Supporter
Daps
June 24th 2013: BTC = $102.44

June 24th 2014: BTC = $571.57

June 24th 2015: BTC = $240.82

June 24th 2016: BTC = $651.17

June 24th 2017: BTC = $2688.44

June 24th 2018: BTC = $6187.31

Just a little perspective. I'm completely invested in altcoins though so I hope BTC drops to 3k, if it does I might grab a whole coin and just hold on. Otherwise I might just cop a fraction of one soon.

And hopefully at some point the market decouples from BTC. With a couple more exchanges outside of coinbase looking like they're about to start offering and/or expanding fiat to crypto purchases, and on more coins than just Bitcoin and Ethereum, I think it's a matter of time.

Also hopefully the market keeps dropping because I'm trying to get in on these chinese coins at rock bottom. More NEO, more VEN, and I'm about to jump on QTUM too.

Trying to just focus on getting a position on my top 15 or so coins at the lowest price points possible, and then I just wait for the government rulings on coin regulations, the improved regulation safety and ease of use of the crypto marketplaces, and more cryptos actually being used in day to day life. Gonna treat the money like it's already lost and just see what happens a couple years from now.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This has always been a long term investment. Only ones bitter are those who thought they'd make a quick flip. All of you laughing at those who still believe in this, come talk to us in 3 years. :sas1:

If some of the jawns I’m in take off over the next five to ten years I’mma be in Africa somewhere chilling. I hope this bear market last until the winter too because I need to stack up heavy. Most of this stuff was fueled by speculation last year. What determines if it’s fad or not is if the world actually starts using some of these cryptos and if they do, a lot of cats gonna be salty they was hating instead of taking advantage.

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
How many ICOs are you willing to jump in before you get burned?

Alt coins have been relatively flat since the last week in Dec. Projects like verge and TRX, did not meet the hype. And let's be real this game is 95% hype. Very few people understand those whitepapers or what's behind them.

Once the coin pump became less effective, the rush to jump on ICOs is what's happening now.

IF YOU MAKE MONEY, by all means do you. However IMO the ICO rush is the beginning of huge correction in crypto.

I know it's Easy to say there's going to be a correction, because there's always a correction.

I could be wrong, but I have gut feeling about the direction the game is taking.
Bump

LordOfTheTalentedAndLazy

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The point of the game at this point is to find projects with real world use. There's plenty of blockchain projects out that could actually do big things in the future but hey, who knows what'll pan out. Do your research, but at the end of the day it's all still a gamble. Try to pick smart and just be able to live with the results.

I'll say this though, I'd much rather do my research and put some money down now on some projects I really believe in and LOSE, than be a fakkit who sits around talking shyt instead of investing and then the market blows later :yeshrug:

I can live with losing whatever I invested at this point, but knowing I missed the opportunity when I had the money available, when this shyt is basically still in its infancy stages, that shyt would eat at me. I guess we'll see what happens in time though.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Received 4/26 airdrops I applied for. Currently only one of these coins is ICOing at $1 a coin (I got 90 of them free) the rest have "no value" but if one hits, it makes the couple of hours I spent on this worth it.

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Part of me believes this shyt at this point is being used to take money out of the economy in large amounts at a time.

That being said I put up about $5k into it and wrote my fair of trading scripts over time. Probably going to cash out about 80% of what I have into it. It's slowing down a ton and big money has their hands all over it with ICOs catering to them, can't really compete with that.

It needs to generate another gold rush, meaning a real world application that isn't BS. It all sounds great when it stays on the computer/online but "the map is not the terrain." That's one of the reasons why it blew up in the first place, you could buy shyt online with it. But now a lot of that stuff that was once "bitcoin only" is purchasable with fiat. When people found out that it also wasn't fully private, it dented it's use cases as well.

The only way for it to have real world implications is if it stabilizes and stops fluctuating. Major companies like Amazon aren't going to fully invest in something that can lose 10x it's value after a week.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Ya?