1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since I just got to a computer might as well sort through this hot confused mess for everyone who cares.

>Vulnerable to professional hacks. If someone could gain 51% of the computing power, they can hack the entire system.

Miners can only double-spend transactions meaning you are at risk if you accept large transactions from a would-be miner entity who could potentially defraud you by rewinding the transaction and essentially getting the coins back. That does not mean in any way that they "can hack the entire system". The cornerstone of the Bitcoin security model is the incentive for miners to continue mining rationally because that is the most profitable behavior for them. This is game theory and economics. To rewrite older transactions they'd have to maintain 51% over a long period of time which, at this point in the game, is just not happening.

There have been 51 percent attacks on multiple coins, what are you talking about? Everything you wrote is irrelevant. The only thing and I mean the only thing stopping people from targeting Bitcoin is the cost in doing so. It makes more economic sense to attack smaller cryptos but, it is possible. Especially as computing power grows and decreases in cost. I don't need you to editorialize why YOU THINK it wouldn't happen, I was merely making the comment that its a possibility and it is.

Miners do not control Bitcoin nor can they control the supply even if one person was to own 100% of the hashing power. Economic nodes decide the rules of the protocol and miners are paid to follow them.

Stay with me. Pictured below is a Bitcoin mining farm. This is one being shown in the media. There are tons more that we don't know about. Who are behind these warehouses and facilities? Who can afford to upkeep warehouses with a 100,000 servers that consume an fukk ton of power and need to be in cold temperatures to stay cool. It's not me or you nikka :gucci: It's shadowy dark money groups, billionaires, groups with wealthy backers...so when I say large mining groups have control, this is what I mean :gucci: The pow system prioritizes miners who can "crack the code" the fastest (speaking in the simplest of terms here). Wealthy groups have the resources to buy the most computing power. To ensure they continue to make money from mining, its in their interest to consolidate with other large mining groups. So yes, a few wealthy parties end up controlling the system :gucci:

0*WPfBuMOM02oSBzDD.jpg

Nu5_RmJkuuVfmUCsgiUAIJj5GDUONxp3idpa2_ee91Za2uWjwPPuK6sFkA4QA6Oi3LAOSI1KNpxFhyk5ew3Y3SzQKVrvroTvQmW5mGBmlV0itMAX-4MQri_HKQp6CRExzcmBY5dLnT3f5Xs

The vast portion of Bitcoin’s hash rate is sourced from a handful of cloud contract-providers and private mining farms. The purpose of a decentralized money is to ensure no one or few entities can collude to gain control of the money. However, the concentration of mining power is threatening the very reason Nakamoto created Bitcoin: decentralizing control over wealth.

If electric grid goes down then everything is at risk. Bitcoin is not alone. Guns, bullets, food sure. Gold market would crater as well because it is highly reliant on global institutions nowadays so it wouldn't be much of a reliable option anyway.

Obviously everything would be at risk. The point is, Gold has been traded for thousands of years. It will survive as it did then. It's tangible and is intrinsically valuable. If we're talking about an end-game scenario, the global gold market is irrelevant. There would be no financial markets in the official sense. Besides, if you don't have the gold in your hands, you don't own it. Fiat would be worthless. Crypto would be gone. So you would trade gold as the only option besides bartering. Gold will go back to being the hard currency. I don't understand your attitude or your hostility. We're all invested in crypto here (I own Bitcoin) but, its good to have theoretical discussions otherwise you can't really say you know what you're investing in. @Houston911 wanted reasons Bitcoin could falter, so I listed reasons.

Last edited:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
There have been 51 percent attacks on multiple coins, what are you talking about? Everything you wrote is irrelevant. The only thing and I mean the only thing stopping people from targeting Bitcoin is the cost in doing so. It makes more economic sense to attack smaller cryptos but, it is possible. Especially as computing power grows and decreases in cost. I don't need you to editorialize why YOU THINK it wouldn't happen, I was merely making the comment that its a possibility and it is.

It's shadowy dark money groups, billionaires, groups with wealthy backers...so when I say large mining groups have control, this is what I mean :gucci: The pow system prioritizes miners who can "crack the code" the fastest (speaking in the simplest of terms here). Wealthy groups have the resources to buy the most computing power. To ensure they continue to make money from mining, its in their interest to consolidate with other large mining groups. So yes, a few wealthy parties end up controlling the system :gucci:

I have been in a few of these mines. You haven't.

What happens in shytcoin land has nothing do to with the incentive system of Bitcoin. It is possible, yes, but not economically rational to 51% Bitcoin.

Moreover, you still don't seem to understand that miners do not decide the rules of the system nor can they change it so it doesn't matter if the fukking Bildeberg control mining they can't do shyt but play along and get paid for ordering transactions.

Miners work for the Bitcoin economy. They don't control shyt

It's like you're picking your narratives from MSM rags, embarassing

Last edited:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have been in a few of these mines. You haven't.

What happens in shytcoin land has nothing do to with the incentive system of Bitcoin. It is possible, yes, but not economically rational to 51% Bitcoin.

Moreover, you still don't seem to understand that miners do not decide the rules of the system nor can they change it so it doesn't matter if the fukking Bildeberg control mining they can't do shyt but play along and get paid for ordering transactions.

Miners work for the Bitcoin economy. They don't control shyt

So in other words, it’s possible then. Next.

Anybody can have a mining rig. There’s a reason you don’t still do it....because it’s a rich man’s game as I was saying. Next.

Miners do “control” the Bitcoin economy. WTF are you talking about. It’s a handful of miners processing the majority of transactions. You think institutions have invested billions into Bitcoin but it’s improbable that the same wealthy types wouldn’t control the network itself. That’s naive :skip: I got better things to do with my Sunday than explain basic concepts to you.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If i make 2 transactions at different times to equate the value of 1 bitcoin does my 2 half shares turn into 1 full share?

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
So in other words, it’s possible then. Next.

Anybody can have a mining rig. There’s a reason you don’t still do it....because it’s a rich man’s game as I was saying. Next.

Miners do “control” the Bitcoin economy. WTF are you talking about. It’s a handful of miners processing the majority of transactions. You think institutions have invested billions into Bitcoin but it’s improbable that the same wealthy types wouldn’t control the network itself. That’s naive :skip: I got better things to do with my Sunday than explain basic concepts to you.

What do you mean control? All miners can do is say yes or no to processing a transaction. They can't steal anything from anyone.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
What do you mean control? All miners can do is say yes or no to processing a transaction. They can't steal anything from anyone.

An individual miner could refuse to include a transaction in a block but the system is designed so that miners must include any fee-paying transaction in order to remain economically competitive. A miner who would say "no" would eventually run itself out of business.

So effectively miners do not even get to control transaction selection, on top of already having no control over currency supply or protocol rules.

There must be some type of definition of "control" that escapes us.

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
An individual miner could refuse to include a transaction in a block but the system is designed so that miners must include any fee-paying transaction in order to remain economically competitive. A miner who would say "no" would eventually run itself out of business.

So effectively miners do not even get to control transaction selection, on top of already having no control over currency supply or protocol rules.

There must be some type of definition of "control" that escapes us.

Right they can't be economically viable without confirming transactions

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Oh sorry were you just asking if fractional buying was possible? Of course

more like fractional selling. I didn't know if once you hit whatever the 1 coin equivalent in value is it didn't consolidate into 1 share that couldn't be sold in fractions. I'm pretty sure you can sell but didn't want to make assumptions and don't even know how to begin wording that search in google to find my answer lol