1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
Hang on to it unless you really need the cash. These idiots selling rare/jersey number moments a day after getting them are gonna regret it within the next year.

Hell, look at CryptoPunks 2017-2020 vs today.

true plus it's still in "beta" and im thinking once it's really launched and out there these early moments will go up in value. These folks are still working the bugs out. But im really happy with my purchase. I copped a few in the market place as well. I want the "ultimate pack" :takedat: that's like 300 a pack when those drop im hoping I can have the same luck

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Idc about Sports but I was thinking.. if WWE joined forces and came out with moments like Top shots with walk outs, signature moves, legendary moments.. man :wow: I’d sign up so fast for Attitude era rare items :gladbron:

If Vince McMahon wasn't :mjpls: about people making money off his product, we could be on WWE network right now looking for highlights to create these packs. Maybe if we offer him a cut of the profits. :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Idc about Sports but I was thinking.. if WWE joined forces and came out with moments like Top shots with walk outs, signature moves, legendary moments.. man :wow: I’d sign up so fast for Attitude era rare items :gladbron:

thats a good idea! I want the highlight when The Rock rock bottomed a nikka then grabbed the nikka jaw
:russ:

---

Superstar
Daps
I think 99% of alts are shyt coins.....cardano and polkadot arent one of them.

What makes so many coins as you say shytcoin? Would like to hear this thesis?

Cause I am seeing complex financial derivates that regular people could never dream of accessing in traditional markets available to them now on the defi. I see CLO and CDO products! The term shytcoin is annoying!

Last edited:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Doesn’t take a thesis. Just simple math and looking at the history of theses projects.

There are over 5k alts on the market now if 50 of them actually proved to have utility and stuck around long term then that means over 99% of them will die or do nothing. Hence shyt coins

Now we know that 50 is a huge number and there isn’t even 50 alts worth talking about right now. But I picked that number to illustrate the sheet number of alts out there now

---

Superstar
Daps
Doesn’t take a thesis. Just simple math and looking at the history of these projects.

There are over 5k alts on the market now if 50 of them proved to have utility and stuck around long term then that means over 99% of them will die or do nothing. Hence shyt coins

Now we know that 50 is a huge number and there aren’t even 50 alts worth talking about right now. But I picked that number to illustrate the sheer number of alts out there now

Cool have a more nuanced answer instead of labelling projects shyt coins.

Would you label most of the companies that failed and emerged again from the dot com bubble shyt companies? As nearly every aspect from those companies was ported over for use cases in things we use today.

Everyone from that era runs a company in which you use your product today. The term shyt coin is narrow!

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
true plus it's still in "beta" and im thinking once it's really launched and out there these early moments will go up in value. These folks are still working the bugs out. But im really happy with my purchase. I copped a few in the market place as well. I want the "ultimate pack" :takedat: that's like 300 a pack when those drop im hoping I can have the same luck
shyt the way things are going that pack finna be 1500 cause the last holo icon was 1000 lucky you I'm jealous as fukk I sold all my s1 metallic golds cause the market was still small and then blew up, I honestly hope most prices stay at this level for a few months so I can reestablish my stack rn only got 57 moments

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I posted in the other thread I was 3,000 something in line I copped a NBA top shot pack.

Most were common but the last jawn was a rare Bol Bol 3 pointer melanic gold 1 of 46 :leon:

should I hang on to it bruhs or flip it right away :jbhmm: do you think the value will go up on these jawns or stay stagnant

How do you get a spot? Do you just try to buy when the pack is released and they slot you.

Cool have a more nuanced answer instead of labelling projects shyt coins.

Would you label most of the companies that failed and emerged again from the dot com bubble shyt companies? As nearly every aspect from those companies was ported over for use cases in things we use today.

Everyone from that era runs a company in which you use your product today. The term shyt coin is narrow!

shytcoin should be reserved for projects you shouldn't put money behind. Douchebags on Twitter use it for everything.
"I bought this shytcoin called DOT":what:

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
the first real world application for blockchains is NBA Top shot and the dapper blockchain

cant even make a payment :mjlol: when the load is over 100k

its clear that decentralized blockchains have a long way to go to being scalable

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.

Cause I am seeing complex financial derivates that regular people could never dream of accessing in traditional markets available to them now on the defi. I see CLO and CDO products! The term shytcoin is annoying!
It's easy. Lack of real world utility or adoption. Up until this point in crypto there's a new set of "can't miss, gonna revolutionize the world" altcoins that pop up. Fast forward 2 or 3 years later, the project is dead and gone, creators wasted all the money, or rebranded to try to take advantage of the latest trends (now DeFi) for another cash grab.

Then add in the hacks, the rugpulls, the false hyped up partnerships, constantly delayed roadmaps or missed deadlines, the few who might own over 50% of the supply dumping on the regular investor. It's same story over and over

This continuous cycle ends up with people thinking they're getting in early on a promising project when in the end they're just losing 99% of their money and end up with a token worth shyt.

That's why crypto is still labeled as a highly speculative market. Until these coins start becoming more than just pdf white papers or hyped up partnerships and having real world utility and real adoption, they'll keep getting labeled as shytcoins.

---

Superstar
Daps
It's easy. Lack of real-world utility or adoption. Up until this point in crypto there's a new set of "can't miss, gonna revolutionize the world" altcoins that pop up. Fast forward 2 or 3 years later, the project is dead and gone, creators wasted all the money, or rebranded to try to take advantage of the latest trends (now DeFi) for another cash grab.

Then add in the hacks, the rugpulls, the false hyped up partnerships, constantly delayed roadmaps or missed deadlines, the few who might own over 50% of the supply dumping on the regular investor. It's same story over and over

This continuous cycle ends up with people thinking they're getting in early on a promising project when in the end they're just losing 99% of their money and end up with a token worth shyt.

That's why crypto is still labeled as a highly speculative market. Until these coins start becoming more than just pdf white papers or hyped up partnerships and having real world utility and real adoption, they'll keep getting labeled as bitcoins.

It's not easy to assign a label on companies not even remotely! So asking this question to establish a different perspective have you run a company or ever launched a product. Ask this to show the other side, as you get everything right expect for timing!

Sit down with any successful firm and their team and go through their backgrounds and you find a commonality "failed projects". In the valley in Cali or the square in China, failure is appreciated as it means your one step closer to a better product. Not sure why people think that a room full people with MBA and CFA have a clue what to do or what people want. Exactly what your seeing in this small marketplace of crpyto, is exactly what goes on in the upper echelon of companies. Spectacular failures! The only thing is nobody is paying attention and, to be honest, it just is not that transparent!

Some people and teams have done what we would define as illegal things and they deserve the appropriate title of shyt coin. Won't even start on all the crimes going on in companies' boardrooms and on exchanges, that I have witnessed in person.

But there well-intentioned people and teams that got the timing wrong that get that label as well and it's not simply right! I saw a Microsoft prototype tablet in 2002 at a dinner party they got the timing all wrong and the product failed! Anyone in here going to call that and their team a shyt product. Microsoft relaunched their tablet and is killing it now!

The term shyt coin is thrown around with ease and it's annoying to people and teams that are trying to bring some amazing products to enrich people's lives and wealth accumulation.

Last edited:

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
How do you get a spot? Do you just try to buy when the pack is released and they slot you.

shytcoin should be reserved for projects you shouldn't put money behind. Douchebags on Twitter use it for everything.
"I bought this shytcoin called DOT":what:

They had a “waiting room” once you’re in and the time comes they give everyone a random spot in line ...totally random got lucky as fukk