1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Are y’all still putting money in your IRA or going all in on crypto? I put in $4700 since May and only made $200.:francis:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps

Buy harder guys. Need to hit that TP :feedme:

TP hit. Thanks for the money.

The way I see we could get a FOMO run up to 50k soon then solid 30% shot down 30-35k levels. Then up again. Basically don't wait for pullbacks.

I don't know if we ever see BTC below 30k again. Maybe another test of 28k.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
200 in my IRA. I put in $2100 in eth and made $1790 so far. At this point It makes more sense to invest in crypto and out some of the earnings toward retirement.
Don't know what you were investing in but you need to switch it up. And yeah crypto hot right now but who knows for how long. Not a bad choice tho.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aight so I’m up to $41K worth of BTC ($29K cost basis before it’s asked) and figure I should start thinking about security and a physical wallet instead of having it on Coinbase. Anyone know of a good resource to get started?

@heisenburrr Bull case and bear case for diversifying into ETH?

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Aight so I’m up to $41K worth of BTC ($29K cost basis before it’s asked) and figure I should start thinking about security and a physical wallet instead of having it on Coinbase. Anyone know of a good resource to get started?

@heisenburrr Bull case and bear case for diversifying into ETH?

Bull: Retail gonna eat it up on the way up because they think it's cheaper than BTC.

Bear: Retail has a lot less money than the torrent of institutional capital looking at BTC right now. They are not likely to be too interested in ETH because their investments are economic hedging plays and they don't care so much about the tech which is the only thing ETH has going for it. Other potential black swan events involving ETH are regulatory trouble because of ICO and DeFi field. Potential tech breakdown and trouble with transition to "ETH2" and PoS.

Overall I don't expect ETH to overperform BTC on the same magnitude as it did in 2017 so even if it does by a slight margin, the risks aren't worth the returns IMHO.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bull: Retail gonna eat it up on the way up because they think it's cheaper than BTC.

Bear: Retail has a lot less money than the torrent of institutional capital looking at BTC right now. They are not likely to be too interested in ETH because their investments are economic hedging plays and they don't care so much about the tech which is the only thing ETH has going for it. Other potential black swan events involving ETH are regulatory trouble because of ICO and DeFi field. Potential tech breakdown and trouble with transition to "ETH2" and PoS.

Overall I don't expect ETH to overperform BTC on the same magnitude as it did in 2017 so even if it does by a slight margin, the risks aren't worth the returns IMHO.

Thanks. Yeah I haven’t been able to develop nearly as strong a thesis to justify a 5 figure position in ETH. Feels way more speculative vs. BTC at this point.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Thanks. Yeah I haven’t been able to develop nearly as strong a thesis to justify a 5 figure position in ETH. Feels way more speculative vs. BTC at this point.

Both are extremely speculative, BTC just has a better narrative going for it right now than ETH.

BTC is, at minimum, an uncorrelated commodity/asset, like gold. This has order of magnitude larger market than typical tech plays. Think gold $10T market cap vs. Apple $2T.

Last edited: