1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
When though? If the pack goes on sale at 12 when was the waiting room?

the drop was at 12 est. I just went to the site and at the top they had the banner for the pack drop.....I just clicked it and it said would you like to be put into the waiting room...you say yes then you're watching a clock countdown.....I got there like 10 minutes before....while you're waiting it says once 12 hits you will be given a random place in line...

then 12 hits and it says what place you are also says how many packs and how many people were in line....

there's a progress bar like you're number 1,000 then the number goes down and the progress bar updates....

then once you're up it redirects you to the pack purchase page and you have 5 minutes to complete your order...

order

then boom you open yo shyt and hope for the best...

I was nervous cause all my shyt was common cards then boom the last one was rare Bol Bol :banderas:

Think I might cop a Bol Bol jersey now

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
the drop was at 12 est. I just went to the site and at the top they had the banner for the pack drop.....I just clicked it and it said would you like to be put into the waiting room...you say yes then you're watching a clock countdown.....I got there like 10 minutes before....while you're waiting it says once 12 hits you will be given a random place in line...

then 12 hits and it says what place you are also says how many packs and how many people were in line....

there's a progress bar like you're number 1,000 then the number goes down and the progress bar updates....

then once you're up it redirects you to the pack purchase page and you have 5 minutes to complete your order...

order

then boom you open yo shyt and hope for the best...

I was nervous cause all my shyt was common cards then boom the last one was rare Bol Bol :banderas:

Think I might cop a Bol Bol jersey now
well you were guaranteed 1 rare, lol

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's easy. Lack of real world utility or adoption. Up until this point in crypto there's a new set of "can't miss, gonna revolutionize the world" altcoins that pop up. Fast forward 2 or 3 years later, the project is dead and gone, creators wasted all the money, or rebranded to try to take advantage of the latest trends (now DeFi) for another cash grab.

Then add in the hacks, the rugpulls, the false hyped up partnerships, constantly delayed roadmaps or missed deadlines, the few who might own over 50% of the supply dumping on the regular investor. It's same story over and over

This continuous cycle ends up with people thinking they're getting in early on a promising project when in the end they're just losing 99% of their money and end up with a token worth shyt.

That's why crypto is still labeled as a highly speculative market. Until these coins start becoming more than just pdf white papers or hyped up partnerships and having real world utility and real adoption, they'll keep getting labeled as shytcoins.
Also... if any thing looks promising or realizes useful utility, there's nothing stopping FAANG or any other traditional company from sharking the idea/project and producing something that does the same thing with a much larger audience and adoption.

:francis:

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
It's not easy to assign a label on companies not even remotely! So asking this question to establish a different perspective have you run a company or ever launched a product. Ask this to show the other side, as you get everything right expect for timing!

Sit down with any successful firm and their team and go through their backgrounds and you find a commonality "failed projects". In the valley in Cali or the square in China, failure is appreciated as it means your one step closer to a better product. Not sure why people think that a room full people with MBA and CFA have a clue what to do or what people want. Exactly what your seeing in this small marketplace of crpyto, is exactly what goes on in the upper echelon of companies. Spectacular failures! The only thing is nobody is paying attention and, to be honest, it just is not that transparent!

Some people and teams have done what we would define as illegal things and they deserve the appropriate title of shyt coin. Won't even start on all the crimes going on in companies' boardrooms and on exchanges, that I have witnessed in person.

But there well-intentioned people and teams that got the timing wrong that get that label as well and it's not simply right! I saw a Microsoft prototype tablet in 2002 at a dinner party they got the timing all wrong and the product failed! Anyone in here going to call that and their team a shyt product. Microsoft relaunched their tablet and is killing it now!

The term shyt coin is thrown around with ease and it's annoying to people and teams that are trying to bring some amazing products to enrich people's lives and wealth accumulation.

I definitely agree with the underlying sentiment here.
Crypto tho, does have a "me too" problem that stinks up its image.
Yearn Finance launched summer last year, a week later there were dozens if not hundreds of code forks and today, most of them are dead.
If the project offers something new and useful, I hesitate to call it a shytcoin.
If the project is simply a cut and paste code fork that's meant to lure in the gullible, I'm calling it a shytcoin.
Time is the greatest sifter of wheat vs chaff.
And sometimes, the timing is what cripples a project. But if the features and concepts of failed projects show up and are backboning new, integral projects and protocols, I'll not call them shytcoins but just early.

Also, remember that crypto is rife with a very distinct personality type.
And the Bitcoin maximalist is happy to label EVERYTHING outside of Btc as a shytcoin.
For many, even Ethereum is a shytcoin.

They're obnoxious, tend to be vocal and off-putting.
And they're everywhere.
Those are the most vocal shytcoin labelers.

Last edited:

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ada and Link.

Link is solid.

I would stay the hell away from ADA though. It is way overbought for a conceptual token. There are smaller market cap options that are light years ahead with actual use case and have a realistic road map. ADA has the potential to go real bad, they literally still haven’t even done a fork. Which is step #1!!

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Link is solid.

I would stay the hell away from ADA though. It is way overbought for a conceptual token. There are smaller market cap options that are light years ahead with actual use case and have a realistic road map. ADA has the potential to go real bad, they literally still haven’t even done a fork. Which is step #1!!
It's been solid even when the market was down, I sold it last month when it was gaining no traction. I'm in two minds now to repurchase it.
Hmm.

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ADA probably ain't a get rich coin the community doesn't care much about the money from my observations on reddit but more on it's impact this pump is due to some sort of key update coming early march (next week) , dropped a grand in at 43 cents it's obviously more than doubled since then when i got it last month but that's some shyt you check on in a couple of years i think.

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ADA probably ain't a get rich coin the community doesn't care much about the money from my observations on reddit but more on it's impact this pump is due to some sort of key update coming early march (next week) , dropped a grand in at 43 cents it's obviously more than doubled since then when i got it last month but that's some shyt you check on in a couple of years i think.

No. It’s the opposite. ADA is purely a conceptual project with no smart contract capability as of yet (yes, 0)

It is all theory for a 40B market cap. It is way overpriced.

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No. It’s the opposite. ADA is purely a conceptual project with no smart contract capability as of yet (yes, 0)

It is all theory for a 40B market cap. It is way overpriced.
Yeah hence me saying it's a set and forget type of investment. Not even like it's low cap:yeshrug:

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc