10 Facts That Clear Up Confusion Around What Exactly Is an Arab

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
The problem is that when threads like this are made they aren't meant to explore history in a sincere way, they are made to advance revisionist theories that place a low level of importance on accuracy. We are asked to make broad generalizations on entire peoples based on things like a photograph or two, a fleeting observation from someone, anecdotal evidence, etc; basically we are asked to "eyeball" anthropology, which you just can't do and expect to produce rational analysis.

In this case the goal is to imply that present day Arabs are somehow not authentic, and to support this people are taking modern social definitions of the word "black" and haphazardly slapping them onto ancient populations. In this thread it's Arabs, in another it's Indians, in yet another it will be Chinese, olmecs, etc; This kind of ignorance all comes from the same source.

As far as the Arabian peninsula being so close to Africa, this is true, but its not indicative of much because if you look at a place like India, you have Caucasoids, australoids, negritos, tribals, etc; all living in the same general area. We also see people using terms like Eurasia to describe the landmass which comprises both Europe and Asia since they are technically connected...these are semantic arguments and not very satisfying when put through the ringer.

@KidStranglehold I'm gonna be honest, not everybody in those pictures you posted looks like what we would consider to be "black," some do, some don't. That's why I don't like the picture game, it's all rrelative at the end of the day and not reliable.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
^^^Then what is "black" to you then? True Negroid? Because those Arabians I posted pictures of look no different than most Northeast Africans and heck some Sahelian Fulanis. And why focus on the pictures, when there was posted many texts telling how the early Arabians were "indistinguishable" from Africans.

And no one is saying modern Arabs are not authentic. Who said that? They can still be descendant... In Arab culture having the linage is all that matters...

The pictures were just used as an example, the sources I posted were the real meat. You should address that.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
^^^Then what is "black" to you then? True Negroid? Because those Arabians I posted pictures of look no different than most Northeast Africans and heck some Sahelian Fulanis. And why focus on the pictures, when there was posted many texts telling how the early Arabians were "indistinguishable" from Africans.

And no one is saying modern Arabs are not authentic. Who said that? They can still be descendant... In Arab culture having the linage is all that matters...

The pictures were just used as an example, the sources I posted were the real meat. You should address that.
Dudes don't know when to take the L and bow out gracefully. They gotta cop pleas and back peddle when their views are shown to be wrong. Don't underestimate the power of the ego.

It's also telling in threads like these that it's certain posters first inclination to call any Black population anywhere outside the African continent slaves without examining any evidence to the contrary. And they do this through a Geo-political lens of modern racism as is evidenced in this thread.

Last edited:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens

Black to me means anybody with direct African ancestry, it's a social concept and nothing more.

I addressed how Arabs viewed their lineage earlier when I brought up how those Arabs who had a black mother and Arab father were never fully accepted into Arab society, why? Because the Arabs always saw themselves as being different from Africans, regardless of skin color.

Here is an example from poet jarir:

"Though I be frizzle-haired, coal-black of skin, My generosity and honor shine yet brighter. Blackness of skin does me no harm When in battle’s heat my sword is flailing. Would you claim glory where there is none? The Ethiopians are more glorious than you..."

Jarir lived in the 7th century. He's addressing those Arabs who look down on people like him for their skin color.

Over time Arab became a pan ethnic identification with the expansion of Islam and Arab culture, but to say that prior to that Arabs were indistinguishable from black Africans is a huge stretch.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Black to me means anybody with direct African ancestry, it's a social concept and nothing more.

I addressed how Arabs viewed their lineage earlier when I brought up how those Arabs who had a black mother and Arab father were never fully accepted into Arab society, why? Because the Arabs always saw themselves as being different from Africans, regardless of skin color.

Here is an example from poet jarir:

"Though I be frizzle-haired, coal-black of skin, My generosity and honor shine yet brighter. Blackness of skin does me no harm When in battle’s heat my sword is flailing. Would you claim glory where there is none? The Ethiopians are more glorious than you..."

Jarir lived in the 7th century. He's addressing those Arabs who look down on people like him for their skin color.

Over time Arab became a pan ethnic identification with the expansion of Islam and Arab culture, but to say that prior to that Arabs were indistinguishable from black Africans is a huge stretch.

That's pretty low of them or some of them as many arabs were intermixing with africans..plus when The Prophet came and changed things around with calling everyone under the banner of Al-Islam as brothers/sisters..plus his last sermon and also marrying his daughter with former a slave and having kids etc.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
and have you been there and seen negroid afgans? If so, please show us?
From my understanding there wasn't even black slaves taken to afgansian (let alone some native black afghans)) like they did with Pakistan/India/Iran etc..

why are u assuming black people in those places have to descended from slaves? most of the blacks in iraq (for example) are not descended from slaves but rather are descended from arabs native to the arabian peninsula that migrated north. same with the blacks in iran.

stop believing the white propoganda that any black person located outside of africa is descended from a slave.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
obvuiously there are black Egyptians..Nubians, that's easy man.
black Iraqi's exist like black Iranians and black turks..thanks to slavery.

now thats a lie. some were descended from slaves. but most in Iraq are descended from the original black arabs.

stop believing white lies and propoganda.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
All one has to do to settle this is look up Arab descriptions and opinions of black Africans from early times. They are pretty vile and offensive.

Arab society was patrilineal. They also had a sexual fetish for black African women. The offspring of these unions were technically "Arab" but they were severely ostracized from society because of their racial status. Many of these people became poets and spoke on their situation in their compositions, others fought on the front lines in wars on behalf of Arabs, became merchants, traders, etc; Sound familiar? That's where the bulk of these "black" Arabs come from. So yes, it's true, black people in that part of the world weren't only slaves, but slavery is a huge part of their presence there that can't be ignored.

This Arab dikk-riding by proxy needs to stop. There was nothing noble or admirable about those people.

have u looked up greek descriptions of WHITE GERMANS from early times? pretty vile and offensive. I guess the greeks weren't white.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Article is trash.

Arabs were never black. They're Middle Easterners.

this is probably the stupidest thing that has been said so far in this thread. which is saying alot since @GetInTheTruck has been posting full retard all day.

da fukk is "middle eastern." you a muthafukin retard if you gon believe some word crakkkas made up just so they didn't have to admit Israel, Palestine, and Egypt were in AFRICA. so they created the world Middle East to separate it from Africa.

look up a map stupid. the "Middle East" is in AFRICA. its always been part of Africa. all the early arab maps described Egypt and Arabia as BILAL AL SUDAN aka LAND OF THE BLACKS. the original inhabitants from Arabia along with Palestine and Egypt were black.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is probably the stupidest thing that has been said so far in this thread. which is saying alot since @GetInTheTruck has been posting full retard all day.

da fukk is "middle eastern." you a muthafukin retard if you gon believe some word crakkkas made up just so they didn't have to admit Israel, Palestine, and Egypt were in AFRICA. so they created the world Middle East to separate it from Africa.

Middle Eastern is a colloquialism for Near Eastern or Eurasians. Arab DNA isn't black or white. Moreover, Israel and Palestine are located above Egypt in the Middle East, not Africa. There is a genetic separation between peoples underneath the Sahara and those above it, so the Middle East and Africa separation does hold weight.

look up a map stupid. the "Middle East" is in AFRICA. its always been part of Africa. all the early arab maps described Egypt and Arabia as BILAL AL SUDAN aka LAND OF THE BLACKS. the original inhabitants from Arabia along with Palestine and Egypt were black.

No, the Middle East is not part of Africa. It is intermediate between Africa, Asia and Europe, but neither of the three. Israel is not even that far from Greece. Would you say Greece is also a part of Africa? Once upon a time, perhaps Northern Africa was black but now it is Berber/Arabs that live there.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, I've seen you and a couple of other people claim that there's some early sources in which the arabs were described as "black" or described themselves as such, I'd love to see for myself, because so far I have seen anything of the sort. And yeah, I'd be nice if could specify what time period we're talking about here.

well here you go. its not that hard to find if you are not blinded by racism.

http://savethetruearabs.proboards.com/thread/250/description-arabs-experts
http://www.africaresource.com/rasta...-arabic-skin-complexions-an-explanatory-note/

Last edited:

Supper

All Star
Daps
You simply don't have an argument when it's built on a false and shaky foundation.

^^^Except for the fact that my core argument is in no way dependent or rest on whether or not you feel my use of the term "Afrocentric" is appropriate or not. I don't get how you can claim I'm being intellectually dishonest or misrepresenting someone because of my use of the abstraction "Afrocentrist". I even stated before that one doesn't nessasarily have to self-identify as an Afrocentrist to be making Afrocentrist arguments in the same way most people I would consider racist wouldn't self-identify as racist, in my book(yes that is my subjective point of view). Why is that so hard for you to wrap your head around? How is it then that without actually specifying which arguments presented I've twisted or misrepresented thus far can you just sit here to attempt to poison the well, by launching all of these ad homenin attacks on my character such that what I say reeks of cowardice, intellectual laziness etc etc just because my use of the term "Afrocentric" gets you really riled up apparently. Like I said before, my main argument is that the claim that "the original arabs were black" is fallacious in it's very nature- That's an objective observation by me. One that's completely independent and isn't in anyway contingent on whether or not you feel my use of the term "Afrocentrist" is appropriate(which is, like I said before, subjective) So here's a question: What flaws in my argument which is that particular claim in the OP is fallacious do you take issue with?

In short just to make things simple, this is a particular claim made in the OP: "the original arabs were black"

The claim is fallacious in it's very nature: My main argument that I'm presenting from an objective observation

The opinion that the claim is of a typical Afrocentric nature: My subjective point of view. One that doesn't in anyway act as a determiner or modifier of my main argument argument.

^^^^It seems you've found a nice red herring in the latter statement to hone in on in an attempt to shift the issue from my main argument.

Don't be so obtuse. No one sees the Atlantablackstar as a primary source for this topic. It was merely the spark that led to this conversation and the article put forth points and sources for people to consider and discuss. I even ordered one of the books mentioned in the OP:obama:. Did you read the article? Or did you just emotionally react like some of the cats in this thread have based off of the thread title? They provided sources and books in the OP for people to look up and you want to ignore that and chase the mythical Afrocentric ghost on youtube? C'mon fam. You're better than this.

I never said anyone was using Atlantablackstar as a primary source. Atlantablackstar as a publication was founded in into the 21 century, so how could it be used as primary source material for anything that transpired in the medieval era? I said that using an Atlantablackstar article as a source to lend credibility to a claim about history is a problem(Though using it as a lead or portal to a credible source would be perfectly fine.). But, don't let that stop from doing what you've been wailing on about thus far, which is strawmanning and proceeding to launch personal attacks based on those strawmans.

And the book by Bertram Sidney Thomas that they cited isn't a primary source either, nor is it an uptodate, scholarly, peer-reviewed piece of literature. And in the quote they cited doesn't even lend credence to the idea of the "original arabs being black". The articles quotes the following "the natives of Arabia “were not the familiar Arabs of our time but a very much darker people." So, far only Kidstranglehold has taken the care to preface his arguments by distinguishing the difference between "Arabians" & "Arabs" because the two are not interchangeable- Not all Arabs are Arabian and not all Arabians are Arabs. There are records of people in Arabia before long before recorded genesis of the Arabs came about, such as those of the Old Southern Arabian language speakers which are encompassed by the Southern Semetic lingustic group, who's most direct linguistic descendants, at least linguistically, would be Modern South Arabian speaking people(they are non-arab minorities). Arabic as a language did not arise in Southern Arabian, where the author Bertram Thomas did his research, nor is it a Southern Semitic language, but Central Semitic language, thus it would be wise to not wise to equate Arabs with Arabians, especially southern Arabians considering, linguistically, Arabs are not native to Southern Arabian, but central and northern Arabia. Ill address the rest of this point with @KidStranglehold, seeing as he made MUCH better and well thought out points addressing this.

You want to have a discussion on this subject, but you can't even read a simple article?So it's okay for you and others to make strawmen up and down in this thread, but you want to hide behind "Burden of proof"? This reeks of nothing but cowardice because it does nothing but give you a way out in not backing up the shyt you say. But since no one else has provided much of anything in regards to this topic, I guess I'll have to. See below for my sources and evidence.

Yeah okay, you're flustered and frustrated. We get it. So, just make it simple and show me what claim(s) I've made here that I didn't back up with evidence and I'll be happy to correct this flaw.

Thank you. I don't see how this disproves that the OG Arabs were black, Tropically adapted, or dark skinned ( Or any other term you want to use). What I do see here are descriptions of Blacks and African slaves during the Islamic expansion where Arab identity and culture began to be absorbed by different peoples who weren't historically considered Arabs and such is the case with groups like the Turks, Syrians, and Iraqi's. These aforementioned groups mixed with Arabs to create the lighter skin Arabs we see today.

I don't see how the original arabs would be "tropically adapted" seeing as the genesis of the Arabic speaking people happened geographically above the tropic of cancer in a temperate climate and from there they moved south into the tropical zone of Southern Arabia.. Anyway, These hadiths were a complemation of stories told during the time of the prophet muhammad before the islamic expansion under the first four Rashidun Caliphs outside of Arabia, unless you're counting the Old Southern Arabian speaking people, such as the Sabaeans who weren't Arab and were mentioned in the Qu'ran and were by and large absorbed into Arab identity. But, then again I this would probably contradict your point of lighter skinned people being absorbed, as the native Southern Arabian speaking people tend to be darker than Arabs.

Those who speak Arabic or practice Arab culture are comprised in three divisions:

• al-'Arab ul-'Aribah--South Arabian "Kushytes" of the oldest purest civilization and blood lines)
  • al-'Arab ul-Muta'aribah--Northerners who entered Arabia mixed in upon the southerners adopting language and culture.
  • al-'Arab ul-Musta'ribah--Foreigners outside of Arabia with no Arab ancestry who after Arab conquests were assimilated and adopted Arab culture.

Yeah, I searched all over the net for any legitimate source for these parameters for defining an Arab and I found nothing. So, I'm going to have to ask you to link to the source of this info, or otherwise I'm calling BS on this. "South Arabian Kushytes????????" There aren't even any Cushytic speaking people in Arabia aside from probably Somali refugees.

If were talking about the ORIGINAL people here, then of course were going to have give accounts of the past and not just one time period where the identity the original people held was changing due the expansion of the Islam and conquered peoples adopting the culture and identity.

Right, so you're talking the Pre-Caliphs era. The hadiths I posted are stories from the time of the prophet Muhammad in the Pre-Caliph era. And with that said how much sense does it make to post a bunch of 19th & early 20th century post-victorian era(aka the golden age of racial pseudo science) quotes from Western journalist and academics who are known to have some skewed bizarre views about "race"? If you're not going to quote from primary sources from, as you say from the pre-islamic expansion era, then at least quote from up-to-date, credible, scholarly, peer-reviewed secondary sources. Why do you think you wont be able to find any modern anthropologist in their right mind that would use the kind of terminology to and those kinds of outdated methods of categorizing people into groups as you do with these 19th & early 20th century journalist and scholars you quoted do.

The inhabitants of this part of Arabia nearly all belong to the race of Himyar. Their complexion is almost as black as the Abyssinians,”-- Baron von Maltzan, 'Geography of Southern Arabia' (1872)

Like this first one for instance , were the author is even not specifically referring to Arabs, but describing the inhabitants of South Arabia(the part of arabia were arabs are not indigenous.) I don't see how quotes like this are suppose to lend credence to your argument at all.

the predominant complexion of the Arabs is dark brownish black and that of the non-Arabs is white.” Ibn Mandour (14th Century) Lisaan al-Arab IV:209.

The south Arabs represent a residue of hamitic populations which at one time occupied the whole of Arabia. “ John D. Baldwin from Pre-historic nations or inquiries Concerning Some of the Great peoples and Civilizations of Antiquity. Harpers 1869

The Zanj say that God did not make them black in order to disfigure them; rather it is their environment that made them so. The best evidence of this is that there are black tribes among the Arabs, such as the Banu Sulaim bin Mansur, and that all the peoples settled in the Harra, besides the Banu Sulaim are black.” Abu Uthman Al-Jahiz of Iraq 9th century A.D.

David Goldenberg writes, “This view of the Arab as dark-skinned is also found among other peoples, as is indicated by the term arap (i.e., Arab) meaning 'black African' in modern Turkish, Greek, and Russian, as well as in Yiddish” (Goldenberg, 2005, p. 124). And, this is the case because their peoples still have folk history of the original Arab invaders of their lands. The descriptions and depictions of the earliest Arabs or kara-Arapy (“black Arabs”) are not infrequent in their histories and folktales.

There is, for example, the texts of the Kurdish writer Ibn Athir (12th – 13th century) which speak of the Sulaym/Sulaim folk hero "Sa’d al-Aswad" as being literally black because he came from the “purest” Arabs. A Persian Jewish Targum to Song 1: 5 uses the phrase “black as the Kushytes who live in the tents of Kedar.” to describe peoples of north Arabia. (Goldenberg, p. 244)

Ibn Khaldun (d. 1405) in his Muqqadima, has an important discussion of the seven zones and their inhabitants. According to Ibn Khaldun’s formulation, there are three ‘middle’ or moderate zones: 3, 4, and 5. The inhabitants are distinguished by temperate bodies, complexions, character qualities and general conditions. Included in these temperate zones are the Maghrib, Syria, the two Iraqs, Western India, China, and Spain. Iraq and Syria are in the very center, we are told, and are thus the most temperate. Zones 6 and 7 includes the European Christian nations, Eastern Europe, Russia and the lands of the Turks. These are the white lands and Zone 7 is excessively cold, producing excessively white peoples with blue eyes, freckled skin, and blond hair. (Muhamad, 2012, )

And ALL of these quotes are from long after the era of Islamic expanision of after the death of Muhammad, where other people who weren't traditionally apart of arab identity were absorbed, an era you say we should avoid quoting from. And only three of them were actually quotes from Arabs themselves, and one(Ibn Khaldun) didn't even specify anything about the arabs physical description; I can't find a source for the Ibn Mandour quote, and Al-Jahiz of Basra himself, had a black skinned enslaved African grandfather. Basra was were the Zanj Rebellion took place, and still to this day has a significant Afro-Iraqi population. But, with that said how can you pick out that quote by him and ignore these quotes by him?

• We know that the Zanj (blacks) are the least intelligent and the least discerning of mankind, and the least capable of understanding the consequences of actions
  • Like the crow among mankind are the Zanj for they are the worst of men and the most vicious of creatures in character and temperament.
http://www.colorq.org/Articles/article.aspx?d=2002&x=arabviews

^^^^He clearly was referring to Africans or Afro-Arabs when he spoke of "the Zanj".

Last edited:

Supper

All Star
Daps
Now, that I got that crap out of the way I can begin to address some valid points brought up here.

Aye... @Supper and @GetInTheTruck you guys posts. Yeah I agree evidence needs to be supported, instead of just saying, "the original Arabs were black". Me personally I could careless what the original Arabs were. Because I don't really care about Arab culture or history. But... I am not going to lie like I haven't seen sources that mentioned the early Arabs as being extremely dark or "black". Anyways thhis posts will be detailing WHY arguing the early people of the Arabian peninsula should not be in the same realm as "black Chinese", "black Vikings", "black Greeks" or "black Olmecs". Why should it be it? I mean not only is the Arabian Peninsula right next door to Africa. But it be argued that parts of the Arabian peninsula(and even the Levant) are an extension of Africa due sharing the same tectonic plates. Further more during the neolithic and even early, there were back and forth migrations. Noted by S.O.Y Keita...

And keep in mind there are just about as many even earlier sources that distinguish "black people" from the norm of arab society or even describe themselves as "white" in from primeval arab literature. Thus I think it's a mistake to assert with certainty that the original Arabs were black in the wake of all the opposing evidence while only taking inspiration from that which helps to confirm the already held assumptions. Also, there are many different conventions for differentiating the different continental plates. Some of which would separate the Somalia plate from the African plate.

While some were not tropically adapted or "black", most anthropologist agree that they predominantly came from AFRICA! Shouldn't be far-fetched as the Afro-Asiatic branch in the Arabian Peninsula ancestry is from Africa. I mean how did it did Afro-Asiatic get the Arabian Peninsula in the first place? Some people hint to the Natufarians.

There's actually a number of proposed places for the Afro-Asiatic Urheimat(origin). One popular theory is of a Levant origin. So, we can't just auto-matically presume that the original Afro-Asiatic tongue came from Africa into Asia, when it could've very well came from Asia into Africa. There's no general consensus on this.

Also like most of Africa, almost all of southern Arabia is in the tropical zone:
tropical-zone-map.png

Now IF the early Arabs were "black", would they be genetically related to Africans? That I am not sure of. They could have just been indigenous black Asians. But anyways...

Now, if you want to have a conversation about whether or not there are natives of the Arabian peninsula are black skinned and probably descended from black-skinned ancestors, there's a lot more merit in favor of that notion, in my opinion based on the available evidence. Thus, one of the imperative things to do in this discussion would be to make the distinction between "Arabs" & "Arabians", because the two are not interchangeable, as not all Arabs are Arabians and not all Arabians are Arabs. Especially when you're speaking about the natives of Southern Arabia ie the people who speak Modern Southern Arabian languages, which are apart of the Southern Semetic language group, of which Arabic is not apart of. Arabic is apart of the Central Semetic language family, who origins lie in the Northern and Central part of the Arabian peninsula, and later spread south to the Southern part of the peninsula. So, if you're going to talk about the origins of Arabs who are by most definitions denoted by their native tongue being Arabic, then it's best to talk about them in the context of their lingustic origins in Northern & Central Arabia, not Southern Arabia. In the Qu'ran there's even mention of native Southern Arabian groups like the Sabeans.

2000px-Semitic_languages.svg.png

As, you can see from this lingustic map, the origins of both classical Arabic & Ancient North Arabic(sometimes called Ancient North Arabian) are outside of the tropical zone and geographically above the tropic of cancer, thus in the temperate zone. So no, the genesis of the Arabs would've not happened under "adaptation to a tropical climate". It's also worthy to note that the geographical origins of the Ancient North Arabic(the progenitor to Classical Arabic) is actually further in physical distance from the both the Old & Modern Southern Arabian languages would be, which would include the Mehri or Mahra speaking people, which you've shown in a couple of photos, from the Ethiopian Semitic languages. And not only that but the Southern Arabian languages are more linguistically related to the Ethiopian Semitic languages than they are to Arabic. So, no I don't think it would be a stretch to say that the original Southern Arabian people were probably pretty closely related to people in the Horn of Africa. This doesn't say anything about the original Arabs, though, who's language has much more in common with other Central Semetic languages such as Hebrew and Aramaic. The Arabic writing system is even derived from that of the Aramaized Nabataean script, not the Old Southern Arabian script: But the Ethiopian Ge'ez script is!

So, I have no problem considering the fact that the original Southern Arabians, in particular were probably very dark skinned, similar to people in the Horn of Africa. But, I just don't see how you could say that about the original Arabs who's linguistic origins lie in the Syrian desert in Northern Arabia, and most likely were closely related to other people in the fertile cresent such as early Hebrew and Aramaic speaking people, I mean unless you're going to try and say they were all black, as well.

ethnic term, as many of the "Arab" slave traders, such as Tippu Tip and others,were physically indistinguishable from the "Africans" whom they bought and sold. Due to the nature of the Arab slave trade, it is impossible to estimate about actual numbers."

But, Tippu Tip himself was not an Arab ethnically, but a Swahili, who are bantu speaking people who have historic ties with Arabs, as well as Persians and Somalis. So, it's no surprise that Tippu Tip, a black skinned African swahili, wouldn't appear all that physically different from other black skinned African people. The point is though, he was not an Arab, though probably sold African slaves to Arabs.

But to get to the point. Here are early texts on the Arabs.

-Al Jahiz 9th century

Al Jahiz who was an Arab himself IIRC...

Assertion of 13th c. grammarian Ibn Manzur or Mandhur, 13th century in Lisaan al Arab, Vol. 4 (born in Tunis or northern Egypt).

Ibn Abd Rabbu of Cordoba born 9thc. in El Iqd el Farid (The Precious Necklace), quoting Shuraik el-Qadi a 7th century Arab of the clan of Nakha’l of the Maddhij in the Yemen.

- Al-Jahiz.of Iraq 9th century Book of the Glory of the Blacks

Again this is the early periods and there is much more.

Anyways you guys can take this post anyway, I'm just stating my 2cents. Dont really care who the original Arabs were, just stating that the argument is NOT illogical and there is evidence to back it up.

A more interesting argument imo is who the original people of the Arabian Peninsula were...

Like I said before. Al-Jahiz of Basra himself, had an black skinned enslaved African grandfather. Basra was were the Zanj Rebellion took place, and still to this day has a significant Afro-Iraqi population. But, with that said how can you pick out quotes like by him and ignore these quotes by him?

• We know that the Zanj (blacks) are the least intelligent and the least discerning of mankind, and the least capable of understanding the consequences of actions

• Like the crow among mankind are the Zanj for they are the worst of men and the most vicious of creatures in character and temperament.
http://www.colorq.org/Articles/article.aspx?d=2002&x=arabviews

^^^^He clearly was referring to Africans or Afro-Arabs when he spoke of "the Zanj".

And also what about the earliest tales collected in what are considered the most authentic saheeh hadith collections before the expansion of islam under the first four Rashidun Caliphs giving a physical description of the prophet muhammad himself as a white skinned man? Are we just suppose to pretend these don't exist?

I said to Abu Tufail: Did you see Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)? He said: Yes, he had a white handsome face. Muslim b. Hajjaj said: Abu Tufail who died in 100 Hijra was the last of the Companions of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ). - Sahih Muslim

Another Hadith from Ibn Majjah

Sometimes I remember the words of the poet when I was looking at the face of the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) on the pulpit. He did not come down until all the waterspouts in Al-Madinah were filled with rain. And I remember what the poet said: ‘He has a white complexion and rain is sought by virtue of his countenance, He cares for the orphans, and protects the widows, These are the words of Abu Talib. - Ibn Majjah

Thanks anyway, for raising some great points despite the disagreement.

Last edited: