Kendrick Lamar - Euphoria (Drake Diss)

Ellen Degeneres

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt is insanely complex and full of entendres. Kendrick's strong suit has always been that he can make a hit song that slaps, but through metaphors it has a deeper meaning (ADHD, Humble, Swimming Pools etc). If you're his opponent in a battle, he will use this lyrical ability to kill you. This is what sets him apart from Pusha T. NBA is jamming his diss :dj2: streams are increasing and people are spinning and casually enjoying the song where he's literally shytting on Drake. Like this nikka might actually send Drake into a depression.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve been predicting this for years. I’ve said Drake has meticulously avoided smoke with KDot because unlike some of his other beef counterparts he has both the skill and popularity to run a fair one when at the end of the day it’s going to come down to bars. Kendrick arguably the 2nd most popular rapper of this generation today.
I’m not going to over-analyze this but one thing Drake is calculated. The turned down feature was is his eyes the perfect time. Not only did he think he could get Cole involved, Kendrick was at a quiet point after not only dropping an album that lacked success to produce a single like his last project but he was going thru changes with his label… and then add to it he wasn’t being featured on songs hitting the charts. It was what he thought was his opportunity

Ellen Degeneres

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m not going to over-analyze this but one thing Drake is calculated. The turned down feature was is his eyes the perfect time. Not only did he think he could get Cole involved, Kendrick was at a quiet point after not only dropping an album that lacked success to produce a single like his last project but he was going thru changes with his label… and then add to it he wasn’t being featured on songs hitting the charts. It was what he thought was his opportunity
Has this approach ever worked in rap? :ahh:

Tapp

All Star
Daps
I just don’t understand why people think so highly of Drake’s rapping ability. Yeah he make fun music for going out , but he is not one of them ones. I think people like that fake ngga because he validates some of these fake ppl out here.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
This.

I’m legit shocked at how this turned out. I didn’t think, foolishly I might add, that Kendrick had the mainstream culture like that. He’s not even playing IG games and got the kids on his side.

:wow:

I was out shopping with my teenage daughter on the day it dropped and when we arrived at the store we were going to, we stayed parked in the car to hear it all the way through (it was my first time listening to it as well) and she was really into it and dissecting the lyrics lol

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Has this approach ever worked in rap? :ahh:
I’m not calling this ether lol, but history repeats itself. Media outlets and the industry was trying to force the narrative that Jay won for months… the streets kept saying different and everything eventually corrected itself and history now has Nas as the winner.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
That line where he says "I'm what the culture Feelin'" says a lot.

I think it alludes to Metro and Future and maybe to Ross to an extent. I strongly believe Drake's peers and a lot of the older rap dudes simply tolerate him. I funny think any of those dudes really like Drake. They just know that they can go to him and get a hit. It seems like Push was the first to say "fukk you", but Kenny is the only one big enough because unlike the rest of them, he doesn't need Drake for a hit record.

And I forgot about the Pharrell and Swizz shyt.