1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

FSP

Banned
Daps
Alt season was basically a failed experiment for crypto. It could have gained long term mainstream sustainability but the infrastructure just wasn't there yet. Just too soon. In a few years though, it'll be ready

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
We're in the 5th wave now, the end is getting close, once this last leg is done we should be out of the downward channel and back on the uptrend. That said, BTC could drop all the way to $3-4k with some bad news out of G20, but we're almost out of the woods. Hopefully we can get some consolidation after this, then start the hike back north to ATH.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
i live outside the US so I am curious

I always heard that capitals gains taxes can be pretty easily massaged...how do big money investors deal with it?

Must be a way because they are cleaning the fukk up easily over the last decade

it's not that, it's that some of these guys weren't considering them because there was no oversight (or the led people to believe this) now IRS is coming after people or will be coming after people. There was an article stating that the catalyst for this recent downtrading is people liquidating their positions to pay for taxes.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
No one's bailing on crypto because of taxes.

New investors discovering they have hefty tax bills to pay may be contributing to bitcoin's fall

Bitcoin Price Crashed in Mass Selloff as Crypto Owners Try to Avoid Taxes

https://cointelegraph.com/news/australian-tax-office-to-crack-down-on-crypto-tax-evaders

Do You Own Bitcoin? The IRS Is Coming for You

The tax man is coming for Bitcoin billionaires – The Wall Street Journal - BizNews.com

do you mind posting your sources that state the contrary?

You and others are continuously saying stuff about taxes and IRS like it's some small issue, it's a big issue and if you made any decent money in crypto you wouldn't be saying what you are saying.

In addition, I never stated anyone was bailing on crypto - I said people may be selling due in lieu of the upcoming tax bill

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
it's not that, it's that some of these guys weren't considering them because there was no oversight (or the led people to believe this) now IRS is coming after people or will be coming after people. There was an article stating that the catalyst for this recent downtrading is people liquidating their positions to pay for taxes.

Eh, Peter Brandt called for an 80% retrace which had nothing to do with taxes -

Essentially BTC went up entirely too quickly without the adequate support levels and had to come back down before it could ever reach back for new highs.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:mjcry: trying to figure out if I should sell I got 1000XBY coins right now and it's like -$230 off the bat and most of my coins are in the red but I don't want to have weak hands...

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
:mjcry: trying to figure out if I should sell I got 1000XBY coins right now and it's like -$230 off the bat and most of my coins are in the red but I don't want to have weak hands...

No, but be aware that we still aren't done with the drops.

We should bounce today, then dump before / after the G20 and if there's any bit of negative news BTC will take a big plunge.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
No, but be aware that we still aren't done with the drops.

We should bounce today, then dump before / after the G20 and if there's any bit of negative news BTC will take a big plunge.

:sadcam: that's what I am worried about...

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
We're in the 5th wave now, the end is getting close, once this last leg is done we should be out of the downward channel and back on the uptrend. That said, BTC could drop all the way to $3-4k with some bad news out of G20, but we're almost out of the woods. Hopefully we can get some consolidation after this, then start the hike back north to ATH.
I'm down almost $7k of my 20. This shyt needs not plateau off immediately. I'm already invested to long hold so there's a definite urge to buy another coin if it drops below $6k but fukk it's risky. Due to these regulations mostly.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps

based on what?