Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

dave

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They really don’t. It’s year one of a top 10 pick. All they’re doing now is hurting his stock.

I don’t think he’s built for the 4 at a pro level. he was yamming it in college but shyt ain’t sweet playing with the big boyz.

small sample size with half a season but from what I’ve seen so far, he’s falling well below expectations being the 8th pick.

someone said Thibs is trying to make him a spot up shooter which tells me he sees Obi as a system player. without a system, he becomes a liability. a great player can create his own shot and initiate the offense but i just don’t see that in him.

I’m still rooting for the kid and not ready to throw him in the bushes yet. put him in the G-League and give his minutes to Knox.

Knox rookie year already looking better than Obi’s. shyt, maybe Frank too...

:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I don’t think he’s built for the 4 at a pro level. he was yamming it in college but shyt ain’t sweet playing with the big boyz.

small sample size with half a season but from what I’ve seen so far, he’s falling well below expectations being the 8th pick.

someone said Thibs is trying to make him a spot up shooter which tells me he sees Obi as a system player. without a system, he becomes a liability. a great player can create his own shot and and initiate the offense but i just don’t see that in him.

I’m still rooting for the kid and not ready to throw him to the bushes yet. put him in the G-League and give his minutes to Knox.

Knox and Toppin both been given small sample sizes behind vets. They'll prosper on another team.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

someone said Thibs is trying to make him a spot up shooter which tells me he sees Obi as a system player. without a system, he becomes a liability. a great player can create his own shot and and initiate the offense but i just don’t see that in him.

I’m still rooting for the kid and not ready to throw him to the bushes yet. put him in the G-League and give his minutes to Knox.

Knox rookie year already looking better than Obi’s. shyt, maybe Frank’s too...

I actually disagree with you that the issue is he's playing with bigger comp.

Look at him on the court... He is getting NO calls for the cut, NO plays run for him with him on the move, NO organic role in the offense other than stand in the corner.

I would agree that when he is actually given the chance to drive, he looks solid. Today, when he drove and fukked up was an outlier.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Nah, that's pushing it breh

Burks is a way more important cog on this team as oppose to Payton.

And he just made another nice play...but let the hate flow. :ahh:

:whoa: No hate I was just saying Payton would fukk up but make up for it sometimes

Burks sometimes chucks but then hits crazy shots

nobody is as bad as Payton

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

There’s a world where he can excel. He was basically the 5 in college. If you paired him with a stretch 5 or someone like Jokic he’d be just fine. This team just ain’t it.