Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

momma

All Star
Daps
I follow a really basic filter for determining which teams can sustain deep playoff runs and play Finals-level basketball

Top 11 defense (only 2 teams have won the chip without a top 11 rated defense) ->
Health (your top 3 players gotta be healthy) ->
At least 2 high-level playmakers who can run the offense (look at every championship team, besides maybe the 16 Cavs every team needs to have reliable playmaking off the bench and in the starting lineup) ->
At least 2 bucket getters who can go off for 30 on any given night

After that, it's a matchup basis where chemistry / continuity, starpower, and experience are factored in. But every contender checks off all those initial boxes, and the Knicks do. It might sound crazy but they're a championship-level team, just probably lack the starpower and experience to be favorites over more stacked teams like Philly.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Can’t believe the team has a whole week off. That has never happened before since usual duration between the ending of the season and playoffs is two days.

I wonder if Tibs wins a championship with his Bulls team with five extra days of rest before the playoffs started.

momma

All Star
Daps
Can’t believe the team has a whole week off. That has never happened before since usual duration is two days.

I wonder if Tibs wins a championship with his Bulls team with five extra days of rest before the playoffs started.

It balances out since this season was condensed and COVID testing / protocols made every team's schedule tougher