Your best/worst eBay experiences

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
bought some "deadstock" kobe laser huarache 2k4s.

nike-huarach-sk4-kobe-laser.jpg

they weren't deadstock though, we'll atleast 1 wasn't. one shoe was clean as fukk, the other was obviously a display shoe. the white mesh was discolored, the shoes were night and day. i complained to the seller and got some of my money back, then i cleaned the shoe as best as i could. I'd say i got it up to 85-90%, still a difference but you gotta look really hard to notice.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I think I'm pretty much done with eBay. I sold this dude a soundbar that I bought and didn't like. It sounds pretty crappy to me. Yamaha YSP 2500. I took a loss on buying it on CL because I paid a guy $500 + I gave him my YSP 1400 which to me sounds better. I sold it on eBay for $550 + $50 shipping the bar retails for $1000 or so. Mind you I used the soundbar and it worked fine.

He gets it and says the remote doesn't work and wants a refund. I try to get him to take a partial refund and just keep it. I would have refunded him like $150. He's not having it he wants a full refund and he even offers to pay return shipping. I agree and start the return process on eBay and it prints him a label for $35 return shipping charged to me USPS.

Here's the kicker. I sent him that item FedEx and I mailed the soundbar in a box and the subwoofer in a second box. It cost $120 to have both items boxed and shipped that way with insurance. This guy boxes everything back up as it was sent and takes the eBay return shipping label to the post office. He gives them two separate boxes and they charge him nothing and accept both and on the receipt there's a single tracking number for two boxes. I get a single box yesterday with the subwoofer and the remote. the soundbar is God knows where. eBay of course sees I signed for the first box and thinks I've received the full product. I'm expected to issue a return in 6 days.

I contact the buyer and he takes a pic of the receipt and sure enough he totally cheaped out on what he agreed on. Not only did he not pay anything for shipping but he didn't even box the items together which if he had done I probably would have got both back if the PO accepted it.

Of course I filed a claim on eBay. I wonder how they'll handle this.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
...and eBay ignored my message and ruled in favor of the buyer. So now I'm out of the money and missing my item.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
...and eBay ignored my message and ruled in favor of the buyer. So now I'm out of the money and missing my item.
eBay almost always sides with the buyers no matter what.

The broken PS4 fiasco I had to deal with was the last straw for me. fukk eBay, I am done with them.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
eBay almost always sides with the buyers no matter what.

The broken PS4 fiasco I had to deal with was the last straw for me. fukk eBay, I am done with them.
I got him to confess to what he did on eBay's message system. Saved my ass. I called the appeal line he read my messages and reversed the decision. So eBay is putting the $550 back in my PayPal. I guess everyone comes out ok except eBay. Buyer got paid by eBay and they're paying me back too. As for the soundbar I'm hoping I can still get it back. I told the buyer if it bounces back to him let me know and I'll pay the shipping on it to get it back.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Buyer says the item is at my post office and if I go there and pay the postage I'll have it back. That's crazy. Because eBay rushed to a decision before I got my item back I basically get to keep the money from the sell and get my item back.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Worst:

i had a good streak copping sneakers off ebay and i saw these

air-jordan-xi-white-concord.jpg

the concord 11s... i was like:ohhh: for only $150? im copping right now. Now looking back I had to have been the dumbest fukker in 10th grade i really wasn't up on verified ebay sellers/good ratings or anything. I hit buy it now and they came a few days later. When I opened the box i saw the most fugazi pair of 11's i have ever seen in my life :wow: leather was dull, stiching all wrong, the jump man had a booty lmaoooo shyt was all wrong. I contacted the seller saying "hey these are fakes whats the deal?" son wrote me back and said "i never said they were authentic :troll: :shaq:" :dead:

at that point i contacted paypal and they opened a case. The whole team i was like "shyt if i roc these a certain way maybe no one will notice they are fake :flabbynsick:" lmaoo. Luckily ebay came through and I got a refund just had to return them to seller.

Best:

i got these for about $180 like a few years after they dropped :ahh: authentic
foam.jpg
:mjlol::dead:

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
eBay employees are fukking retarded. And have no idea how to handle shyt. Strictly Amazon :birdman:

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Brehs, had to up to this thread. Just got scammed for $450 and a collectible bomber jacket. Sent to the guy, he gets it says it's fake. We open dispute, I post receipts and all kind of shyt, he just keep saying it is fake. Of course yall know how ebay roles. So he sends it back, I film myself opening the package and inside is a bunch of empty packages and water bottles :mjcry: I file an appeal and of course ebay sides with him. I'm hoping paypal can refund me but I don't have much faith in them.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Brehs, had to up to this thread. Just got scammed for $450 and a collectible bomber jacket. Sent to the guy, he gets it says it's fake. We open dispute, I post receipts and all kind of shyt, he just keep saying it is fake. Of course yall know how ebay roles. So he sends it back, I film myself opening the package and inside is a bunch of empty packages and water bottles :mjcry: I file an appeal and of course ebay sides with him. I'm hoping paypal can refund me but I don't have much faith in them.

:dead:

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
find that guy's social media and blow him up breh