1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
Man I wanted to post an nft and get into that and the shyt said I needed to put 10$ of eth in, but I'd have to buy like 20-30$ just to have enough to send the shyt shyt kills me, can't wait for cardano to pull up so I can release on they chain

im hearing a lot from people who’ve been into crypt since 2013-2017 that ADA is definition of a “shyt coin”, and has no smart contracts?..the next Ripple.. I’d this right?

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
im hearing a lot from people who’ve been into crypt since 2013-2017 that ADA is definition of a “shyt coin”, and has no smart contracts?..the next Ripple.. I’d this right?
Nah, those people are just impatient as shyt and want things to happen in one year and end up like yams or filecoin. Smart contracts will be in the protocol after March 1st, then it's just a. Matter of iohk getting groups on board on the platform. The team behind the coin aren't suge knighting it like ripples team trying to lambast to everyone about all the projects n such. They even got ethiopia doing a deal with them, I'm the kind of person that trusts a project that isn't showing off before it makes milestones. It's alot of other coins like vechain doing shyt other than contracts having taken years to develop and people don't go in on that, lot of people just jealous they didn't ride the wave up over a dollar because they didn't pay attention to cardano much in the first place.

I myself had some cardano in 2017, dropped it cause I didn't understand it, came back in 2020 and I've got faith in the project. That's the only thing you can really do while investing is have faith in it. Either way, I think it's got a future.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How long yall think this decline is going to last in the market? A few more days, a week..longer?

depends...if this was the beginning of the bull run as some speculated then it could be weeks, even a month or so before we see a continuation of the run...if this was the end of the bull run (keeping in mind the market has low key been running since the crash last year), then there’ll be some run-ups here and there but the pullbacks will be quick/drastic and we may not see a similar type run again until 2024/2025 which is the next halving...only thing I know for sure is when you think you have crypto figured out then it does wtf it wants lol

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

if you’re listening to people that are heavily invested in Eth then it’s hard for them to have an unbiased opinion of Cardano

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
depends...if this was the beginning of the bull run as some speculated then it could be weeks, even a month or so before we see a continuation of the run...if this was the end of the bull run (keeping in mind the market has low key been running since the crash last year), then there’ll be some run-ups here and there but the pullbacks will be quick/drastic and we may not see a similar type run again until 2024/2025 which is the next halving...only thing I know for sure is when you think you have crypto figured out then it does wtf it wants lol

Crypto is a wild game. Lol Definitely tests your resolve

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
You saying that because you might be able to get it cheaper at the "bottom" or because some coins might not come back up to what they're at right now?

Both but moreso the latter, at least not for a while. The market moves as BTC moves. If BTC continues to dip so will everything else. Buying "dips" on alts is how a lot of people got caught holding bags in 2017.

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
Both but moreso the latter, at least not for a while. The market moves as BTC moves. If BTC continues to dip so will everything else. Buying "dips" on alts is how a lot of people got caught holding bags in 2017.

Man that's a trip.

We really thinking BTC going to hit sub 40, mid 30 numbers soon?

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Man that's a trip.

We really thinking BTC going to hit sub 40, mid 30 numbers soon?

With Crypto you really don't know. Hypothetically it could go to 20k or lower. All you can do is take your best guess and get in at a price your comfortable with. I didn't invest more money at all on this run, but cashed out some bags I've been holding for 3 years. I just didn't trust this shyt again. I'm more comfortable now and when I feel like it's settled on a bottom I'll reinvest. Just be careful with the alts, make sure you choose good ones, a couple of coins I bought disappeared between 2017 and 2020.

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
With Crypto you really don't know. Hypothetically it could go to 20k or lower. All you can do is take your best guess and get in at a price your comfortable with. I didn't invest more money at all on this run, but cashed out some bags I've been holding for 3 years. I just didn't trust this shyt again. I'm more comfortable now and when I feel like it's settled on a bottom I'll reinvest. Just be careful with the alts, make sure you choose good ones, a couple of coins I bought disappeared between 2017 and 2020.

No doubt. Tried to pick some that got actual real utility use for blockchain/defi (Link, GRT,Nu) but like you said it's still a crap shoot. Will fall back from major purchasing but will stay reading in this thread lol

All Star
Daps

Always do your own research and make the best informed decision for yourself. Going off of someone else's hypothesis with your wallet is the definition of a lost opportunity cost.

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ETH gas fees are so fukking ridiculous. I wanted to pull out some of my stuff I sent to my MetaMask..

Until it came time to pay the gas fees..

“nah, I’ll just keep it in there”

:mjlol:
Wassup w gas fees? I’ve always seen them, but I’ve never encountered it selling or trading ETH. I’m solely on Coinbase now and sold eth last month and didn’t see it, they don’t have those fees?

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Whether or not it's a shytcoin is personal opinion. I'm in the camp of let's see what they can do. But it is fact that there are no smart contracts on ADA. The biggest thing it has going for it right now is staking. Smart contracts are coming soon from what I hear. Even then after years of talking there are still no major projects on it, no usage, nothing but years of promises and partnerships. Hopefully these things start coming to fruition. If you're putting your money into it, it's because you believe they will eventually get things going.

If the idea is to overtake ETH then there's a giant hill they gonna have to overcome which I don't think they'll be able to do. If the idea is just to create an alternative smart contract lane for a couple projects to consider then it could do well.