1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
If I plan on holding, I might as well stake. I stake for the main project I'm in because it will make me more cautious about selling or trying.

At current value of the coin I stake, I've earned about $35,500 since January. If it was at where it was just a few weeks ago or a month ago, that'd be closer to $70,000-80,000. Now, I'm sure that's not going to be typical for most coins as I have quite a bit for this project/coin, but it's allowed me to have some extra income and try to weather any bear market.

How much money did you start investing with?

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
How much money did you start investing with?

I found this from when I posted a few months ago. I put bits and pieces in at first, and then became a little more aggressive. Had to have some luck along the way, just like anyone who has had any success with crypto. Had some horrible patches (most of the time I've held has been during a bear market), but I just decided to hold for the most part.

This will be a quick summary of my journey into crypto:

-Started back in May 2017 on another forum that I used to post on a lot about sports. They have a finance/education section and there was a thread about BTC. I decided to check it out as I'd heard of BTC, but wasn't sure what it was. People seemed to be making money on that and ETH.

-I decided to open a Coinbase account and put a few hundred in at the end of May 2017. Then I put a few hundred more in a couple of times in the following weeks. I had seen about a 40% (just guessing) increase in my portfolio.

-I signed up for some other exchanges as well, some that took a while to verify. The next coin people were hyping was NEO (was Antshares at the time), and I bought into it as it was supposed to be the "Chinese ETH". I didn't have a ton in it, and it had gone up.

-July 2017 came around and I had decided to take most of my savings from my stock portfolio (Around $40,000) and transfer it to an exchange. I think I bought more NEO, some BTC, and some ETH.

-That same month, a poster on the site I was on posted about OMG (OmiseGo) being the next big coin and that Vitalek Buterin was involved. I decided to put some in around $.60.

-It went up to around $1.00 and then I put my entire stack into it. By the time September came around, I had about 30,000 OMG coins. I decided to keep holding thinking it would rocket. It hit around $14-15 and then had a pullback.

-October 2017 came around and I actually took a loan for $50,000. I knew I could afford to take it because worst case scenario, I'd sell my OMG to pay it back. There was a poster on that same site that said Palm Beach Confidential was going to recommend a coin tomorrow. At that time, I put in about three or four BTC into ZEN which was one of the possibilities. It was around $10. That same fukking night, I was leaving work, and I got cold feet about it. I went back inside, signed onto the computer, and sold my stake in ZEN. As I'm driving home, I looked at my phone and it had literally just gotten recommended minutes later and was up to $27.:snoop:.

-I ended up buying back in under $20, and continued to hold.

-January 2018 came around and everything was flying.

-I kept holding and got my dik kicked in.

-May 2018 came around and ZEN got listed on Binance. It pumped up to $50+. I sold 40%, bought back lower, and then bought NEO and WTC (got killed on WTC).

-The next two and a half years sucked as for the majority of the time, ZEN was $4-10. I held all the way and was feeling the stress and frustration. I still had the loan to pay back too (fortunately, I was making good money at my job).

-A few times it would pump by one dollar or something which was great as I had/have quite a bit.

-I kept holding and holding as the project has been making great strides, and is supported by Grayscale.

-Then, at the end of 2020, shyt started pumping. Go into February 2021, and ZEN hit an ATH, and I finally hit the seven figure milestone (on paper). I've continued to hold for the most part. I sold probably 1,500 ZEN over the past few years to pay for things and pay back my loan, so I try not to look at that and see "what it would be" if I didn't sell, as I wouldn't be doing this still if I didn't sell.

That's the most simplistic way of detailing "my story". I guess I took a chance, got lucky in some instances, held and didn't try to trade, and have no run into a bull market.:manny:.

I could have easily gotten crushed with a few poor moves here and there, but that's why I don't really trade. One decision can be make or break, and I felt like the fewer decisions I made in terms of buying/selling, the better off I'd be. The price of ZEN from fall of 2018 through fall of 2020 was between $5-10 for most of the time, and closer to $5. I was definitely concerned for much of that time, but I just kept holding.

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
E4ZvVwGUcAMCF-G

:mjlol::deadrose: