1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
lmao...............some people didnt do due diligence

and got fubared

crypto is not a magic bullet......they wouldnt do this shyt with any other investment vehicle

that bitcoin rise last year really birthed some fools..............

there is money to be made but shyt is far from simple or automatic

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Anybody else who got in the refereum presale:

I got the email confirming I got whitelisted. I set this up last week or so, can't remember if they asked for a password or not though, did they?

Plus minimum $20k buy in for presale. I saw people mentioning it earlier on telegram , but no admin seems to be answering. Is that a mandatory number? During registration for the whitelist I thought they stated that if you'd buy less than 10 ETH it'd be sufficient.

Edit: nvm, there's a difference between being on the whitelist and registering an account for refereum. Still not 100% about the $20k minimum.
The $20k minimum is for the presale. The public crowdsale on Feb 8th I think you can invest as little as possible.

I was confused about it at first as well.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps

Taking out 30k loans on this shyt
giphy.gif

Oh my god. Folks educate yourself, ABOUT ANYTHING, you're taking a risk in doing or spenidng money on. No excuse. We all have google on our phones and computers. There is no excuse for being conned like this or playing yourself like this outside of intellectual laziness.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
What do you all think of this brewing tether controversy? I’m strongly considering cashing out my entire portfolio within the next few days.

GSR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
daygo
What do you all think of this brewing tether controversy? I’m strongly considering cashing out my entire portfolio within the next few days.
I tried reading up on this but don’t understand what it’s talking about. can you give a quick description?

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
I tried reading up on this but don’t understand what it’s talking about. can you give a quick description?
Short story is that tether is a crypto that attempts to have equivalent usd value (ie 1 tether = 1 usd, the coin is literally “tethered” in value to the dollar) and they accomplish this by allegedly having each tether backed by a US dollar in its reserves. The issue is that now it seems as if tether is just printing its coin out of thin air and not backing it up with usd. Over the past few days, tether issued about $400mm in new coins and issuance typically occurs right before a recovery. Who is depositing the reserve money? This is a real problem because people often use tether to purchase coins on crypto to crypto exchanges so if there aren’t an equivalent amount of dollars stored, the value of bitcoin and other cryptos have been artificially propped with tether.

Everyone in this thread with >$1k crypto holdings should do some research on this. Mainstream press is even starting to report on it. If tether is running a fractional reserve bank like platform, it could be fatal to crypto once people realize their tether isn’t backed and they cause a bank run.

GSR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
daygo
Short story is that tether is a crypto that attempts to have equivalent usd value (ie 1 tether = 1 usd, the coin is literally......
I don’t see why something like this would bring the whole market down. it would cause negative effects but mostly just for anybody holding the tether coins.

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Short story is that tether is a crypto that attempts to have equivalent usd value (ie 1 tether = 1 usd, the coin is literally “tethered” in value to the dollar) and they accomplish this by allegedly having each tether backed by a US dollar in its reserves. The issue is that now it seems as if tether is just printing its coin out of thin air and not backing it up with usd. Over the past few days, tether issued about $400mm in new coins and issuance typically occurs right before a recovery. Who is depositing the reserve money? This is a real problem because people often use tether to purchase coins on crypto to crypto exchanges so if there aren’t an equivalent amount of dollars stored, the value of bitcoin and other cryptos have been artificially propped with tether.

Everyone in this thread with >$1k crypto holdings should do some research on this. Mainstream press is even starting to report on it. If tether is running a fractional reserve bank like platform, it could be fatal to crypto once people realize their tether isn’t backed and they cause a bank run.
Heard of tether but I hadn't did any research until just now and now i'm like :lupe:
Man o man.