1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Arbitrage is essentially when you have a coin or stock and it is selling for $50 on one exchange, but it is selling for $58 on another exchange. People will buy for $50 on the exchange where it's price like that, and then move to the exchange where it's selling for $58, and sell it for $58. Assuming it was bought and sold for those exact amounts, you'll net $8/coin/stock you bought and sold.

It's easier said than done with some coins, as prices can even out pretty quickly across exchanges.

Yep and not only that. The cost to move out the coin from one exchange to another.

Thanks for the response.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
I copped 1mil Shiba as my first coin, i see it's calming down but i still might put more in. :ld:

What's another good coin to invest in? i got coinbase, crypto.com and kucoin

IDEA bro

I was telling folks to get in last week or so, I got some at .38 and started staking it for 25.71% APY, it ran to a 1.10 some days later and dipped, .60 cent range right now

The MC is still only 8 million, that’s low.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
So explain this to me like I am 5 years old. You saying folks buy the coin cheap on hotbit and sell of for a higher price on another exchange?

that's how it's done in the real trading world. many traditional markets have market makers whose role it is to provide liquidity (i.e. constant bid/ask quotes).

trade theory says says that arbitrage will make prices converge.

in crypto there can be significant inertia as some exchanges / methods do not allow fast execution, are illiquid markets and/or involve high charges meaning that it's not as clear cut.

bottom line exchanges match orders. have a look at the depth tab on binance for an example.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Yep and not only that. The cost to move out the coin from one exchange to another.

Thanks for the response.

Times you see the biggest opportunities with it are often when a coin is listed on an exchange. When one site pauses withdrawals and deposits, the prices vary significantly on different exchanges that did not stop deposits and withdrawals of the coin.

And, yes, there are transaction fees as well.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
IDEA bro

I was telling folks to get in last week or so, I got some at .38 and started staking it for 25.71% APY, it ran to a 1.10 some days later and dipped, .60 cent range right now

The MC is still only 8 million, that’s low.

Where you staking idea at breh?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
All the shib money is going into ASS on BitMart :mjlol::dame:

A$$ whitepaper and roadmap

m4zAU5e.png

:wow:

Ass Coin - Australian Safe Shepherd