1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This. If you trade small you've gotta take small profits and compound. Very, very few people have the discipline to do this

Trading small is good to get your confidence up. I was dealing with bear market PTSD so taking a 5-10% loss was messing with me heavy. Another mistake I was making was setting my stop losses too tight. Wake up thinking I was up 25% when I took a 5% loss getting wicked out over night. Had to learn patience and take my emotions out of it. Before I used to revenge trade but I didn't fall into that trap.

After a few successful trades I was happy with how I did.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Trading small is good to get your confidence up. I was dealing with bear market PTSD so taking a 5-10% loss was messing with me heavy. Another mistake I was making was setting my stop losses too tight. Wake up thinking I was up 25% when I took a 5% loss getting wicked out over night. Had to learn patience and take my emotions out of it. Before I used to revenge trade but I didn't fall into that trap.

After a few successful trades I was happy with how I did.

Yeah I've lost quite a bit of money to too tight stops as well, especially being well above entry and then doubling down stupidly, forcing me to put stop higher which inevitably gets hit.

Unless you're risking way more than you can really afford to lose, you can afford to be a little loose with stops in a bull market.

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I've lost quite a bit of money to too tight stops as well, especially being well above entry and then doubling down stupidly, forcing me to put stop higher which inevitably gets hit.

Unless you're risking way more than you can really afford to lose, you can afford to be a little loose with stops in a bull market.

A few days ago at 33 I thought I was safe at 27. Nope.

Do you recommend a % of price to set stops at? It seems like it has to be at least 20% below the current price

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Whats MC breh?

Edit - dumb question I just realized you talking about market cap.

you figured it out but my bad tho...I’m used to just saying MC on another thread (different forum) where I usually say MC all the time in reference to the market cap

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps

Do you recommend a % of price to set stops at? It seems like it has to be at least 20% below the current price

Depends on a lot of things, your bankroll and what not. Best to be able to read levels, supports, resistance.

Try to check some decent traders off Twitter (though it can be difficult filtering through bullshyt and putting together a solid list)

Once I'm up I continue to adjust with levels below but sometimes I just eyeball a cool profit number and set it there a

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Look at the chart and the previous low. Last time I got stopped out I set my stop at .21, previous low was .1911. Got stopped out and the coin pumped. Had I set it at the low I would've been straight. The coin was trending up and making higher lows so it wasn't likely to touch the old low.

A couple of times when I set a stop really low I got scam wicked which is the worst.

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I just copped $640 worth of bitcoin brehs. I always miss out on everything :snoop:. I got 18 ltc and 2.5 eth that I got back in 2018 and just stopped buying crypto for a year and a half. I wanna come up brehs.:mjgrin:
Get you some RSR

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
@mannyrs13

:wow: Link said “don’t forget about me”
Hasn't been this high since mid August. Plus they got way more partnerships since then. That pump the other day and then drop back down done had me like :picard: but it bounced back nicely. Needs to touch $20 by end of month and it has a great chance. shyt was under $9 like 2 weeks ago and nearly has doubled up. :wow:

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
Look at the chart and the previous low. Last time I got stopped out I set my stop at .21, previous low was .1911. Got stopped out and the coin pumped. Had I set it at the low I would've been straight. The coin was trending up and making higher lows so it wasn't likely to touch the old low.

A couple of times when I set a stop really low I got scam wicked which is the worst.

is scam wicked like a flash sale then instant bounce back. that's what happened to me the other day.