Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
:wow: We’ve got such a likable ass team besides elf

no divas, just ballers :wow:
Really do. I love the bench, y’all know how I feel about Frank but even with what he dealing with dude still cheers. Even with what Kevin going through he still cheers. Then you got Harper and Pinson just cheering, and it all don’t seem forced, they genuinely look excited for their team even though they don’t get playing time.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Really do. I love the bench, y’all know how I feel about Frank but even with what he dealing with dude still cheers. Even with what Kevin going through he still cheers. Then you got Harper and Pinson just cheering, and it all don’t seem forced, they genuinely look excited for their team even though they don’t get playing time.

:ehh: Agreed breh. The bench is all good vibes, they don’t care as long as we win. That’s team shyt :ehh:

If you peep tho, Payton is never hype for his teammates like that :francis:

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
:ehh: Agreed breh. The bench is all good vibes, they don’t care as long as we win. That’s team shyt :ehh:

If you peep tho, Payton is never hype for his teammates like that :francis:
Never in the group shots after a great or hype play. If it’s something in his personal life then I can understand but if not he a fukked up dude.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Yea you see 50s girl react but I was looking for where the fan was doing the spitting motion. I know 50 would’ve beat that cac to a pulp if he spat on his girl.
Trae doesn’t react tho. Either the fan missed or the fan must have just spilled something on her.

Did y’all peep after the game, the Knicks PR was going to give Julius the TNT interview and he told them no, give it to D Rose.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Good win :salute:
D f*kin ROSE :salute:
Low key Taj had a great game too :salute:

Still gotta figure out that pick and roll though. Hawks missed a lot of open shots and they were getting whatever they wanted out of the P&R. They're a good passing team, they can all drive and kick and they make good decisions with the ball. And they will hit more of those open shots in ATL.

I think the Knick bigs have to go for the hard hedge, and give the on-ball defender time to get back in position. Knicks did it a few times last night and it worked, and it's really the only effective way to defend the P&R. If you trap, follow, or switch the offense has an automatic advantage, and every good defensive team I've ever seen utilizes the hard hedge on a P&R. It's just a tough skill to master and takes a lot of energy and effort to execute, but the Knicks got that.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Taj and Rose were incredible last night and big part of why we won. I know thibs is happy as fukk his trusted bulls are doing so well:wow:

hawks aren’t ready for Mitch :wow:

also big props to Obi, I’ve been one of his main critics on here but he’s really making the most of his minutes, his energy helped us gain momentum

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Got a good feeling that the Knicks fan presence in ATL will be heavy. :lupe:

I heard a lot of heads making plans on being in ATL for Game 3, Ashley called it the "seventh borough"... Another cat tweeted that Trae Young was gonna be tight about not having a single home game this series :russ:

I woke up and just started listening to Undisputed; was there something about someone spitting on Trae Young?

*EDIT* Never mind, just saw the clip. Seems like a media creation tryna create a narrative.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
The dopest part about being a Knicks fan to me is that reaction to the Obi oop. I doubt it’s half as exciting if Randle or Taj caught it, but because it was Obi, who we drafted as a high flyer, yet struggled and we watched night in and out guys miss him for easy oops, get THAT moment, in THAT big of a game. That was a years worth of pent up joy from the garden crowd. Most of the national media doesn’t even get it.

It’s the same as when we celebrated that “random” Pacers victory back in January. It wasn’t just a celebration of a win, it was a celebration of the Knicks finally being a competent team.