1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
Btc was 1800 beginning of 2017 now its at 6k middle of 18, tf people complain about?
It wasn't all over the news in beginning of 2017. Many people bought in at 10,12,15+ K and have lost a lot cause damn near every article was "Bitcoin to reach 100k by end of 2018, 500K by 2020!!!" And bullshyt like that. Also the people who bought in long before that are pissed because while they're still way ahead you'd be pissed if you saw an investment go up 1500%+ only to come down to 500% a few months later. Yeah you're still ahead but At the same time you were loving life when you are wayyyyyy ahead

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
It wasn't all over the news in beginning of 2017. Many people bought in at 10,12,15+ K and have lost a lot cause damn near every article was "Bitcoin to reach 100k by end of 2018, 500K by 2020!!!" And bullshyt like that. Also the people who bought in long before that are pissed because while they're still way ahead you'd be pissed if you saw an investment go up 1500%+ only to come down to 500% a few months later. Yeah you're still ahead but At the same time you were loving life when you are wayyyyyy ahead

Imagine how pissed people were when it bubbled up to $1200 back in late 2013 only to come down to $200 a few months later.

Now tell me... Would they have been better off selling and taking whatever profits they had left on the table?

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Then people started losing money and it went quiet

Nah, that's not it.

Between people coming in periodically to scream scam, shytcoin etc, it was just easier to get like minded people into a chat, n that's where we've been ever since.
No infrequent scam shouters, no Bitcoin maximalist, no Track1, just people keeping each other abreast of relevant information.

Before you ask, i don't have a link, genuinely sorry

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol: when this shyt was skyrocketing y'all nikkas kept posting articles talking about "Bitcoin to reach 100k by end of 2018 500k by end of 2019" and it was all "fast money, fast cars and fast women :myman:"

Now that shyt is tanking its "y'all need to wait 7,8,15,20 years!! Rome wasnt built in a day!!!:damn:"

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Bruh nobody knows. I wish people would just be upfront about that. I got a homie doing crypto podcasts who swore things were gonna bounce back in April. :mjlol:

nikkas gotta understand, if it’s that simple to get rich everyone would do it. The average nikka on the net swears he has more info than people worth billions who are like :hubie: when it comes to this whole shyt. nikkas were shytting on Buffett. :mjlol: of all people.

shyt moving now

Still waiting for it to dip to 5k tho

And I really don't get what y'all get out of knocking brehs in here just hoping to make a come up in one of our rare opportunities to do so.

I usually don't even respond to y'all but what do you seek to accomplish? I'm getting some serious :mjpls: vibes from that shyt.

Breh come on. That’s likely due to all the people talking shyt on the other side. nikkas talking bout Lambos and calling other folks broke is bound to build up some resentment. Especially when it’s dealing with something that most people perceive as BS and most shills can’t explain how it works.

I copped some crypto cuz of the hype and am down. Even tho I’m losin money I’m curious to see which folks talk with sense and which folks are in denial. A barber at the shop I go to swore bitcoin was his path to riches. Everyday he talked about that shyt. Now he’s quiet and in denial. :mjlol:

All Star
Daps
Ethereum classic available later today 5pm PST on coinbase. It’s only $12-13 right now so get in Incase this shyt moons.
:ahh:

Almost took an L on that. Was gonna buy some BTC (week hold) and exchange it next week for more ETC. Had no idea Coinbase was listing it today. Whoever got it at $12 yesterday came up.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there is a "future" for crypto currencies but right now it's actually just a platform for money launderers, criminal organizations (financial and otherwise), and intel agencies to help grease the wheels of their operations - it's "price" is completely unmoored from any rational, commonly accepted norms which typically determine fluctuations in asset values.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I remember when this thread was lit :wow:

Man What !!! :russ:

ForsakenSmallFantail-size_restricted.gif

Y96P3fx.gif

Now :mjcry::mjcry::damn::wow:

empty-office-picture-id200135641-001

:russ:

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
there is a "future" for crypto currencies but right now it's actually just a platform for money launderers, criminal organizations (financial and otherwise), and intel agencies to help grease the wheels of their operations - it's "price" is completely unmoored from any rational, commonly accepted norms which typically determine fluctuations in asset values.

thing I keep saying

Is that if they want these things to be usable and the wave of the future they actually gotta behave like ACTUAL fukkING CURRENCY

which means easy to use, easy to buy and sell goods with and widely adopted

The day you can take your bitcoin...go into a supermarket and buy a crate of eggs, some beers and some flowers for your girl EASILY with low transaction times and very small fees IF ANY then you have something

Right now these shyts are people hoarding(or that stupid fukking HODL bullshyt) these things hoping they continually rise to the moon

DirtyMoney

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Na son....don't feel stupid

You exhibited common sense and took profits ..assuming you changed it into real currency
Yeah but i had 160+ coins though man. I literally made like $3k but thats 2-3mil today. I shoulda let that shyt slow cook but I cashed out.

All G. Cant win em all.