1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Great timing you have about 14 days to either transfer you coins to the binance us app or move the coins from binance to a ledger. Otherwise your coins will be for lack of better words gone.
:damn: Texas isn't supported on the US app. The fukk am I supposed to do now.

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
Can I transfer it to kucoin or gemini or is that not a good idea?

You can do that as well but you know what they say about holding coins on an exchange. Not your keys not your coins. Just make sure you move those coins within the next week.

D.C Young

TMC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm new to cryptocurrency but how are yall making money off of this?

like, I know one way is buying it and holding it for a long period of time

but it seems like people are making money off of it on a daily basis, how does that work?

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I'm new to cryptocurrency but how are yall making money off of this?

like, I know one way is buying it and holding it for a long period of time

but it seems like people are making money off of it on a daily basis, how does that work?
just like stocks. buy at one price and it goes up or down. market mostly been going up now. you have a certain number of coins and as the price increases, so does your balance.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
@D.C Young

Like look at bitcoin. it was like 16k a few weeks back. you buy one then at that price and today is worth over 18k. crypto is a 24 hour market. people buying and selling all over the world every day. bitcoin has a limited number of coins. right now circulating supply is like 18.5 million. max is 21 million. so 18.5 million. now as more people buy and hold their coins, the more the price goes up. lets say I have 9 million coins and you have the other 9 million. now people gonna wanna buy coins but with us having them, they gotta pay us as much as possible to acquire them. but if lets say you sell your coins, then the value of mine go down cuz theres 9 million coins out there available to buy so people won't be worrying about my coins. its like supply and demand. if the supply is low, then the demand gonna be high cuz people gonna wanna get involved, but with less product to go around, the price goes up.

D.C Young

TMC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@D.C Young

Like look at bitcoin. it was like 16k a few weeks back. you buy one then at that price and today is worth over 18k. crypto is a 24 hour market. people buying and selling all over the world every day. bitcoin has a limited number of coins. right now circulating supply is like 18.5 million. max is 21 million. so 18.5 million. now as more people buy and hold their coins, the more the price goes up. lets say I have 9 million coins and you have the other 9 million. now people gonna wanna buy coins but with us having them, they gotta pay us as much as possible to acquire them. but if lets say you sell your coins, then the value of mine go down cuz theres 9 million coins out there available to buy so people won't be worrying about my coins. its like supply and demand. if the supply is low, then the demand gonna be high cuz people gonna wanna get involved, but with less product to go around, the price goes up.

yeah but what kind of confuses me is that, (from the little that I know)

the prices of most coins out there dont rise that high and fast dramatically

so I was a bit confused on how people are making money on a day by day basis?

like, I've actually bought a few coins, and from what it seems like to me, with 99% of the coins out there

they seem to increase or decrease only a few cents everyday

to me, at this point, it seems more about holding for the long term with 99% of these coins out there

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
yeah but what kind of confuses me is that, (from the little that I know)

the prices of most coins out there dont rise that high and fast dramatically

so I was a bit confused on how people are making money on a day by day basis?

like, I've actually bought a few coins, and from what it seems like to me, with 99% of the coins out there

they seem to increase or decrease only a few cents everyday

to me, at this point, it seems more about holding for the long term with 99% of these coins out there

yeah this just been some craziness lately. like xrp aka Ripple, i had some back in the summer but it wasn't doing much so I sold it for another coin. now this past week or so has been when its really been running. patience is definitely key. motherfukkers were buying bitcoin like 10 years ago when it was like a dollar or whatever it was and now its 18k. buy low and sell high is the game. shyt, it was even at like 4k back in march, wish I would've gotten 1 or just held but I got other coins that got me profit too. there's usually not much change in price on a daily basis for most coins so worth holding and waiting. you still young in the game but reading charts and learning about candlestick patterns helps. I use tradingview.com which is highly rated and great.

far as how people make money on a daily basis, well its simple. coins just like everything else, is gonna change in value all the time. I'll give you an easy example. XRP was at 45 cents at like 1 in the morning last night. lets say you buy 1000 coins at $450. then it goes up to 90 cents this evening. thats double your investment and now you got 900. but of course it was around 25 cents since september so people been waiting patiently for a while. same with other coins everyone invested in. the industry is still fairly new and lot of coins have projects going on themselves. blockchain is a difficult thing to explain since i'm not too knowledgeable with it but its a big industry that is expected to grow more. so you have some coins doing new and interesting projects and others not doing much at all and not worth it. the thing with crypto and stocks as well is that you wanna be patient and hold your investment. you gonna get taxed more if you sell too early plus you wanna make sure you make a profit. risk management and patience is the biggest lesson you can learn. cuz if not you'll suffer. never try to sell at a loss and know that things can improve at any moment.

I'll give you an example I'm currently dealing with. back early in pandemic I was browsing the thread and saw a few people mentioning Link. I got some coins. price was around $6. it went up to like $20 and I didn't sell. Market started going down and the coin dropped back down to like $7 in end of September. Stayed patient and now its reaching back up to nearly $16 and hopefully $20 soon. Bunch of coins did the same thing, I think even Bitcoin, but being patient and smart helped in the long run. Panicking would've cost me a lot more money if I sold at 7 instead of waiting. There'll be some good days and some bad days, but gotta stay focused. one of the guys in the stock thread has this saying that holds true here. "time in the market, instead of timing the market" meaning its best to be patient than impatient. stay focused and patient and keep learning and you'll be ok. just don't overwhelm yourself with this too much. its a great investment for the future and you'll see how profitable it is in the long run.

also if you have a decent amount of coins, get them off an exchange, especially if you plan to hold.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Great timing you have about 14 days to either transfer you coins to the binance us app or move the coins from binance to a ledger. Otherwise your coins will be for lack of better words gone.

Good looks. Just signed into Binance for the first time in forever and consolidated everything. Had like $1600 in random shytcoins and BTC “crumbs”. Sending it all over to Coinbase when they allow the withdrawal