1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
I have more ETH than BTC right now and can't decide which to stay in. I only want to keep it in ETH for gains purposes but if I can match those gains leverage trading then I might just go 80% BTC and take shots with the rest.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Bitcoin being brought up by institutions as a store of value and hedge against inflation only further separates the wealth gap.

The average person will not have access to this hedge against inflation when all 18M in circulation are brought up.

This is plain wrong. Anyone can own fractions of BTC and tap into the same monetary supply/SoV.

Obviously those that risk their capital early get rewarded if it catches on with everyone.

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is plain wrong. Anyone can own fractions of BTC and tap into the same monetary supply/SoV.

Obviously those that risk their capital early get rewarded if it catches on with everyone.

Oh please. I've heard that "just stack satoshis" argument plenty of times. If you only have few hundred to invest in an asset that is 30k , even if it doubles, your returns are insignificant.

And what monetary supply ? The one that you have said yourself - earlier in this thread - will eventually have a high percentage (90%+) of institutional ownership ?

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
Oh please. I've heard that "just stack satoshis" argument plenty of times. If you only have few hundred to invest in an asset that is 30k , even if it doubles, your returns are insignificant.

And what monetary supply ? The one that you have said yourself - earlier in this thread - will eventually have a high percentage (90%+) of institutional ownership ?

Idk

If someone goes from $300 to $900 that may not be insignificant to them.

A profit is a profit.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
You think BTC will never be more than 60k? you missed the whole point if you're looking at it as nothing more than a one year flip. If it does a 20x in 5 years, are your returns still "insignificant"?

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps

I never said that and even if that becomes true it still would be the case that every user have the ability to hold a deflationary asset, rather than hyperinflationary currencies.

It's not about returns it's about securing your financial future and participating in the most powerful monetary system ever created.

Wealth gaps are an inescapable part of nature. Wealth cannot ever be evenly distributed.

Bitcoin at least removes the cantillion effect from the equation and makes the game a lot more fair for every player.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I have more ETH than BTC right now and can't decide which to stay in. I only want to keep it in ETH for gains purposes but if I can match those gains leverage trading then I might just go 80% BTC and take shots with the rest.

use them ETH gains for BTC. you can get ETH a lot “easier” right now. The aim is the piece together 1 BTC and repeat the process all over again before the shyt leaves the station forever.