Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
@storyteller how do you feel about Quentin Grimes?

Seems like he’s a good shooter and defender

Promising 3 and D player but the passing and ball-handling limitations are too much for me to like him in the first round. At 31, he should definitely be on the radar but with the talent in this draft it may come down to who else is available and who we've already selected. This draft is really tough to gauge.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I see his conclusion ties right into your ideal backcourt combo...

I won't make any grand proclamations about a Sexton/Lonzo/RJ/Randle/Mitch crew except that they would be fun as hell to watch work. You'd still be missing a true playmaker but you'd have four guys that make things happen with the ball in their hands and an athletic freak under the rim while they work.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I see his conclusion ties right into your ideal backcourt combo...

I won't make any grand proclamations about a Sexton/Lonzo/RJ/Randle/Mitch crew except that they would be fun as hell to watch work. You'd still be missing a true playmaker but you'd have four guys that make things happen with the ball in their hands and an athletic freak under the rim while they work.

:takedat: Sex-Ball

:ahh:

:dame:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
In other news… everyone seems to be pointing at us and Isiah Jackson. Could just be lazy journalism (obvious Kentucky guy) or legit. A lot of people feel like he’s another classic “has way more in the bag than he showed” Kentucky player.

Also, the Sexton momentum has seemed to die down online. Looks like everyone on the outside looking in feels like why the hell would Cleveland do it for next to nothing.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
In other news… everyone seems to be pointing at us and Isiah Jackson. Could just be lazy journalism (obvious Kentucky guy) or legit. A lot of people feel like he’s another classic “has way more in the bag than he showed” Kentucky player.

Also, the Sexton momentum has seemed to die down online. Looks like everyone on the outside looking in feels like why the hell would Cleveland do it for next to nothing.

I kinda get it, but only if Kenny Payne is the one beating the table for him. When I heard they were trading up into the late lottery, I couldn’t peg who that would be and the first name that came to mind was Kai Jones for similar reasons (projects to be a better pro than his college play and has front court swing potential).

When did he get projected to be drafted before 19?
:patrice:

I had the same question in mind. Since when is Duarte supposed to be around the lottery? Dude is a nice pick at 21 but I wouldn’t use a lottery pick.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

When did he get projected to be drafted before 19?
:patrice:

Just listened to the Mismatch and KOC says his absolute floor in LA at 22 but heard the Warriors and the Wizards like him at 14 and 15. Teams are placing a premium on low ceiling older shooters who can play right now.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I had the same question in mind. Since when is Duarte supposed to be around the lottery? Dude is a nice pick at 21 but I wouldn’t use a lottery pick.

Yea. I really hope they don’t trade up for a guy like Duarte, Kispert or even Mitchell. Only realistic guy I’d trade up for is probably Giddey just for the upside play. I won’t be terribly upset if they trade up for Jackson but like you said, they better think he has Bam like potential cause why are you trading up for a backup center?