1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Anyone here bought when this shyt dropped to 3k?
no, and i wish i did. :francis:

shyt stressing me out lately with all these price jumps. my alt coins are up today but i missed my shot on btc again. was waiting for that 8500 drop and i look today and this shyt done went up like $800 all of a sudden. :mindblown: might just see if it drops a bit and get 1 and save the rest of my balance or buy more eth. unless i get a huge drop and can get 1.5 btc but that would mean having the price drop to at least 8k. anything higher and I don't think its worth the risk.

97Pac

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ether been pumping. That chainlink one some yall convinced me to get has been having double digit percentage gains for the week and month. Wouldn't be surprised if it reaches $5 soon.
Yea I been holding chainlink since 2017. I'm a strong believer in the project. I talked several people into buying when it was around .30 but they all sold. Expect it to be a long term hold. I'm extremely excited about it

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Yea I been holding chainlink since 2017. I'm a strong believer in the project. I talked several people into buying when it was around .30 but they all sold. Expect it to be a long term hold. I'm extremely excited about it
Yeah I'm only up 85 bucks on it since I got in recently but hopefully it jumps off and does big numbers. Need to see what other low value alts can jump like that.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
ETH has gone up $47 since Friday afternoon. :wow:

Hopefully it reaches $300 sometime this month.

BTC prolly hit 10k again and actually just did and hovering around there.

Link has gone up like 60 cents since Friday as well.

The country is looting and crypto is booming. :wow:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt out here feeling like 2016/2017

breh not even close...I seen @ least 5 ppl who I personally know become millionaires...2017 was probably a once in a lifetime opportunity

case in point I was recently reminded that during the course of a year XVG went from $0.00002 to $0.30 ...if you invested $1000 and held on to it that shyt woulda been worth $15M @ it’s peak...that shyt is sick :mindblown:

97Pac

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
breh not even close...I seen @ least 5 ppl who I personally know become millionaires...2017 was probably a once in a lifetime opportunity

case in point I was recently reminded that during the course of a year XVG went from $0.00002 to $0.30 ...if you invested $1000 and held on to it that shyt woulda been worth $15M @ it’s peak...that shyt is sick :mindblown:
Yea I know know a few people who made so much they packed up and moved to PR for.tax reasons.

When I said 2016/2017 I meant more so I haven't been this excited about crypto since that time. My portfolio had a lot of zeros when Ethereum went over $1000. Your definitely right a bunch of shytcoins were mooning for no reason. Back in when Americans could still use Binance :mjcry:.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Yea I know know a few people who made so much they packed up and moved to PR for.tax reasons.

When I said 2016/2017 I meant more so I haven't been this excited about crypto since that time. My portfolio had a lot of zeros when Ethereum went over $1000. Your definitely right a bunch of shytcoins were mooning for no reason. Back in when Americans could still use Binance :mjcry:.
They banned Binance? Them fukkers allowed me to get hacked and take all my Tron coins. Them shyts prolly worthless now but still.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.

It'll happen again. probably not as many alts boom as 2017 but there will be some that make cats millionaires off of a 1k investment. Just gotta be in the right ones. that is the tough part figuring out which ones will boom:patrice:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
what do ya'll recommend to anyone interested in getting started? is this like stocks?

yes and no just based on the stock market being open 930 am to 4pm and this being a 24 hour thing. the charts are the same tho but thats a given based on it being an investment like stocks. Bitcoin (BTC) is the main one and then theres major alts like etheruem (ETH) and smaller ones. To use BTC as an example. Its based on its value against the US Dollar (USD). Not like a stock that has a dollar value but is based on a companies revenue, profits, assets, etc. So BTC has a limited supply of 21 million I believe. People "mine" the coins and get rewarded. It was easier in the past, I never did it, but now I hear it takes complex machines and lots of electricity. So I think major companies do the mining mostly. But thats not something you have to worry about. The thing with BTC is that its still a fairly new thing so not many people or places accept it. Plus its going against the USD, which is the biggest and most important currency in the world. So the movement of the USD can have an affect on bitcoin. People are emotional creatures so things have an effect on the USD. For example, Trump tweeted something about the national guard or the protest earlier and Bitcoin shot up in value because investors saw that Trump said some major news and it affected the value of the USD, and when the USD loses value then most likely BTC goes up. As well as other alts at times. If you know how to read charts like in stocks then that is a good thing. For now, its many different factors that can affect BTC, like having more people investing and more businesses using it as a form of payment. Many people recommend something called Hodling, which is just holding but they created their own term. The common recommendation is whats called "buy the dip" which is a stock term as well. Thats buying when the price is low or gets lower. Now its over 10k right now and who knows if it'll dip back under again. As far as getting started, it depends on your thoughts and finances. Crypto is just like stocks in that you get what you put in. You can invest lets say $1000 and if it goes up 10% you then have 1100. Or you can buy an entire coin as well. Its not like stocks where you have to buy whatever the share price is or a certain amount. Whatever amount you want to put in is fine and that determines your profit and losses. Of course bankroll management and risk management is important but thats another lesson. It is a growing industry and likely to keep growing in the future so wise to have something invested in it.