ZERO ZERO ZERO - Crime TV Series (From Gomorrah Producers/Amazon/Trailer)

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought this was just okay. My homie overhyped it and this thread is doing the same.

I wasn’t attached to any character, I didn’t care if the shipment made it to Italy, I felt the Mexico storyline was unnecessary to the story. (it was dope, but how did it serve the story).

Great technical execution though.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I thought this was just okay. My homie overhyped it and this thread is doing the same.

I wasn’t attached to any character, I didn’t care if the shipment made it to Italy, I felt the Mexico storyline was unnecessary to the story. (it was dope, but how did it serve the story).

this.

no idea how they are trying to put this in the same league with any season of Narcos

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps

Narcos is localized to tell a more focused story. Zerox3 is more ambitious in that it tries to show wholesale to shipping/distribution to retail and all that goes with it. It's just a wider scope, and there's nothing bad about having that kind of ambition because that big picture needs to be looked at. Saviano & Co messed up by focusing on the Americans in the middle and trying to turn it into this great drama...which wasn't necessary at all. I suspect it's because they don't know the US side of things as well as the other two.

Pretty much Saviano should meet up with Simon & Burns from The Wire for a good three-month sabbatical and simply let the magic happen.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Narcos is localized to tell a more focused story. Zerox3 is more ambitious in that it tries to show wholesale to shipping/distribution to retail and all that goes with it. It's just a wider scope, and there's nothing bad about having that kind of ambition because that big picture needs to be looked at. Saviano & Co messed up by focusing on the Americans in the middle and trying to turn it into this great drama...which wasn't necessary at all. I suspect it's because they don't know the US side of things as well as the other two.

Pretty much Saviano should meet up with Simon & Burns from The Wire for a good three-month sabbatical and simply let the magic happen.

It wasn’t terrible. I thought it was just okay. I blame my homie for setting expectations too high. :heh:

I get what they were trying to do. It just didn’t connect for me. They gave me no reason to root for the characters with maybe the exception of the Broker’s daughter and the son.

I think of the wire. Each of the facets of the game they decided to explore, dealers, users, police, dock workers, students etc, they created compelling characters that you rooted for.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
I'm only 50 pages into the book.

And there's no way that did the book justice unless they are planning on doing 5+ seasons.

And 5 seasons is a conservative estimate.

Yall remember the Gangland episode where the Mexican Cartel training up some Mexican Gang in Cali and hired them to hit a rival cartel boss, but they killed a high ranking Cardinal instead? It even covers that.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The thing is the book had no real plot, it was more like an economic thesis, with some on the ground reporting (the dealer in Milan)

Per my memory, it didn't feature any well to do family in America trafficking into Italy either.