1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
BlockFi is safe. It's ran by Gemini. They are going to IPO soon. They can't do any type of funny business
It isnt run by gemini, they just use them and others for holdings/withdrawals. Either way, it is centralized, uninsured, and the returns arent as good as other defi options. I dont get the rush to hand over your crypto. They can go under and not owe you a dime, and they bluntly state loss of principle is possible.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
It isnt run by gemini, they just use them and others for holdings/withdrawals. Either way, it is centralized, uninsured, and the returns arent as good as other defi options. I dont get the rush to hand over your crypto. They can go under and not owe you a dime, and they bluntly state loss of principle is possible.
But don't most coins in the space run that risk of something going horribly wrong and their prices wiping out any gains you make and there's nothing you can do about that either? Way I see it, with speculative assests like these there's really no reason to feel assured with anything you do and that includes even keeping them in your own wallet cause if the prices happens to crash then it doesn't matter where you keep it.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
But don't most coins in the space run that risk of something going horribly wrong and their prices wiping out any gains you make and there's nothing you can do about that either? Way I see it, with speculative assests like these there's really no reason to feel assured with anything you do and that includes even keeping them in your own wallet cause if the prices happens to crash then it doesn't matter where you keep it.
The value of coins might drop in your wallet, but you still own your own crypto. There is nothing preventing the loss of everything if blockfi went down.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
The value of coins might drop in your wallet, but you still own your own crypto. There is nothing preventing the loss of everything if blockfi went down.
But if it's useless then why would I care to own it?

There's nothing preventing the loss of anything, most especially your life.

Blockfi got more legal responsibility than any other dex out there, so for the good of mainstream adoption they need to be successful and stable.

I can agree with you to a degree tho, as in like don't have all your money on there, but personally blockfi has helped me out a lot and I think it's pretty useful, it adds variety to the space, it's just a tool like anything else. That interest payout in chainlink is pretty clutch. Also the monthly fee free waiver is super helpful too when moving erc-20 gains off the platform.

But still I agree with you not your coins not your crypto, way more important to have ownership and dca than to put too much of your portfolio of a centralized platform that controls your assests........

But we still owe taxes :lolbron:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Right. It's better to say Gemini (who is insured) is the primary custodian for BlockFi.

The returns may not be as attractive as other DeFi options but those other options carry incredibly higher level of risk compared to a BlockFi/Celsius type. Those other DeFi options also get rug pulled or contracts hacked all the time. If I'm going to loan out my BTC I want someone with the pedigree of a Gemini custodian.

Whether or not you want to use the service or any lending service is up to the individual. But if you're gonna do it you definitely want to do it with someone that has pedigree.

Some people want to make money from their crypto instead of just letting it sit there doing nothing

Daps
Reppin
DMV
Thanks for telling us now. :stopitslime:

But nah for real, might have to check this out. Is it online only or buying in stores? I see a few places I've purchased from. Shoot I just bought glasses and lens from eyeglass.com like last week. Could've definitely used this. Don't see an android version tho just a web one. Will have to do more research on it. I created an account but just added my name and email. Guess everything else is thru the merchant like an affiliate link. Wonder if there's s price difference tho.

Only online purchases. I did but no one really replied back because people care less in a bear market lololol. I pretty much got my money back on some things.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Facts....loading up on more waxp
Fill me in on WAXP :jbhmm:

Loading up on extra ALGO

Stellar team (lead by Turing Award winning MIT professor Sylvio Micali)
ALGO solved the Blockchain Trilemma
DEVIES Award 2021 winner
Stable ecosystem
Cutting edge technology
Universal interoperability
Full Proof of Stake
16 CBDC under NDA
At the table with OMFIF
NFT’s
DeFi
Payment systems
Gaming
Music
Real estate
Product tracking
Highly energy efficient green coin

man listen :wow:

Daps
Reppin
DMV

Loading up on extra ALGO

DEVIES Award 2021 winner
Stable ecosystem
Cutting edge technology
Full Proof of Stake
16 CBDC under NDA
At the table with OMFIF
NFT’s
DeFi
Payment systems
Gaming
Music
Real estate
Product tracking

King of NFTs built on EOS

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Loading up on extra ALGO

DEVIES Award 2021 winner
Stable ecosystem
Cutting edge technology
Full Proof of Stake
16 CBDC under NDA
At the table with OMFIF
NFT’s
DeFi
Payment systems
Gaming
Music
Real estate
Product tracking

Not sure I follow man. Is this rundown for ALGO or WAXP?

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Loading up on extra ALGO

DEVIES Award 2021 winner
Stable ecosystem
Cutting edge technology
Full Proof of Stake
16 CBDC under NDA
At the table with OMFIF
NFT’s
DeFi
Payment systems
Gaming
Music
Real estate
Product tracking

:whoa:Man you nikkaz are gonna make me overdraw on my bank account with these constant new licks y'all are shilling. Can we get some law and order in this joint.