Zerlina Maxwell: Intelligent, Beautiful MSNBC Commentator

Daps
Reppin
NULL
she's currently participating in a panel on tv one.

all of these beautiful and intelligent black women in one room. :noah: i'm jealous of roland martin.

jwall123

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Baudimore
Just listened to her "rant" on rape. She makes a great point in saying that men should be trained "not to rape." However, it is not practical.

You cannot tell a criminal not to commit a crime. If a person did decide to commit rape, then what would she do?:yeshrug:

Idk what the answer is; but a multifaceted approach to preventing rape may be in order. Maybe a combination of training women to use guns, a barrage of ads stating if you rape you may be killed by a trained woman, and exposing rape as wrong (as if we didnt know this) could alleviate this issue.

Before anyone misconstrues what I am saying, I love women and DO NOT CONDONE RAPE!

Any thoughts?:ld:

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Edit

Im not a rapist though and would like to think im at no risk of being raped. :hmm:

The aim of rape prevention should be teaching women to defend themselves, because there will always be rapists and they will always .............. well............ rape :manny:
Thats just the reality of it.

This is a good point actually. They should do that more in different communities...unfortunately no matter how well trained you are a man can still overpower and rape you...I think she was probably touching on rape culture, which is a whole other complicated story.