1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
You're not dropping 3k on a coin thats under a dollar unless you already got money lying around bro. I've heard of that happening, but honestly it wasn't anywhere near the norm, because It was mostly by people already making 100k+. It was mostly a myth because it required such good timing to make that level gain. Especially if you didn't know about it until December lol. Making those gains are actually still possible too, but you're right I think, it's going to be when everyone loses interest. The first rule I learned was that crypto will make a fool out of everybody

Nah, there are definitely loads of people who made a lot of money, the market cap was $800 billion in December/Jan and a lot of people took profits hence where we are today. There was a lot of group think going on when it came to investing in coins and people would just take the words of others and put money into XRP, Tron, XVG, XRB etc. Where do you think the money for XRB/NANO to go from $40 million in mcap to $4 billion in a month? It was new people riding the wave and mainstream media telling them what to invest in.

There are no rules in crypto, and don't listen to people telling you to hold, they want you to be bag holders to maintain the value of the coin while they dump at highs and rebuy when it drops or just exit with USD.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
What apps y’all use to buy other crypto? I’m using coinbase right now. It’s Simple but only 4 crypto to buy
Not apps, but exchanges. You buy BTC or ETH from Coinbase and transfer it to an exchange and buy altcoins.

The most popular exchanges are binance, kucoin, cryptopia, huobi and some lesser known ones.

FSP

Banned
Daps
Nah, there are definitely loads of people who made a lot of money, the market cap was $800 billion in December/Jan and a lot of people took profits hence where we are today. There was a lot of group think going on when it came to investing in coins and people would just take the words of others and put money into XRP, Tron, XVG, XRB etc. Where do you think the money for XRB/NANO to go from $40 million in mcap to $4 billion in a month? It was new people riding the wave and mainstream media telling them what to invest in.

There are no rules in crypto, and don't listen to people telling you to hold, they want you to be bag holders to maintain the value of the coin while they dump at highs and rebuy when it drops or just exit with USD.
People made money, but people didn't hop in and get out with perfect timing like that. Yeah you could look at where it was and how high it got to, but 99% of people did not time it that correctly to make that kind of gain. That's a very rare thing to do. And if you made 50x gains and got rich, it was because you had thousands to sink in on a whim to a coin you hadn't heard of before last week. The best narrative for that argument was early 2017, where no matter when you got out as long as it was after Thanksgiving you were guaranteed to be up 20, 30, 40x or even more. But like I said, that's still a full year of waiting

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
People made money, but people didn't hop in and get out with perfect timing like that. Yeah you could look at where it was and how high it got to, but 99% of people did not time it that correctly to make that kind of gain. That's a very rare thing to do. And if you made 50x gains and got rich, it was because you had thousands to sink in on a whim to a coin you hadn't heard of before last week. The best narrative for that argument was early 2017, where no matter when you got out as long as it was after Thanksgiving you were guaranteed to be up 20, 30, 40x or even more. But like I said, that's still a full year of waiting

Fam, I did 26x in a month, pulled profits out and am kicking myself for not putting in 10x as much but I'm still sitting comfortably and just waiting for the market to come out of the bear cycle. I would have been up even more had I not listened to nonsensical hold ideology at the start, it's about making money and protecting profits is the only way to live. You can almost always get back in and "hodl" with the same coin after it retraces.

You don't want to think people got rich, but there are plenty that did in that bull run there was just too much money going around and people were hitting the lottery everywhere. I know what I made, and I know I'd be sitting like a king had I devoted even more money at the start, or hopped out of the coin earlier to jump into another one that I knew was going to rise.

FSP

Banned
Daps
Fam, I did 26x in a month, pulled profits out and am kicking myself for not putting in 10x as much but I'm still sitting comfortably and just waiting for the market to come out of the bear cycle. I would have been up even more had I not listened to nonsensical hold ideology at the start, it's about making money and protecting profits is the only way to live. You can almost always get back in and "hodl" with the same coin after it retraces.

You don't want to think people got rich, but there are plenty that did in that bull run there was just too much money going around and people were hitting the lottery everywhere. I know what I made, and I know I'd be sitting like a king had I devoted even more money at the start, or hopped out of the coin earlier to jump into another one that I knew was going to rise.
I never said any of that, to the contrary what you say is kinda my point. People who got rich, made the same 26x you did, except they put in 50k instead of 10k. You feel me? A 26x, is a good haul but it's not lambo money that people were expecting from a few k.
Putting a few k into a coin that was worth .001c on some dodgy exchange..that gave you a 100x return, you better believe those people had the $$ to begin with to make that risk. What I'm saying is you didn't go from broke to rich..and 50k isn't rich

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps

Everyone told me I was doing it wrong when I said that I believe in coin hopping. Some held litecoin and i dumped it at $360, dumped verge at .29. My mistake was not taking profit, I was a noob and got greedy. Lesson learned.

Hodl is for suckers.

Last edited:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
I never said any of that, to the contrary what you say is kinda my point. People who got rich, made the same 26x you did, except they put in 50k instead of 10k. You feel me? A 26x is a good haul but it's not lambo money that people were expecting from a few k.
Putting a few k into a coin that was worth .001c on some dodgy exchange..you better believe those people had the $$ to begin with to make that risk. What I'm saying is you didn't go from broke to rich..and 50k isn't rich

Breh, I literally just showed you an example of a coin that could have made someone nearly half a million dollars with $3000. You just added this new stipulation of it being from broke to rich, originally it was just about getting rich, someone who has $3000 to spare on some coins isn't broke, but they aren't rich, and putting that in Vechain, XRP, NANO etc in the first week of December wasn't some hail mary, those were coins being hyped up (especially Nano) which is exactly why they had explosive growth. On December 2nd Nano was .24, I'm sure if I dig up stories from then I will find loads of shilling posts and news stories saying to buy XRB/Nano.

There were people taking out loans to get into this, so it wasn't just rich people getting more.

FSP

Banned
Daps
Breh, I literally just showed you an example of a coin that could have made someone nearly half a million dollars with $3000. You just added this new stipulation of it being from broke to rich, originally it was just about getting rich, someone who has $3000 to spare on some coins isn't broke, but they aren't rich, and putting that in Vechain, XRP, NANO etc in the first week of December wasn't some hail mary, those were coins being hyped up (especially Nano) which is exactly why they had explosive growth. On December 2nd Nano was .24, I'm sure if I dig up stories from then I will find loads of shilling posts and news stories saying to buy XRB/Nano.

There were people taking out loans to get into this, so it wasn't just rich people getting more.
That is major hindsight bias in that example

If you got in on that 1 day and exited on that other day yeah , but, that's not how people move. You could say that about literally any stock and make an example out of that. Very few people got rich in that short timeframe. No, it wasn't a lot. It was very few. Hodling for years is what made most people in crypto rich

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude really keeps everything in one MEW? :wtf:

This dude broadcasting to the world how much he has and is walking around Colombia right now? All somebody gotta do is run up on him and press him for the trezor or nano + code and it's a wrap.

Rule Number Uno, never let no one know
How much dough you hold cause you know
The cheddar breed jealousy especially
If that man fukked up, get yo' ass stuck up
:wow:

He was in Russia not too long ago. It's nothing for the wolves to find out what hotel he's at.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
I don't have any choice but to hold cause the coins I put a few hundred in ain't done shyt but decreased in value since I put bread into them
:mjlol:

What do yal think ETH is going to be at by the end of the year?

I would say close to $2000, I don’t think we’ll have a massive bull run this year, but things will turn around for modest growth.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
:mjlol: Like clockwork.

After talking with the ICX team, Ian said it’s all good and he is keeping his “bonus” tokens even though he said he was selling all of it.

Daps
An someone school me on what's happening with VEN tomorrow? I'm reading about some deadline for a node or something, but another article today says VEN will still be on exchanges like Binance. I hold a lot of it and it's still on Binance and I don't have any wallet to put it in. Am I fukked?

:lupe:

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
I never said any of that, to the contrary what you say is kinda my point. People who got rich, made the same 26x you did, except they put in 50k instead of 10k. You feel me? A 26x, is a good haul but it's not lambo money that people were expecting from a few k.
Putting a few k into a coin that was worth .001c on some dodgy exchange..that gave you a 100x return, you better believe those people had the $$ to begin with to make that risk. What I'm saying is you didn't go from broke to rich..and 50k isn't rich

I can agree that most people didn't go from poverty to millionaire in two months, but even if you didn't get rich, you could've positioned yourself beautifully if you were mindful and fought the greed impulse.

I know someone who came in with like 4k, and now they're up around 40k. Not rich, but should the market pick up n approach the levels of this prior bullrun, that 40k can EASILY hit 1.5 millie level, with the right picks.