1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
A lot of folks were feeling themselves last year, holding their chat room to people's faces. Then go on to talk about "my people."

Even now that I'm making money as an engineer, if people need advice I'm more than willing to give it because I want to see everybody come up.

Some folks really aren't stable.
That first chat was pure trash, dudes like Logic reigns supreme just patting themselves on the back and not helping anyone who was new. Dude would laugh when Swaga got washed based on his shytty calls then he'd say some dumb shyt about perishing in his lambo dust. Dude was a pure fakkit.

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
And yet it's followed TA almost exactly, the technology is here to stay. You'll be saying this exact same thing when it eventually touches $40k and has a retrace to $8k. As long as BTC is the gate keeper to other cryptos with tangible use cases it will have a value, and eventually something could replace BTC but Block chain isn't going anywhere.

Explain the block chain technology to me. I know what it is already but I wanna hear why you think it's gonna take Bitcoin to the Moon and why it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
That first chat was pure trash, dudes like Logic reigns supreme just patting themselves on the back and not helping anyone who was new. Dude would laugh when Swaga got washed based on his shytty calls then he'd say some dumb shyt about perishing in his lambo dust. Dude was a pure fakkit.

Yeah breh, it was sad because there were some cool folks, but too many were too scared to check the megalomaniacs.

Toxic people can ruin a utopia if you give them a lane.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Explain the block chain technology to me

No offense but why are you in here giving advice if you don't understand the tech? It's a distributed ledger that makes it essentially unhackable since the data is not stored in 1 single location and needs multiple confirmations to process transactions. What's holding block chain back right now is speed, the fastest transactions are only about 2/3 as fast as credit cards which makes its use as a currency difficult until the scaling and speed issues are fixed.

It's an early technology finding use cases, saying it's going to get ugly when the tech is just learning to crawl is ridiculous

FSP

Banned
Daps
So basically I’ve missed the bitcoin wave :martin:
Did anybody in here even make money off this sh!t :mjlol:
Bro you're looking at this the opposite way, like your username

You didn't miss the wave if it's coming back around.

And no, most people didn't, because they got involved too late. I see this thread as kind of a microcosm of wider society. Looking at the correlation between Bitcoin's price, how fast this thread moves during price rises and drops, and gauging mainstream interest based off of Google searches for "bitcoin" at the same time. They're all moving in sync with each other. That's why I say most people didn't make much money, unless you had thousands to drop off rip, or you got involved early 2017. Because if they did, this thread would be full of millionaires.

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
No offense but why are you in here giving advice if you don't understand the tech? It's a distributed ledger that makes it essentially unhackable since the data is not stored in 1 single location and needs multiple confirmations to process transactions. What's holding block chain back right now is speed, the fastest transactions are only about 2/3 as fast as credit cards which makes its use as a currency difficult until the scaling and speed issues are fixed.

It's an early technology finding use cases, saying it's going to get ugly when the tech is just learning to crawl is ridiculous

I already know what it is I just wanted to get your perspectives on it. Alot of people like to use the cloak of its "technology" therefore I can make irrational decisions because well its "technology". It's a ledger to prevent the double spend dilemma. It's not actually hackable proof the system has been compromised before. High transaction fees, high energy usage, no recourse to lost or stolen coins. I haven't even gotten into the bottlenecking speed problems that are ingrained in the "block chain" technology that's gonna change the world. But y'all go ahead and wait for Bitcoin to reach 40k.

FSP

Banned
Daps
I already know what it is I just wanted to get your perspectives on it. Alot of people like to use the cloak of its "technology" therefore I can make irrational decisions because well its "technology". It's a ledger to prevent the double spend dilemma. It's not actually hackable proof the system has been compromised before. High transaction fees, high energy usage, no recourse to lost or stolen coins. I haven't even gotten into the bottlenecking speed problems that are ingrained in the "block chain" technology that's gonna change the world. But y'all go ahead and wait for Bitcoin to reach 40k.
40k is a low number. It reached 20k off of hype alone and that's with the infrastructure being like 5% finished in my opinion.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Show me a single time the block chain itself has been hacked, not the exchanges but actual instance when block chain has been compromised.

I already mentioned speed being an issue however we've already seen massive jumps in short periods of time, Nano is over 250 times faster than BTC. High transactions fees? You're clearly just talking out your ass now, segwit has dramatically dropped the cost of fees on Btc transfers in the last 2 months or did you miss that development:mjlol:

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
40k is a low number. It reached 20k off of hype alone and that's with the infrastructure being like 5% finished in my opinion.

Infrastructure the way Bitcoin is designed doesn't matter. You can't pass a penny throw a drinking straw no matter how many extensions you add onto it. You have to replace the whole straw and doing so Bitcoin would not be Bitcoin so what is the point of me buying Bitcoin than.

FSP

Banned
Daps
Infrastructure the way Bitcoin is designed doesn't matter. You can't pass a penny throw a drinking straw no matter how many extensions you add onto it. You have to replace the whole straw and doing so Bitcoin would not be Bitcoin so what is the point of me buying Bitcoin than.
Totally untrue. Infrastructure is everything. Especially in Networking, especially in Computer Science and especially in Economics and Bitcoin is a convergence of all 3. The most ignorant thing you could possibly have said

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
Show me a single time the block chain itself has been hacked, not the exchanges but actual instance when block chain has been compromised.

I already mentioned speed being an issue however we've already seen massive jumps in short periods of time, Nano is over 250 times faster than BTC. High transactions fees? You're clearly just talking out your ass now, segwit has dramatically dropped the cost of fees on Btc transfers in the last 2 months or did you miss that development:mjlol:

See this how I know you don't know much about Bitcoins or the so called technology you claim to know. In 2010 someone added 184 billion new Bitcoins to the unhackable technology you just stated. They reset the original ledgers with a soft fork after discovering the hack. One thing about hacks is they usually keep getting better with time. If you honestly thought Bitcoin was unhackable your a jackass.

FSP

Banned
Daps
See this how I know you don't no much about Bitcoins. In 2010 someone added 184 billion new Bitcoins to the unhackable technology you just stated. They reset the original ledgers with a soft fork. One thing about hacks is they usually keep getting better with time. If you honestly thought Bitcoin was unhackable your a jackass.
Actually as the network grows with time the possibility of hacking becomes smaller. At this time Bitcoin takes up around 20% of global computational power so it's not getting hacked unless someone comes up with at least another 20% of that.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
See this how I know you don't no much about Bitcoins. In 2010 someone added 184 billion new Bitcoins to the unhackable technology you just stated. They reset the original ledgers with a soft fork. One thing about hacks is they usually keep getting better with time. If you honestly thought Bitcoin was unhackable your a jackass.

It's 2018, what happened to BTC in it's infancy has no bearing on today. I know nothing about BTC yet you're harping on about high transaction fees when those were addressed two months ago. Do you think hackers have just stopped trying to compromise Bitcoin?

FSP

Banned
Daps
It's 2018, what happened to BTC in it's infancy has no bearing on today. I know nothing about BTC yet you're harping on about high transaction fees when those were addressed two months ago. Do you think hackers have just stopped trying to compromise Bitcoin?
lmao..there was legit only around 4 or 5 blockchain engineers in existence at that time