 16 dollars more monthly than my rent smh

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
The value of a college degree has been diluted because we as a society have begun treating a college education as a right, not a privilege. If less people went to college it would a) be less expensive and b) actually mean something.

Buying a house is number one though. I've met more people who regretted this choice than any other on the list. Owning a home in this country is like indentured fukking servitude. Whether its through an abusive mortgage or endless maintenance, your house WILL end up owning you.

:what:

An house is still an investment.

It's not like you can live some where for free.

It's a much better deal to be paying on your own investment then somebody else
I agree with Voting. Every since Al Gore won the popular vote and still lost the election I was like, so whats the point if everything is gonna be determined by the Electoral vote?

Especially living in Texas where its always gonna be Red State, if My popular vote isn't going to determine who gets in office whats the point???

Now I still vote because their are alot elections here locally and Props to vote on but where I used to encourage people to vote now I'm kinda like :ehh:

The other ones listed, it just depends on what type of person you are and what you value.

How do you think states become swing states?

And isn't Texas on the verge of becoming a swing state?

Superstar
Daps

An house is still an investment.

Not like it used to be. :mjpls:

It's not like you can live some where for free.

You rent.

It's a much better deal to be paying on your own investment then somebody else

Something breaks in your rental, the landlord pays for it. And now matter how shytty your rent gets, it won't compare to a mortgage.

Good luck with that "investment", the money from which will probably be poured into another house that has ALSO been appreciating in value in the meantime. :mjpls:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

I got pre-approved for a $400k house in AZ, and I had to have a 720 and $80k to put down. $400k in Cali won't go anywhere near as far as it does in AZ. Do they have different requirements out there or something?

Depends on the type of loan. I know FHA loans you only gotta put 3.5% down, but I think your credit score gotta be like 650 or something like that.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With all these foreclosed homes, you don't need 400k to buy a house. It's hard as hell to buy a house right now. Rationing out these distressed properties is a great idea though. In Patterson, they have 3000 Sf homes for under 200k. Incredible market! I copped, 791 monthly. 16 dollars more monthly than my rent smh

Can you link me to the site you used? I need to get on that shyt. Thx.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Not like it used to be. :mjpls:

You rent.

Something breaks in your rental, the landlord pays for it. And now matter how shytty your rent gets, it won't compare to a mortgage.

Good luck with that "investment", the money from which will probably be poured into another house that has ALSO been appreciating in value in the meantime. :mjpls:

I never understood people like you who think this way. If you have a traditional mortgage your house can be paid off in 30 years. Theres also 10 and 15 year mortgages for people who are more aggressive. After that the house is yours. No more paying for a place to live. If you rent you will always be renting. There will never be a time when you don't have a house payment.

Even if you ignore the benefits of owning land and having an asset that traditionally increases in value, that reason alone is why owning is typically better than renting.

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never understood people like you who think this way. If you have a traditional mortgage your house can be paid off in 30 years. Theres also 10 and 15 year mortgages for people who are more aggressive. After that the house is yours. No more paying for a place to live. If you rent you will always be renting. There will never be a time when you don't have a house payment.

Even if you ignore the benefits of owning land and having an asset that traditionally increases in value, that reason alone is why owning is typically better than renting.

In theory. You still have to pay taxes, insurance, utilities are generally much higher in a house vs. apartment. You are responsible for all repairs. If the neighborhood suddenly turns to shyt, you are stuck there unless you willing to wash rinse and repeat. Since the neighborhood is shyt, you not gonna getr what u believe the house to be worth and a houses worth is only what someone is willingly to pay, not the appraisal value.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

no such thing as 720 bruh ( I mean in the credit world, it goes up to over 800+ but 720 and 710 are the same for getting loans)

credit breaks are 580, 620, 680(not too sure about this break, might be 660) and 710.. having a 720 is literally no different than having a 710 in the bank eyes.. something tells me whoever handled your paper work fukked you up pretty bad..

People from out here buy property in AZ just because its cheaper and they flip it :damn:

First house can require 0%(hardship program) - 3.25% down with a 580 credit score (your interest rate will be like 1-3% higher than with a 620 credit score)

Second house will require 10% down. But it never goes higher than 10%....

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no such thing as 720 bruh ( I mean in the credit world, it goes up to over 800+ but 720 and 710 are the same for getting loans)

credit breaks are 580, 620, 680(not too sure about this break, might be 660) and 710.. having a 720 is literally no different than having a 710 in the bank eyes.. something tells me whoever handled your paper work fukked you up pretty bad..

People from out here buy property in AZ just because its cheaper and they flip it :damn:

First house can require 0%(hardship program) - 3.25% down with a 580 credit score (your interest rate will be like 1-3% higher than with a 620 credit score)

Second house will require 10% down. But it never goes higher than 10%....

It'll be my 2nd home. I only wanted 20% to avoid PMI; fukk I look like paying for the bank's insurance. My girl couldn't be on the loan w/ me cause her middle score was 715, 5 points shy of the banks requirements so I dunno.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What I've learned from these conversations over the years is that some people just like to rent. :manny:

Personally, I can't imagine still paying rent in my 40's, 50's, and 60's. And I love having a rental property of my own, but some dudes just like the ease and freedom of letting someone else take the risk.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
It'll be my 2nd home. I only wanted 20% to avoid PMI; fukk I look like paying for the bank's insurance. My girl couldn't be on the loan w/ me cause her middle score was 715, 5 points shy of the banks requirements so I dunno.

:what: what bank requires 720? No bank like chase or wells fargo thats for damn sure, yall must be going through a credit union? Banks only require 710 never heard of this 720 business and I sold cars and worked at chase after that

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
In theory. You still have to pay taxes, insurance, utilities are generally much higher in a house vs. apartment. You are responsible for all repairs. If the neighborhood suddenly turns to shyt, you are stuck there unless you willing to wash rinse and repeat. Since the neighborhood is shyt, you not gonna getr what u believe the house to be worth and a houses worth is only what someone is willingly to pay, not the appraisal value.

And if you rent your rent is going to go up every few years. And your also at the mercy of whoever your renting from. If the owner takes your rent money, don't pay the mortgage, and the house gets foreclosed on, your out of a place to live. Also if the house is sold to someone else, they have the right to kick you out of your home at anytime.

And you're still paying taxes and any expenses. The difference is its bundled into your rent from jump. Unless you think the people that's renting you their place is eating the cost of taxes and expenses, on top of making zero profit in the transaction.

So on top of paying the taxes, the insurance, the repairs, and being at the mercy of the home owner, you still receive none of the financial benefits. No tax breaks for being a homeowner and you'll be paying that rent for the rest of your life.

Homes always appreciate in value. The 2008 recession was the exception not the rule. If you look back at the history of home prices in the US you can see that.