Your favorite horror game of all time

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
yl9aOp2.jpg

Personal fave.

The "actual game elements" are solid enough, enemies, bosses, and puzzles add enough challenge without being particularly annoying. Standard survival horror fare in that regard.

But where this game REALLY shines is in the areas where *most* videogames horrendously fail. Most videogames, although fun, are actually vapid, immature, worthless piles of garbage under the thin crust. That simply is not the case with SH2. The imagery, characterization, story, themes, plot...it all fits together so well. And it's actually DEEP. This is one of the few games worth theorizing about and contemplating on well after you've completed it.

It's also one of the few games with multiple endings where I felt that the various endings (Outside of the fan-service, jokey UFO ending) actually MEANT something.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
All my favourites have been mentioned already, but what yall know about

images

siren-blood-curse-e1319592365215.jpg
sirenbloodcurse_00.jpg

siren_blood_curse2.jpg

Game was dope but it was frightening to the point of :whoa: like I didn't want to keep playing.
Developers were not trying to give any fukks at all with this, shyt made Dead Space look like Luigi's Mansion :damn:
How does it hold up? I think i need to cop this. Never played it and ive been itching for a good horror game.

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
I liked FEAR.

The sound and lighting had me bussing shots at absolutely nothing more than once. Playing that shyt with headphones was a mind fukk

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Resident evil remake
RE 2& nemesis
Dead Space 1

I'm surprised more of you didn't say RE nemesis. I was shook every time that big mofo popped out.
I didnt care for re3. I thought it was a huge step back in the series.

And re2 already had mr.x so the nemesis angle was already done.

SlowPaceThrillah

Pro
Supporter
Daps
How does it hold up? I think i need to cop this. Never played it and ive been itching for a good horror game.

Yea, I mean I wouldn't call it the "Loads'O Fun" express, but if you want an extra-cold survival horror game I can't think of better. The controls are more Silent Hill than Dead Space but it's not about cleaning house so much as creeping past some of the nastiest fukking enemy builds of the last gen.

DL it, play it, then speak on it breh

WeSeeIt

Rookie
Daps
Night_Trap_Cover.jpg

Good memories playing these games :manny:

I just bought a copy of Night Trap while on a business trip. Pristine condition in a game store! I walked up to the dude and said, 'Do you know what this is?' He looks at me blankly and says, 'Of course I know what it is! That's why its 50 bucks!'

And then I replied with, 'shut up and take my money!'

Also, my favorite horror game is...
e0-sat-us.jpg

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Yea, I mean I wouldn't call it the "Loads'O Fun" express, but if you want an extra-cold survival horror game I can't think of better. The controls are more Silent Hill than Dead Space but it's not about cleaning house so much as creeping past some of the nastiest fukking enemy builds of the last gen.

DL it, play it, then speak on it breh
I've been craving a more old school survival horror game.

I love dead space but 2 and 3 lost the entire atmosphere, they tried to make them into action games.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"RE4", hands down.

I'm gonna sound :flabbynsick: but I gotta give a shout out to "The Lurking Horror". It came out in '87 and was a Lovecraft inspired text based game, kinda like the RPG "Zork". Believe it or not it was pretty damn creepy, like reading an interactive horror story:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lurking_horror

Fred.