1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think this one feels a bit worse to me this time because it feels more "unnatural".

It always feels unnatural

I cant speak for anything before 2018, but when it crashed that year I remember exchanges were getting hacked left and right and then every week there was some news of an asian country "banning" crypto or something, and then the SEC got invovled. Then 2020, you know what covid did...

Point is, there is always some external shyt effecting the market. Sometimes its legit, most of the time its foolishness. But it always bounced back.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I cant speak for anything before 2018, but when it crashed that year I remember exchanges were getting hacked left and right and then every week there was some news of an asian country "banning" crypto or something, and then the SEC got invovled. Then 2020, you know what covid did...

Point is, there is always some external shyt effecting the market. Sometimes its legit, most of the time its foolishness. But it always bounced back.

yep...china india and korea ban crypto quite a few times a year at this point :mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Yeah I guess I mean more along the lines of it was less of a domino effect this time and more of a I'm blatantly gonna knock all this down and the chips lay where they may afterwards.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
sometimes I question the intelligence of some yall, breh lmfaoooooo

This a bull signal, whales are transferring massive amounts of money to exchanges, ready to buy and or have already bought and transferring the coins to a wallet...

And that’s just the ones that’s done in public,, google dark pool trading :sas2:

Private big money billionaires and institutions buyers will use dark pool trading to get in basically in secret, without little affect to the market while others are being fearful, they’re doing private buys in dark pools being greedy :sas2:

How yall letting this cac hoe talk to you like this :mjlol:

This thread has turned to people tryna one up each other

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
since matic ran up and it was a layer 2 scalable solution

what do you think is going to happen to harmony one?

matic is going to run up on the back of ETH association until down-the-line when people realise that running on ETH is not a good idea.

maybe 2.0 will solve some of that but there is overlap between MATIC and ETH because they are independent projects. also is interoperability and standard of interoperability assured going forward. will it need major re-writes to take advantage of ETH 2.0 features.

they should have designed matic so that it could run against any suitable primary chain.

so matic == good money (which you already know) but with a limited shelf life and project scope.

they will be able to get projects (have an advantage) in india - which as a giant market is a major plus.

also they avoid the topic of security on their chains. ETH the primary chain is assumed to be secure but they have sentries which look for invalid transactions in their chain and one has to ask why those are required.

BTC effectively guarantees correctness over time through the maths when the majority of the network is honest. Does matic? They don't address this.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.

Raoul Pal commentary on the Crypto fallout from today. Skip to 17:30. Lasts for about 10 minutes

TDLR:
- Most of the falloff today was Asian traders overleveraged out the ass getting liquidated as price went lower.
- 50% correction is harsh but this is crypto. Bullrun still on.
- Buy the Dip
- Don't play with leverage.
- See you at BTC 100K+ and ETH 10K+

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Damn I missed the boat

:snoop:
It was only that low for like 10-15 minutes and alot of ppl said they couldn't even buy. I had my coinbase open and was watching it but thought it would go lower so didn't try to pull the trigger then like 10 min later coinbase wasn't working for me for like a hour. So yeah it's possible you wouldn't have been able it anyways.