1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
i was in this thread years ago too. i had XVG back then and liquidated my shyt before it all dumped.

fair enough. maybe the advice isnt for me. im not going down with any ship..im not a gamestop idiot that bought at 300 and is diamond handing down to 20 bucks (or whatever the hell is going on with that garbage now)

its just clear there is money to be made outside of the main coins. dont be like the guys that say to invest in the S&P 500 index, never look at your account and just reinvest dividends. we get it.
Breh where in my post did I say there wasn't any money to be made outside of the main coins. You are warping this discussion into something I didn't intend it to be.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Not yet. I have to wait until Banxa verifies my info, which apparently can take 24 hours since it's my first time purchasing this way.
Cool..I just tried to throw bread on Shiba but on Kucoin,but it's not available on the drop down menu
May have to cop something else then swap

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Psychology speaking Link and Eth will not look favorable to someone with only a few hundred to put in
:yeshrug:
Yeah but for someone who's a noob he needs to have fundamental holds, psychologically it'll do better for his mental health to realize small gains first cause realistically he's not gonna get rich quick

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Everyone's situation is different, and everyone's risk tolerance level.

For those that have been in the space for a while, many will likely not be throwing money at every new "project" that comes out as they'd already likely done pretty well. However, someone just starting with a lower amount of capital is likely to swing for the fences. They will either do very well or lose most of it.

I strongly disagree with whoever said those that "HODL" will do worse and end up with bags compared to those that trade in and out. I can't disagree me, and I strongly believe it's the complete opposite in most cases. Holding, IF it's an established coin is likely going to end up much better for someone than trading in and out of different coins.:manny:.

To each their own though.:yeshrug:.

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt is crazy how Crypto makes people greedy. I helped a couple people make a few thousands and brehs are like, nah that ain't enough and they get addicted to that hodl life to "maximize profit". I haven't done as well as @A.V. but I highly suggest y'all follow dudes blueprint. This hodl life will more than likely result in you being left with holding a bag. Nothing wrong with taking profit, you end up with more money than you started. Brehs talking about investing in Shiba for years and I'm like :francis:. Bear market will likely come at some point and shiba likely won't even make it to the next bull run. But again proceed at your own risk. :hubie:
I can't lie I'm somewhat guilty of this, trading/ investing really is psychologic warfare. Pressing one damn button can mean the difference between acquiring generational wealth and being flat out broke.

In my view there's no right or wrong way to manage expectations in the wild west where buying a meme coin and holding can lead to house money. Other than understanding any play can lead to your money going to zero and never being resurrected. Apart from doing thorough research, taking out your initial investment and learning how to differentiate long term holds from a lil bit of fun i got no other advice to newcomers :manny:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
BTC was at 70% of market cap on January 1, its at 45% now. Eth market cap dominance has been rising lately. I say by end of year, ETH has a higher market cap percentage than BTC.

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/1-btc-8-2k-it’s-up-735-this-yr-update-2-16-btc-52k-damn.588476/page-637#post-41874932
he said ETC. not ETH.

Maybe it happens. I doubt it. In a bullrun Eth will have a period where it outperforms BTC but I dont see it overtaking BTC. Adoption is just not at that level yet.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Everyone's situation is different, and everyone's risk tolerance level.

For those that have been in the space for a while, many will likely not be throwing money at every new "project" that comes out as they'd already likely done pretty well. However, someone just starting with a lower amount of capital is likely to swing for the fences. They will either do very well or lose most of it.

I strongly disagree with whoever said those that "HODL" will do worse and end up with bags compared to those that trade in and out. I can't disagree me, and I strongly believe it's the complete opposite in most cases. Holding, IF it's an established coin is likely going to end up much better for someone than trading in and out of different coins.:manny:.

To each their own though.:yeshrug:.

yeah im not gonna dump a few grand into cumrocket or whatever bullshyt is out there and hodl

but something like feg..its price would denote that its shyt but with any actual DD youd see they 1. have their own exchange 2. can stake 3. get frictionless rewards 4. wrap other coins for rewards 5. have an active dev team and community 6. deflationary

its not some bullshyt

with its supply it likely wont ever touch a penny but it wont need to if someone buys in at 7 or 8 0's

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
telling someone with only 100 dollars to invest in BTC as opposed to some fraction of a penny coin that they did some DD on is, forgive me, retarded.
BTC maxis low key salty

they on Twitter furious

The people who treat this like a second job and watch EVERYTHING (keeping an eye on the economy, real estate market, etc..) so they have an idea on if things may tank have the opportunity to make quit your job money.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
people are basically saying don't HODL outside of the main coins

thats fair..again id say it depends on what you put in

if you put in 4 or 5 figures then yeah take your profits and be out

if you put in some whatever money that would have otherwise been spent on booze or some shyt then fukk it, let at least some of it ride