1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
I plan to purchase bitcoin. any tips or advice ya give me will be appreciated.

I did some research and to buy bitcoin i need a wallet. Bitcoin's website is recommending BRD and Electrum. Next i can buy off coinbase after setting up an account.

Does this sound right or should i do it another way? I plan to just buy and hold long term - super long term, just hold and sit on it. I plan on starting up with $500 but would like my first buy to be $50-$100 just in case i mess up. I was reading that if you lose access to your wallet your assed out. Thanks

Bluewallet, Green wallet are other good options

Bruh, nodes are computers running the software. Miners are mostly large groups that have the computational power to beat out other groups to process blocks of Bitcoin transactions. Nodes prevent shady transactions from happening since the idea is no bad actor can override enough nodes to have the fraudulent transactions become universally accepted across the system. A 51 percent attack means a group amassed enough power to override enough nodes thus they can control what’s being recorded. The only defense against this is the hope that they would realize this would tank Bitcoin and thus hurt their own investments but it is possible. IDK why y’all arguing. This has always been a possibility and has been discussed adnauseum in crypto world :heh:

Smh. You're absolutely clueless

bammtronics

man sit 'cho ass down!
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach
Alts gonna rally once BTC takes a breather.

Their ratio against BTC gonna remain shyt though

Think so? I'm feeling like between the institutions being laser focused on BTC (aka "what breather?" :mjlol:), ETH being in a "lull" with the ETH 2.0 transition, and alts getting blowback from the XRP shenanigans, that alts are entering some dark days for the foreseeable future.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I plan to purchase bitcoin. any tips or advice ya give me will be appreciated.

I did some research and to buy bitcoin i need a wallet. Bitcoin's website is recommending BRD and Electrum. Next i can buy off coinbase after setting up an account.

Does this sound right or should i do it another way? I plan to just buy and hold long term - super long term, just hold and sit on it. I plan on starting up with $500 but would like my first buy to be $50-$100 just in case i mess up. I was reading that if you lose access to your wallet your assed out. Thanks
Ledger Nano S is a great, secure easy to use wallet

You have the right idea, consider buying a fixed amount every 2/3 months and building up that way, long term (10+ years min) is definitely the play. Ignore alts!

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Think so? I'm feeling like between the institutions being laser focused on BTC, ETH being in a "lull" with the ETH 2.0 transition, and alts getting blowback from the XRP shenanigans, that alts are entering some dark days for the foreseeable future.

Yeah like I said they gonna rally mildly but I wouldn't be caught dead holding one of them when BTC flexing like this