Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana [PS4/Vita][May 25] - Action JRPG Brehs..

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
CWUzqCBXIAA5X3F.jpg-large.jpg

PS4 Gameplay Video

PS4 Differences W/ Vita

How is the PlayStation 4 version enhanced from the PS Vita version?

Kondo: “Since action had the biggest reaction, we wanted to add more action gameplay elements.

“Due to capacity restrictions in the PS Vita version, Dana’s chapter was more of a bonus element, but in order to strengthen that part, we’ve added a system called ‘Style Change.’

“We’ve added an episode to Dana’s Etania Quest where you rescue a spirit, as well as added the power to transform via the power of that spirit, and an element to power-up that ability.

“In the Dana chapter, you can fight enemies that can only be defeated in a certain style, as well as take on dungeons that can only be unlocked with such styles.

“As for the Adol chapter, ‘Supression Battles,’ a sort of different version of Counter-Attack Battles, where you go into dungeons to defeat enemies who have settled inside, have been added, and see not only Adol and company, but also Dogi’s team participate. Counter-Attack Battles have also increased in number.”

What are the appeals of the PlayStation 4 version?

“The beauty of the scenery has increased exceptionally. It runs at a smooth 60 frames per second, and the load times are much quicker than the PS Vita version. There is no more screen division in the Drifting Village, so you can move around seamlessly. Also, it supports 4K.

“We’re planning to put in many modes requested by Ys fans. Look forward to it.”

For You Graphics Brehs
As previously detailed, the PlayStation 4 version of Ys VIII runs at 60 frames per second, supports 4K, features new actions, improved control response, improved graphics, and more.

Ys-VIII-Lacrimosa-of-Dana-7.jpg

YS-VIII-Lacrimosa-of-Dana-Raksha.jpg

Ys-VIII_02-26-16_002.jpg

tumblr_oih8ic92HQ1qgxh8fo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oih8ic92HQ1qgxh8fo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oih8ic92HQ1qgxh8fo3_1280.jpg

2016-07-27-141318.jpg

tumblr_o6zst0UwN21ux27t3o1_250.gif
tumblr_o6zst0UwN21ux27t3o4_250.gif

tumblr_o6zst0UwN21ux27t3o3_250.gif
tumblr_o6zst0UwN21ux27t3o2_250.gif

Kingdom Hearts ain't got shyt on this...

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ys fan here, played the PC-8801 version and pretty much every game in the series. I agree. I do like KH but Ys is my shyt

Ys is the best Japanese ARPG series out there. Thing is, Fatboi hasn't played nay of them, so he wouldn't know.

NOYEMI.M2

PMD Noyemi
Supporter
Daps
Ys is the best Japanese ARPG series out there. Thing is, Fatboi hasn't played nay of them, so he wouldn't know.
I don't blame him. It was pretty obscure in the west until Ark of Napishtim (even though we did actually get I and II on the US version of the PCE)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ys >>>> Kingdom Hearts. Any actual JRPG fan would agree.

So which is it?? A JRPG or ARPG? I'm not making threads about Mario Kart saying "Gran Turismo ain't got shyt on this..." His comment just sounded like some elitist weeabo bullshyt.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Genre
RPGs

Sub-Genres
JRPG - Japanese RPG
WRPG - Western RPG

Sub-Sub-Genres
Turn-Based RPGs
ARPG - Action RPG - Realtime RPGs
Japanese ARPG - (ex. Nioh, Kingdom Hearts 3, Tales of Berseria, Star Ocean, Ys)

Last edited: