1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
:ohhh::whoa:1K each? Are you just saying you got metaphorically like you diamond hands or something else?
diamond hands of course hopefully. but who knows. if it shoots up to 100 and I need the money, I'll gladly cash out. the higher the price the better tho. don't know much of anything about the coin to know what the price outlook may be.

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody have Ledger/Ledger Live, confused on what's showing under Latest Operations.

Just did a few low $$ tests from Coinbase to Ledger.

One example tonight sent about $10, $10.17 Bitcoin, coinbase fee of 0.18 cents on over to Ledger

says +9.99 so that adds up.

this is under
Latest Operations
Received, click on it:

Amount - $9.99
Fee - $7.685 - 0.00014621 BTC - what is this?

So sent 4 total Bitcoin transactions and they match up perfectly, the bitcoin amount, the dollar amount is correct. The stuff under Latest Operations don't quite add up, make sense.

Had another one weeks ago, $5 says Amount + $0.07 with fee $0.091

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
diamond hands of course hopefully. but who knows. if it shoots up to 100 and I need the money, I'll gladly cash out. the higher the price the better tho. don't know much of anything about the coin to know what the price outlook may be.
oh ok I got you. thought you had some intel for it going ballistic

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Anybody have Ledger/Ledger Live, confused on what's showing under Latest Operations.

Just did a few low $$ tests from Coinbase to Ledger.

One example tonight sent about $10, $10.17 Bitcoin, coinbase fee of 0.18 cents on over to Ledger

says +9.99 so that adds up.

this is under
Latest Operations
Received, click on it:

Amount - $9.99
Fee - $7.685 - 0.00014621 BTC - what is this?

So sent 4 total Bitcoin transactions and they match up perfectly, the bitcoin amount, the dollar amount is correct. The stuff under Latest Operations don't quite add up, make sense.

Had another one weeks ago, $5 says Amount + $0.07 with fee $0.091

Damn that fee looks high as hell. I haven't sent BTC to ledger, don't have much on CB and wanna keep stacking, but I see whenever I moved ETH or Link or any other erc20 coin it would hit me with a fee. Actually looking back I did put some btc there about a year and a half ago before taking it out and got hit with a fee. Only time I haven't had a fee is when transferring atom. I'm guessing the fee is there, especially for eth, since it has to be processed thru the network. Those low amounts may make the fee seem higher than it is. $7 out of $10 looks worse than $7 out of $100. Could also vary from day to day and time to time depending on how busy the network is. If lots of people moving coins, they prolly raise the price and likewise lower if not much activity. Those fees can kill you tho. I remember first getting more into this crypto thing during start of pandemic mid 2020 and I'm sure I paid a gang of fees on CB with constant buying and selling.

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn that fee looks high as hell. I haven't sent BTC to ledger, don't have much on CB and wanna keep stacking, but I see whenever I moved ETH or Link or any other erc20 coin it would hit me with a fee. Actually looking back I did put some btc there about a year and a half ago before taking it out and got hit with a fee. Only time I haven't had a fee is when transferring atom. I'm guessing the fee is there, especially for eth, since it has to be processed thru the network. Those low amounts may make the fee seem higher than it is. $7 out of $10 looks worse than $7 out of $100. Could also vary from day to day and time to time depending on how busy the network is. If lots of people moving coins, they prolly raise the price and likewise lower if not much activity. Those fees can kill you tho. I remember first getting more into this crypto thing during start of pandemic mid 2020 and I'm sure I paid a gang of fees on CB with constant buying and selling.

I just don't see those fees in my overall balance on Ledger Live

Let's say I just did 1 transaction from Coinbase to Ledger.

If I sent $10.17 and Coinbase charges 0.18 fee, that's nothing and at Ledger is shows $9.99. It'll show that amount in my overall balance. So all that matches perfectly. I don't know what those other fees are that's listed under Latest Operations and they don't reflect anywhere that I can see.

I need to learn more on the tech side of this stuff. I didn't even know about generating new wallet addresses. I got the original Bitcoin address from Ledger and used it. Used same address for another transaction and it went thru fine. Just went to Coinbase, picked the amount and hit send. The one tonight I hooked up my Ledger to my computer, synced with Ledger Live and got new address and that went thru fine. From what I read, old addresses will still work, generating new addresses is more for privacy. But if I want to offer Bitcoin as a way to pay on my site, I need a permanent address.

What Ledger says:
"Previous addresses do remain valid, but they don't offer an optimal level of privacy."

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I just don't see those fees in my overall balance on Ledger Live

Let's say I just did 1 transaction from Coinbase to Ledger.

If I sent $10.17 and Coinbase charges 0.18 fee, that's nothing and at Ledger is shows $9.99. It'll show that amount in my overall balance. So all that matches perfectly. I don't know what those other fees are that's listed under Latest Operations and they don't reflect anywhere that I can see.

I need to learn more on the tech side of this stuff. I didn't even know about generating new wallet addresses. I got the original Bitcoin address from Ledger and used it. Used same address for another transaction and it went thru fine. Just went to Coinbase, picked the amount and hit send. The one tonight I hooked up my Ledger to my computer, synced with Ledger Live and got new address and that went thru fine. From what I read, old addresses will still work, generating new addresses is more for privacy. But if I want to offer Bitcoin as a way to pay on my site, I need a permanent address.

What Ledger says:
"Previous addresses do remain valid, but they don't offer an optimal level of privacy."

yeah thats odd that it charged you a fee but doesn't reflect on your balance. I tried searching on their subreddit but didn't come across anything or at least wasn't specific enough. see if you can find anything. https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/

definitely can get confusing with all this tech. especially if you integrating btc into your pos. good luck with that.

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried searching on their subreddit but didn't come across anything or at least wasn't specific enough. see if you can find anything. https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/.

Thanks for the suggestion, asked the question over there and this seemed like a good response:

"The fee listed under operations is what Coinbase paid to have a entire batched transaction to many customers at once confirmed on the blockchain. It's not what you yourself were charged. You have to refer to your account records on Coinbase to see what fee Coinbase charged you for your withdrawal."

So not sure why Ledger would even list that, it's confusing and not a fee that you would pay yourself.

"Yes, and it's very strange that Ledger displays the fee for the entire batch since it is a meaninglessness number in terms of what you actually paid for the transaction, and as a result all it can do is confuse a user rather than provide any useful information. I'm not sure why they do this."

Last edited: