09/21/24 DAZN PPV: Riyadh Season Wembley Edition: Anthony Joshua vs Daniel Dubois (IBF Heavyweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Joshua-Dubois Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dubois Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I definitely thought Dubois had a good chance to win but I didn't think he could make it look that easy

Gotta wonder if Usyk just retires if he wins the Fury rematch also. Dubois is only 27 and looks like he's entering his prime, meanwhile Usyk is on the wrong side of 30. I don't know if he wants a rematch with Dubois now

we can argue Uysk already lost to Dubois, and if he beats Fury again there won't be many big pay days so may as well retire

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Dubois is a damn good fighter.
AJ fought a dumb fight. Had a little success when he was working behind da jab and keepin his distance a little bit in da last two rounds but was too late by then.

He clipped dubois hard at da end fighting that way, easily coulda been a knockout punch and Dubois ate that.

Gotta see the replay but it looked like AJ at the end of round 1 made the same rookie mistake he made vs Ruiz in their first fight:

That is, he got some good shots in (vs Ruiz he'd just scored a knock down) but then proceeds to lose his damn mind throwing recklessly, leaving himself exposed to get countered/hit flush. Same thing happened in the 5th when Daniel finally put him down.

Just very undisciplined low IQ boxing. He's always been robotic but tonight just seemed like a complete regression from that 2nd Usyk fight in which he seemed a bit more nimble and sharp.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
The ref should have ruled this a TKO much earlier
I'm kinda glad he didn't after that long wait. Got to see a bit of a scrap.

Maaaan imagine waiting that long and Joshua messed around and get Ko'd the first round.

I'd be pissed. Anyone that betted on Dubois probrably wouldn't have been though lol.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Yep, he came up against a young gun and fell apart

AJ looked flustered as soon as Dubois came out and commanded the center of the ring. He thought he was going to box so he could try to pot shot him and look pretty.

This Dubois is looking really different right now. Throwback fighter...just going out looking for the KO. Then he has ridiculous cardio to match. :dead:

The punches AJ hit him with before the KO would have put down most fighters. Great conditioning.