1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I never said that and even if that becomes true it still would be the case that every user have the ability to hold a deflationary asset, rather than hyperinflationary currencies.

It's not about returns it's about securing your financial future and participating in the most powerful monetary system ever created.

Wealth gaps are an inescapable part of nature. Wealth cannot ever be evenly distributed.

Bitcoin at least removes the cantillion effect from the equation and makes the game a lot more fair for every player.

Current crop of buyers largely institutional

mavsman

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
use them ETH gains for BTC. you can get ETH a lot “easier” right now. The aim is the piece together 1 BTC and repeat the process all over again before the shyt leaves the station forever.
Is it worth it mine smaller coins like litecoin or Bitcoin cash to achieve this or just buy the coins outright. Anyone know how much a mining rig would cost? What I would need?

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You think BTC will never be more than 60k? you missed the whole point if you're looking at it as nothing more than a one year flip. If it does a 20x in 5 years, are your returns still "insignificant"?

You missed my point. I'm not bearish on bitcoin at all. Hell, I got in a 8.8k earlier this year myself.

I'm saying if it does a 10x in 5 years , which it can - the average American with 600 dollars to throw at it isn't even seeing 6k.

But the reason why it's so great is the same reason why it will further accelerate the wealth gap. Institutions and the wealthy have the capital to throw at this asset to hedge their wealth significantly, while the poor don't.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This run has been crazy. My crypto portfolio is sitting at $27K, all BTC, on $20K invested capital since late Nov. - $5K of which was invested early this PM. And I'm up $7K.

I invested in 2017 too but this feels different - I definitely 'believe' in the idea now more given the handwringing I was doing for months re: what to do with my cash. Finding yield to withstand expected inflation while not being as bullish on the stock market and / or real estate given macro uncertainty has been the most important factor sitting on $100K+ in cash vs. like $30K when I invested the original time.

How are brehs thinking about trading in January? I'm basically in a holding pattern unless we get back to $23K / coin levels and my gains get wiped out completely as I'm also looking towards a home purchase as another inflation hedge.

Something I haven't heard discussed as well is what happens if the Dems win the senate on the 5th. I don't think that's priced in with respect to more stimulus / printed money and devaluation of USD.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
This run has been crazy. My crypto portfolio is sitting at $27K, all BTC, on $20K invested capital since late Nov. - $5K of which was invested early this PM. And I'm up $7K.

I invested in 2017 too but this feels different - I definitely 'believe' in the idea now more given the handwringing I was doing for months re: what to do with my cash. Finding yield to withstand expected inflation while not being as bullish on the stock market and / or real estate given macro uncertainty has been the most important factor sitting on $100K+ in cash vs. like $30K when I invested the original time.

How are brehs thinking about trading in January? I'm basically in a holding pattern unless we get back to $23K / coin levels and my gains get wiped out completely as I'm also looking towards a home purchase as another inflation hedge.

Something I haven't heard discussed as well is what happens if the Dems win the senate on the 5th. I don't think that's priced in with respect to more stimulus / printed money and devaluation of USD.

profit taking is tempting cuz im up like $12K , but i truly believe in halving chart / s2f chart . Not to mention what you said in regards to the money printing machine and DXY . I would go crazy if i sold and my gut was right . i need every last sat

EqxOOHsVgAAcc0A

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
You missed my point. I'm not bearish on bitcoin at all. Hell, I got in a 8.8k earlier this year myself.

I'm saying if it does a 10x in 5 years , which it can - the average American with 600 dollars to throw at it isn't even seeing 6k.

But the reason why it's so great is the same reason why it will further accelerate the wealth gap. Institutions and the wealthy have the capital to throw at this asset to hedge their wealth significantly, while the poor don't.
We don't live in a perfect world. But Put it this way If I'm poor I rather take the opportunity to have $600 worth of BTC now knowing it's early and where it's going in the coming years as a deflationary currency than to have $600 of inflationary cash racing to the bottom