Zendaya gets train ran on her by two cacs in new tennis film : Challengers

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
1. This is how I honestly imagine running a 2 man with your homie would go with a girl yall both FW.

2. Zendaya is going to eventually be an A-lister (I think you can argue she’s close there already), and I still don’t know if she has real range
She is an A-lister. Movies are sold off her name alone.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I don't know if we've seen the movie you can make that conclusion off of though. This movie had a 50m budget and likely won't break even. And this one was her biggest spot she's been in as the main lead.

I'd give her like B-lister, as she seems like a turbo charged female co-star atp.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
I don't know if we've seen the movie you can make that conclusion off of though. This movie had a 50m budget and likely won't break even. And this one was her biggest spot she's been in as the main lead.

I'd give her like B-lister, as she seems like a turbo charged female co-star atp.
Who’s a bigger star around her age?

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps

breh she was just in Dune 2 as the main female lead. She's an A lister

Challenger movie could have been better but it was good. A few things held it back

Last edited:

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Who’s a bigger star around her age?
Her current partner is also 27 so…him for one. I think Zendaya’s bigger than Sweeney to studios (maybe not to horny dudes on the internet), but her romcom with Hangman did 219m on a 25m budget. This movie may not do half that with double the investment…I think if she gets her “Spiderman”, I could definitely see her lapping Zendaya.

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
breh she was just in Dune 2 as the main female lead. She's an A lister

movie could have been better but it was good. A few things held it back
That franchise is built on Chalamet and it’s an ensemble cast. Austin Butler had more presence and a higher market share of that movie than she did in it :kanyeshrug: to be fair, her character is a supplemental character to this point. She should be top 3-4 in importance behind the three Atreides in the next movie, I believe, so she’ll have more impact.

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
- I'm just gonna paste this list from the comments:

__
Box office success over the past 5 years outside of a single film or franchise AND a top tier back catalogue of performances - the current box office bankers:

Scarlett Johansson, Emily Blunt, Amy Adams, Margot Robbie, Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone

Top tier back catalogue but a relative lower box office return outside of a single film or franchise over the past 5 years - the box office legends:

Jessica Chastain, Cate Blanchett, Sandra Bullock, Reece Witherspoon, Angelina Jolie, Julia Roberts, Melissa McCarthy, Meryl Streep, Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman, Jenifer Aniston, Natalie Portman, Kate Winslet, Helen Mirren, Helena Bonham Carter, Sigourney Weaver, Halle Berry

Starting to build the box office returns outside of a single film or franchise and also building an interesting back catalogue - potential future box office mainstays:

Zendaya, Florence Pugh, Anya Taylor-Joy, Millie Bobby Brown, Ana de Armas, Saoirse Ronan, Elizabeth Olsen, Rachel McAdams, Lupita Nyong'o, Karen Gillen
__

The whole second tier is more or less legacy acts, but if you look at who's in that third tier with Zendaya and who's in that first tier, it'd be hard as hell to say she's closer to that first tier than the third one IMO. Emma may be #1 of her generation, but she did $120m for Poor Things as the entire linchpin of that movie. That's A-lister to me

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Which ones? This is the only one I can think of that's marketed on her star power alone. Spider Man is established. Dune is established.
You can argue Euphoria put her at the A list level, but that's TV

Id say if this is a financial success, she's firmly A list.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
- I'm just gonna paste this list from the comments:

__
Box office success over the past 5 years outside of a single film or franchise AND a top tier back catalogue of performances - the current box office bankers:

Scarlett Johansson, Emily Blunt, Amy Adams, Margot Robbie, Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone

Top tier back catalogue but a relative lower box office return outside of a single film or franchise over the past 5 years - the box office legends:

Jessica Chastain, Cate Blanchett, Sandra Bullock, Reece Witherspoon, Angelina Jolie, Julia Roberts, Melissa McCarthy, Meryl Streep, Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman, Jenifer Aniston, Natalie Portman, Kate Winslet, Helen Mirren, Helena Bonham Carter, Sigourney Weaver, Halle Berry

Starting to build the box office returns outside of a single film or franchise and also building an interesting back catalogue - potential future box office mainstays:

Zendaya, Florence Pugh, Anya Taylor-Joy, Millie Bobby Brown, Ana de Armas, Saoirse Ronan, Elizabeth Olsen, Rachel McAdams, Lupita Nyong'o, Karen Gillen
__

The whole second tier is more or less legacy acts, but if you look at who's in that third tier with Zendaya and who's in that first tier, it'd be hard as hell to say she's closer to that first tier than the third one IMO. Emma may be #1 of her generation, but she did $120m for Poor Things as the entire linchpin of that movie. That's A-lister to me

If you put Zendaya name next to any of those names in her tier, they’ll know who tf Zendaya before any of them.

Next, Kim Kardashian is an A-lister and has 0 talent. Y’all are conflating being a blockbuster star with an A-lister. Florence Pugh is babe! :ohlawd: But the average person won’t know her by name. She’d be so and so from whatever movie. She was just in Oppenheimer and Dune 2. Plus, she has no issues with shooting nude scenes.

Point is Zendaya is A list. The tennis flopped because they pumped fake on the sex scene. Once it got out that it was 🧢. Folks didn’t show up. I’d went if that was the case.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
If you put Zendaya name next to any of those names in her tier, they’ll know who tf Zendaya before any of them.

Next, Kim Kardashian is an A-lister and has 0 talent. Y’all are conflating being a blockbuster star with an A-lister. Florence Pugh is babe! :ohlawd: But the average person won’t know her by name. She’d be so and so from whatever movie. She was just in Oppenheimer and Dune 2. Plus, she has no issues with shooting nude scenes.

Point is Zendaya is A list. The tennis flopped because they pumped fake on the sex scene. Once it got out that it was 🧢. Folks didn’t show up. I’d went if that was the case.
Zendeya is a bland manaquin and y'all only go so hard for her on this site because her dad is Nigerian.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Zendeya is a bland manaquin and y'all only go so hard for her on this site because her dad is Nigerian.
She came from Disney’s child star factory. Then she gets lead roles in Marvel, Dune, and a hit show on HBO. She’s an A-list star.

A better question for the thread would be: Why is the budget so high on a romance drama about some tennis players?