Youtuber missing after cross-country trip with BoyFriend (update: RIP)

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I keep asking you what they could of done but you give no concrete options.
If they knew that he was abusive, then they could have tried to convince her to go to the police about it or tried talking her into leaving him altogether. Better yet, they could and should have tried to talk her out of going on the recent trip with him altogether.

Anything would have been better than sitting there and doing nothing knowing that he had issues and what the eventual outcome would be.

They had more power to do something about it than the police that they are blaming by extension of knowing more about them than the police did.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
If they knew that he was abusive, then they could have tried to convince her to go to the police about it or tried talking her into leaving him altogether. Better yet, they could and should have tried to talk her out of going on the recent trip with him altogether.

Anything would have been better than sitting there and doing nothing knowing that he had issues and what the eventual outcome would be.

They had more power to do something about it than the police that they are blaming.
Do you really think they did not do all of that? Even if they did not, she is an adult and made the choice to be with him. They could not legally keep her away from him, so all the talk about what the family could do is pointless.

You have situations where women will get with criminals and the family tells her not to do it but she does anyways. Something bad happens and the family gets blamed when the person saw the same things the family did and stayed. You have family that tell their adult son not to hang out with a certain group of people because they are irresponsible, but they still do. That son gets caught up in dumb shyt and is locked up because of the group.

In the end you have to understand that when someone is an adult, you lose the power to legally influence their choices. All of the words in the world can not stop someone from doing what they want to do, so again blaming them for this is crazy.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Do you really think they did not do all of that? Even if they did not, she is an adult and made the choice to be with him. They could not legally keep her away from him, so all the talk about what the family could do is pointless.

You have situations where women will get with criminals and the family tells her not to do it but she does anyways. Something bad happens and the family gets blamed when the person saw the same things the family did and stayed. You have family that tell their adult son not to hang out with a certain group of people because they are irresponsible, but they still do. That son gets caught up in dumb shyt and is locked up because of the group.

In the end you have to understand that when someone is an adult, you lose the power to legally influence their choices. All of the words in the world can not stop someone from doing what they want to do, so again blaming them for this is crazy.
Again from logic, the police shouldn't be held liable for what happened as well since she was adult and still would have ran back even if they would have kept them overnight. If you say no to that, then you're proving my point.

Everybody deserves blame for failing her including her family and friends. Just because she was an adult doesn't mean that she was mentally built to handle the situation that she was in.

Last edited:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Again from logic, the police shouldn't be held liable for what happened as well since she was adult and still would have ran back even if they would have kept them overnight. If you say no to that, then you're proving my point.

Everybody deserves blame for failing her including her family and friends and the victim herself.
Now you are being idiotic. If the police did not follow the correct procedures when they stopped them after the fight then yes, they should be found liable. The family cant stop their fukking adult daughter from who they date, whether it is an issue of race, income, sexuality or competence.

This is my last time responding to you about this because you are being highly obtuse and it is irritating.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Now you are being idiotic. If the police did not follow the correct procedures when they stopped them after the fight then yes, they should be found liable. The family cant stop their fukking adult daughter from who they date, whether it is an issue of race, income, sexuality or competence.

This is my last time responding to you about this because you are being highly obtuse and it is irritating.
I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are to yours. Don't like it. Oh well.

I haven't said anything worse than some other people are saying and thinking.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
He had a letter from his mom that doesn't sound good. :patrice:

Gabby Petito’s parents now have a copy of a letter Brian Laundrie’s mother wrote to her son, which included references to getting a shovel and burying a body.

Attorneys for both sides argued in a Sarasota County, Florida, courtroom Wednesday over whether the letter is relevant to the lawsuit brought by Gabby Petito’s parents against Laundrie’s parents and the Laundries’ former attorney.

The envelope containing the letter – which is undated – said “burn after reading” and was recovered from Brian Laundrie’s backpack when his remains were found in October 2021.

“As we all know the letter references burying a body bringing a shovel and burying a body,” Petito family attorney Patrick Reilly said in court Wednesday. “Those are criminal acts, by the way, that Roberta Laundrie has said she would commit.”

Attorneys for Brian Laundrie’s parents fought to not turn over the letter, arguing that it’s not relevant to the civil lawsuit brought by Petito’s parents.

Their behavior after everything went down was insane. And they pretty much signed their son's death warrant when he could have at least made peace with himself in prison and figured out a new life eventually.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Her family and friends still deserve blame and culpability for what transpired as they knew he wasn't all there mentally yet still didn't do their part in trying to keep her away from him. Going to the public to say that you knew he always had issues means nothing if you didn't do anything before about it until it was too late :francis:

My question would be at what point does personal responsibility play a factor in this equation?

Was she not an adult? Could she herself not see that this dude was sick and twisted? If we’re sitting here as complete strangers idly talking about all the red flags and warning signs this psycho was exhibiting then how could she, being in the eye of the storm NOT see it?!?

They’re the saying the cops urged her to come with them when they saw signs of abuse and she said no. At what point is taking proper steps to save your own life YOUR responsibility?

Family and friends could’ve told her all day long to stay clear of him, and yet she CHOSE to go on a cross country hiking trip with him!?!?

Hate to sound like Kanye but that sounds like a choice to me…

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
My question would be at what point does personal responsibility play a factor in this equation?

Was she not an adult? Could she herself not see that this dude was sick and twisted? If we’re sitting here as complete strangers idly talking about all the red flags and warning signs this psycho was exhibiting then how could she, being in the eye of the storm NOT see it?!?

They’re the saying the cops urged her to come with them when they saw signs of abuse and she said no. At what point is taking proper steps to save your own life YOUR responsibility?

Family and friends could’ve told her all day long to stay clear of him, and yet she CHOSE to go on a cross country hiking trip with him!?!?

Hate to sound like Kanye but that sounds like a choice to me…
Just because you’re an adult doesn’t mean that you’re mentally and emotionally built to handle and deal with different types of situations. Sometimes you have to protect people from themselves before they make decisions that they’ll regret and it’s too late to do anything about it.

I don’t know why people think that adults are immune from making sloppy decisions out here and yes the victim deserves blame for what transpired and why I think that the lawsuit is rather disingenuous IMO.

xCivicx

Archduke of Audits
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are to yours. Don't like it. Oh well.

I haven't said anything worse than some other people are saying and thinking.
Your opinion isn't really based in any form of logical thought though

You're assuming that no one tried to get her to stay away from him

On top of that, she's an adult. She's gonna do whatever she wanted to do

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I mean at the end of the day you can’t make decisions for people. I’ve given so much relationship and just in general life advice to the point where I’m blue in the face. It probably would be even more difficult for someone being abused physically and mentally to listen to anyone.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Your opinion isn't really based in any form of logical reality though

You're assuming that no one tried to get her to stay away from him

On top of that, she's an adult. She's gonna do whatever she wanted to do
If they couldn't do it, then how did they expect the police to do it as well? The police separating them for the night would have only been delaying the inevitable and everyone involved knew it. Everyone deserves blame for what happened the victim herself.

That's essentially my point in why I find them filing the lawsuit to be a bit disingenuous.

Last edited: