1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Pacni99a12

All Star
Daps
Heres what the the crypto market was looking like this time 2017.For a coin that people have always argued is too high, Bitcoin has outperformed almost every other coin besides Ethereum, Cardano, and maybe 1 other. The chances of someone picking that coin is slim to none which is why it's always best to just stick with Bitcoin. Or even Eth. I'm not in it but I cant hate or argue price history. For quick flips yeah alts can make sense if you want to deal with the stress and try to time and keep up with the market daily, but long term it doesn't make any sense. Neo was big shyt back in the day. So was EOS

Historical Snapshot - 22 October 2017 | CoinMarketCap

Last edited:

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Heres what the the crypto market was looking like this time 2017.For a coin that people have always argued is too high, Bitcoin has outperformed almost every other coin besides Ethereum, Cardano, and maybe 1 other. The chances of someone picking that coin is slim to none which is why it's always best to just stick with Bitcoin. Or even Eth. I'm not in it but I cant hate or argue price history. For quick flips yeah alts can make sense if you want to deal with the stress and try to time and keep up with the market daily, but long term it doesn't make any sense. Neo was big shyt back in the day. So was EOS

EOS 4 years ago was ranked #26 at 0.52, now ranked #41 at $4.82. So that one is still in the game.

There are plenty of others that have tanked since then.

It's interesting to check the ones that were hot back just 4 years ago and see where they are now.

I think some top ALTs will be around for awhile, the SOL, DOT types etc.

Right now I have 17 that I have money in, only 1 out of the top 50. I think the ones in the top 50 with solid projects behind them are pretty safe/good investments. Right now ETH is my top one, trying to get more into Bitcoin for long term.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

The market cap on that day closed at 157B. :russ:

Was coinbase even around back then? I don't think RH was.

That NEO coin looks to have a decent run up earlier in the year where hopefully people took some profit. Getting in at like $6 when the market dropped from covid and riding it to 100-120 bucks earlier this year wouldn't have been a bad play. Its #51 now so has fallen off but not all the way to the bottom. I never invested so I don't know much about it.

"Initially known as Antshares, this project was believed to be China’s first-ever public blockchain when it was launched in February 2014. The open-source platform subsequently rebranded to Neo three years later."

I see what the issue was already. :mjlol:

Wouldn't be surprised if it hits $100 again in the next 6 months.

Interesting that from that list there were 12 coins with higher than a billion market cap and today 11 of them are still over a billion. Some gained of course, others look to have lost but still above it. The only coin was some bitconnect shyt that I was just reading about their ponzi scheme on its profile page. :picard:

Today that number of coins is 110. Lets see how many are still above it when October 2025 comes around.

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was coinbase even around back then? I don't think RH was..

Says founded in 2012.

Early snapshots

"Widespread Adoption
About $2 million a day (USD) is already being transacted in bitcoin. It's quickly becoming an international currency."

Bitcoin Wallet - Coinbase

"Coinbase, a startup aiming to make Bitcoin more accessible to the masses July 18th, 2012"

"The company is trying to make the digital currency Bitcoin mainstream, by offering a digital wallet...a very tough problem to crack, but a big opportunity August 22nd, 2012"

"Betting on Bitcoin: Coinbase Wants to Be the PayPal of the Internet Only Currency June 29th, 2012"

About Coinbase

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
85k for Saitama. 100k by Halloween definite. Average of 20k a month and gonna get higher than that next month.

As wild as it sounds I'm thinking 250K is possible by year's end

Also, I'm guessing right after BitMart it's going to be listed on Gate.Io... leaving one more exchange out there...I never used Gate.io before

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
As wild as it sounds I'm thinking 250K is possible by year's end

Also, I'm guessing right after BitMart it's going to be listed on Gate.Io... leaving one more exchange out there...I never used Gate.io before

yeah i saw that earlier. never used it either but if it gets more people I'm all for it.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ya coinbase was around in 2017…only listed BTC, ETH and LTC tho…I’m tempted to say RH was around too but they offered no crypto…I remember having an account with them tho that I didn’t use…and ANS/NEO was the co-MVP along with XRP of 2017…shyt ran from $0.31 to at least $160…that was the coin that made me realize nikkas in my group was probably getting rich and I was on the sidelines “bullshytting” and not taking the opportunity as seriously as I could when it ran from $0.31 to $8 within weeks

BTC and alts work in tandem…and once you establish the pattern you can use both to your advantage…it shouldn’t be an “either…or” thing unless you can’t/don’t know how…I already explained in here how I made that mistake shunning alts in 2019…shyt I already missed out on some decent money being too hesitant about alts at the start of this year

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
here’s some quick/rough maths to prove my point to an extent using BTC and NEO since they are both mentioned/used as examples…

$4000 invested in BTC at the top of 2017 ($1000) would be worth over $250k now

$4000 invested in NEO at the top of 2017 ($0.20) would be worth close to $1M now

but if you bought that same $4000 worth of NEO at the top of 2017 and flipped it into BTC at the end of that year then kept it, that BTC would now be worth over $10M…and that’s a move that many ppl smarter/more experienced than me made…they make money during alt season (usually the year after the halvening)…try to cash out as close to the top (at the end of the same year) and flip profits into BTC…rinse and repeat

none of these scenarios is “wrong”…it’s all good money at the end of the day…some just require more risks and calculations than others but the reward(s) for doing so is obviously more substantial

*edit*

to be fair tho and to paint a more full picture…I will say the one “safe” thing about BTC is you can buy it at any point and still feel confident you’ll come out ahead with patience…case in point if you fukk up and buy BTC at the top of a run, you’ll “lose” money when it dips but there is a very solid chance you’ll make that money back and then some in the long run…you can experience that with some alts but with many you can be screwed if you buy at the top as more often than not they will not recover over the course of several years

case in point someone who bought BTC at the end of 2017 ($20k) would still be up more than 3x…and someone who bought NEO around that same time ($180) would be down pretty bad…it depends on the alts tho as there are some that would be up big now like LINK that was at $1 at the end of 2017…so you’d still be up almost 30x

Last edited:

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What’s good coli fam. I found what I think is a really good gem that we can all eat off of. It’s called candela coin. It looks to decentralize solar energy so that people can transfer energy to people peer to peer without relying on a main grid. The developer team is super doxxed and extremely goal oriented. Right now it’s extremely low market cap with a lot of upside potential. Do your own research of course but this is one of the few gems on BSC. I think this shyt can hit a dollar in a few months
Shyts taking off done like a 10x since you bought this to our attention. Didn't get in thinking it would be a few months before it moves, not trying to sell my shytcoins at a loss to get in on all time high though enjoy breh :mjcry:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Shyts taking off done like a 10x since you bought this to our attention. Didn't get in thinking it would be a few months before it moves, not trying to sell my shytcoins at a loss to get in on all time high though enjoy breh :mjcry:

don’t feel bad…it has a volume of only $653 on a no name exchange…the chart “looks nice” but the numbers scream pump and dump…you would’ve had a pretty looking portfolio with absolutely no means of cashing out if this is the coin you’re referring to (the description is the same)

Candela Coin price today, CLA to USD live, marketcap and chart | CoinMarketCap

*edit*

ya it’s the same project…they offer both BEP20 and ERC20 tokens

https://mobile.twitter.com/candelacoin

I’ll walk back saying it’s an outright pump and dump but just be careful with it

Last edited: