Your Games will soon be containing adverts

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
expected this over 20 years ago to become the norm.

Actually shocked it's not the norm by now

Isnt this what they bytched and moaned about for making "next-gen" games $70 now saying they don't have enough money??? Remember??? we all knew it was bullshyt then. :what:

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Isnt this what they bytched and maned abut for making "next-gen" games $70 now saying they don't have enough money??? Remember??? we all knew it was bullshyt then. :what:

Dog, nikkaz that didn't go through the 90s cartridge era from Nintendo and early 90s from Sega with their ridiculous game prices get ignored. Paying those prices back then trumps ANYTHING we paying now. Games were signficantly cheaper to make then too. And MUCH shorter as well.
:unimpressed:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Dog, nikkaz that didn't go through the 90s cartridge era from Nintendo and early 90s from Sega with their ridiculous game prices get ignored. Paying those prices back then trumps ANYTHING we paying now. Games were signficantly cheaper to make then too. And MUCH shorter as well.
:unimpressed:

Yeah but...:heh: remember what they said from going from cartidge to disks is that cd disks and their ability to retain information is much cheaper and easier to create then to make cartridges, now they complaining they are not getting enough money again and development time takes too long...:beli: jesus christ... why not just admit like that take 2 exec said they want MORE money and fleecing the fans is ok... the fans are stupid they will pay extra $10 on top and we've changed nothing on how we make games for next gen...:bryan:

yuACGQ.gif

How can anyone not see this???:deadrose:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I seriously doubt it’ll be commercial break. It’ll probably be the way you described it, just like in movies. Basically product placement.
Ads are streamed from a PlayerWON server, allowing the service to ensure the player has watched the spot in its entirety. The system is also designed to give publishers the ability to offer players in-game rewards upon watching the ad, such as in-game currency and character cosmetics. According to Simulmedia’s research, players were found “willing to watch up to ten ads per day in order to unlock free perks.”
It will work exactly like a mobile game ad that stops you and makes you watch a video
I just won't buy any games that add this feature :yeshrug:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2k has product placement but what “whole” streaming commercials if any do they have in game?

I only play 2K when it's free from Playstation Plus or Gamepass so I don't have as consistent an experience as some might, but it's definitely a thing.

I want to say 2K20 had full on ads that would play on the loading screen to get into a game if it didn't play 2KTV.

And in 2K21, at least once a game when someone calls timeout, the announce team just straight up does a Gatorade ad read.

It's pretty crazy when you think that a player is paying at least $60 to get in the door, is pelted with microtransaction opportunities at nearly every turn, and STILL has to deal with obtrusive ads.