1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Damn breh. Really ain't Trust Wallet tho. Can happen to any wallet interacting with bad acting contracts.

In the future everyone should definitely be using the Approval feature on debank.com. You can see what contracts have approval to what tokens and cancel them out. I do this with anything new I jump in immediately.
I can't pinpoint the contract that is responsible for this.

:francis:

It's wild how people can literally see the money trail and their funds sitting in a wallet and nothing can be done about it. I made a post on Reddit about it and already been hit up be a few people who also had their wallets drained to the same address.

I'd feel better if I knew exactly how it happened. Seriously about to cop a new cheap laptop and a cold wallet before I start fukking with DeFi again

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
My portfolio has been beat down so much I’ve tried to completely disengage from crypto news. December hasn’t gone the way I thought it would at all..:francis:

That said, I’m still trying to stack as much QNT as possible, especially now that it’s dirt cheap.

Confirmed interoperability solution for Oracle

Confirmed to be working with MIT on their CBDC project

Each day QNT is under $1k is a gift.

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Didn't this basically happen last year. Market was looking weak and then around the spring the shyt shot up and just kept going? With inflation being what it is right now, unless interest rates go down and employers start really running those pockets and paying folk what they're owed, people are less likely to spend and less likely to invest in something they think might eat their money.

With more companies offering signing bonuses and better conditions for work, the recovery can start happening in earnest after the holiday season as people look for money to recoup their christmas spending. Then by the spring or summer, we might see the market going back up since people will have more income to spend.
EXACTLY

Daps
Binance will close its Singapore trading platform after withdrawing its application to run an exchange in the country
The withdrawal also likely ends speculation that Singapore would become Binance's global headquarters.
December 12, 2021 11:43 PM EST
Binance Asia Services Ltd., the Singapore affiliate of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, has withdrawn its application to run a bourse in the city-state, ending an effort that started last year to win approval from Singapore’s authorities.

The fiat-to-crypto trading platform Binance.sg will wind down operations and close by Feb. 13, Binance Asia said in an emailed statement. The company was among some 170 firms that applied to the Monetary Authority of Singapore for a permit to provide cryptocurrency services.

The withdrawal from the Singapore process is likely to end speculation that the Southeast Asian city-state would become the global headquarters for Binance, the company co-founded and headed by the entrepreneur Changpeng Zhao.

“We always put our users first, so our decision to close Binance.sg was not taken lightly,” said Richard Teng, chief executive officer of Binance’s Singapore entity. “I am grateful to the Monetary Authority of Singapore for its ongoing assistance to Binance Asia Services and we look forward to future opportunities to work together.”

Binance Asia has taken into account “strategic, commercial and developmental considerations globally” in its decision to withdraw its Singapore application, the company said.

Headquarters Search
Founded in China in 2017, Binance Holdings Ltd. hasn’t set up a global base yet. Instead, Zhao has incorporated firms in locations where Binance operates.

Zhao, who holds Canadian citizenship and has been based in Singapore for the past two years, has given mixed signals on where he might base his firm, saying places in Europe and the Middle East offered pro-crypto alternatives along with Singapore.

The 44-year-old said last month he’d bought his first-ever home in Dubai to show a commitment to the jurisdiction he described as “very pro-crypto,” along with France. Binance has also revived plans to register in the U.K., Zhao told The Telegraph.

Cryptocurrencies extended declines after Binance’s move. Bitcoin, the world’s largest digital coin, fell as much as 3% to about $48,484. Ether, the second biggest, dropped as much 4.1%.

What’s Next?
Binance Asia will refocus its operations toward blockchain technology, according to the statement.

“Not all crypto activities are regulated, and increasingly big crypto players might want to consider having distinct regulated and unregulated entities, to optimize their revenue and partnership models across different jurisdictions,” said Chia Hock Lai, co-chairman of the Blockchain Association Singapore.

Zhao is the majority shareholder of Binance Asia, according a filing to the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority. Temasek Holdings Pte.’s Vertex Venture Holdings Ltd. is an investor in Binance Asia, the filing shows.

Binance’s withdrawal of its Singapore application also raised questions about the future of Teng, a high-flying former regulator who joined the Singapore entity in August. The Singaporean previously held roles including chief regulatory officer of Singapore Exchange Ltd., and spent 13 years at the Monetary Authority of Singapore.

All local employees will join the firm’s global operations and continue to contribute to the company, said Hazel Watts, a Binance spokeswoman in Singapore.

One option for Binance’s future headquarters is the Middle East. The United Arab Emirates’ central bank recently unveiled a digital-asset framework, while regulators in Abu Dhabi and Dubai are poised to begin crypto-licensing in the coming months.

But any pivot to the region would have to be shepherded by new leadership. Omar Rahim, Binance’s director for the Middle East and North Africa, wrote in a LinkedIn post that he recently left the company to start a new crypto venture. His replacement has yet to be publicly named.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And just like that...:mjcry:

still holding out last-ditched hope for January for RSR (mainnet-very likely) and SHIB (robinhood crypto wallet launch-long shot) in particular but I don’t like this…reminds me of a ball falling down a staircase…we’re getting bounces here and there but they get smaller every time as the ball ultimately heads downward

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This didn't go the way CT predicted it.

everything is getting beaten down…stock market too…folks are underestimating the impact omicron had/is having even tho it’s supposedly not as bad as they initially thought

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
everything is getting beaten down…stock market too…folks are underestimating the impact omicron had/is having even tho it’s supposedly not as bad as they initially thought
How we even know that shyt is different than regular, delta,lambda, or any of the other variants? Ain't none of us in here working for the cdc or in charge of the government or mass media. Nobody knows what the truth is. We just know as much as they tell us. They better hope they not lying to the people, covid or non covid related, cuz that'll make things much worse than dips in financial markets.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How we even know that shyt is different than regular, delta,lambda, or any of the other variants? Ain't none of us in here working for the cdc or in charge of the government or mass media. Nobody knows what the truth is. We just know as much as they tell us. They better hope they not lying to the people, covid or non covid related, cuz that'll make things much worse than dips in financial markets.

ya I wouldn’t be surprised if that sentiment is why markets are still lukewarm…these folks flip flop on this information every time